Using time bank to help another player at bubble

J

Jordan8564

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You sir are a cheat and should be banned from that site, you can't do ANYTHING to increase a persons chance of winnng and also got lucky by coming 14th ? Your seriously? You never even made the final table you little noob would love to crush your fat little face with my massive balls aces taking the full time bank making other players tilt and loose you mofo

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You sir are a cheat and should be banned from that site, you can't do ANYTHING to increase a persons chance of winnng and also got lucky by coming 14th ? Your seriously? You never even made the final table you little noob would love to crush your fat little face with my massive balls aces taking the full time bank making other players tilt and loose you mofo[/

You must of been the bubble bi*ch that day, sorry you couldn't hang on for the min cash. I used MY timebank as I seen fit, weather it was proper is a long gone discussion. But coming into a thread being a keyboard badas* is down right funny, kinda pathetic and something a 18yo punk would consider doing. I'm going to make the ASSumption that you fit the bill in a couple of the things I mentioned above.

C

crazyjess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never heard of someone doing this. I think it's very noble of you. Most people will try to kick you out of the tournament when they see you don't have much chips left. So thumbs up for you :D

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I was playing in a Betonline $200 freeroll that got 1200+ runners in it. It got down to the money bubble which payed 40 places. When it got to 44 left another player at my table was extremely short only had 3BB and I noticed he was using every second he could to make his play. So having been in that exact situation myself, trying to sneak into the money, I wrote in chat that I would use my complete timebank (120secs+) to try and help him make it into the money. No one else at the table did this, and when the buble finally burst he had less than 1 BB and made the money. He thanked me in chat and then another person at the table made a comment to the extent of why don't you dumba**es stop taking for ever to play.

How do you guys feel about this? I get not wanting to slow the game down, but the guy made it through 1200+ people down to 40 and I thought it was a nice gesture. it wasn't down to hand for hand yet until 41 so by time banking I prolly got him in the money. I ended up making it to 14th place so maybe the good karma payed off.:D

You're a nice guy. I would have punished him every chance I could. You played your game and it might be considered collusion. but to each they're own. I wouldn't take it easy on you but I don't make rude comments.

D

donkeykrunk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see people doing this all the time on BetOnline, I do the same whenever it gets down to the last 50 or so players to make sure I make it to cash in the freerolls.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^ this.

Plus it wouldn't work in proper tournaments that do hand-for-hand play at the bubble to avoid exactly this problem.

It would be like collision if it were a live tournament but online you only get a certain amount of time so I don't think its that bad.

It is just annoying when people do this.

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done this before when playing some freerolls and if i seen someone struggling to make it ITM and if i had started chatting to s1 at my table i would try and help them out a little by using my time bank also, i would never discuss it though and nowadays i would not do it and would actually put pressure on these players but i don't see the big problem with it in a freeroll, i can see why ppl see it as collusion also and i wouldn't ever do it in a tournie i bought into, many freerolls i used to play on FTP for the UK players i would help out if i struck up a friendship with s1 at my table or sin like that. :)

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you analyze it better also you are helping to you, using the time bank you are allowing other players to eliminate in other tables ... although your intention was good, next time do not say it to any player of the table.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks guys for the feedback, I will for sure not say anything if I decide to use my timebank on the bubble again.

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all for it if I am the player that was helped. I'm very against it if I am player number 41! Haha, this is a funny ethical dilemma

Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do it in the future. I wouldn't mention it in chat.

N

nielrp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already helped and I was helped, friendship is part of the game

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this done in last weeks party poker Powerfest One million dollar tournament close to the bubble one player asked the table to use their clock and most did . I don't think any online site really cares with milking the timebank.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah I agree, it's your timebank and you can use it if you see fit.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny you use your time for it to get in the bubble.

Many people criticize who plays slow near the bubble seeking the ITM, I have a simple concert about this:

The site offers you that time to play and you use it any way you want.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you have to go to war with is your chips,your cards,your fold button,your call button,your raise button,chat,and your time bank. Use them any way you want. And don`t let anyone say otherwise,,because if your pissing someone off,your probably using it right! :deal:

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In satellite tournaments this is very good, but in tournaments where it will not end when it arrives, it does not pay to do it. Now if it is worth an entry is very interesting.

A

amemex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! Interesting action. I, personally, love helping people. That's where my career is heading as I'm pursuing one in humanities/social work, so I totally understand why you did what you did. But, you can look at it another way; while you were helping him make the bubble, you deprived another from making that spot who probably worked just as hard to get there, so while you helped one person out by being kind, your kindness inevitably removed the opportunity for someone else to make the bubble.

While your intentions were pure (and kudos to you for that, I know if I was that player, I would be very grateful), as others have mentioned, it could be seen as collusion. But what's done is done and at least you know you made someone else's day!

A

Anton828

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Привет! Во фрироллах это довольно частый случай. Мне самому получалось бывать на месте игрока, который использует тайм-банк для того чтобы попасть в призовые. Не все игроки за столом солидарны в вашем поступке. Но сопереживание за игрока делает поступок благородным. В турнирах с низкими баинами и выше такое встретить редко, в особенности в турнирах shatout.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Привет! Во фрироллах это довольно частый случай. Мне самому получалось бывать на месте игрока, который использует тайм-банк для того чтобы попасть в призовые. Не все игроки за столом солидарны в вашем поступке. Но сопереживание за игрока делает поступок благородным. В турнирах с низкими баинами и выше такое встретить редко, в особенности в турнирах shatout.

The forum is English only, but I google translated it and you are correct. I have for sure used my bank to help myself slide into the money before.

A

Anton828

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. My buddy has a freeroll experience playing hands-up. Even in this tournament, there are players who, in the absence of an opponent, dump their cards. However, you may be able to block an account later because of the players ' grievances for prolonging the game. I'm using Bing's language interpreter

lilcharlierich

lilcharlierich

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man i hate when they be doing that

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do that as well sometimes but it depends on how short the guy at my table is. I mean if he's fairly the shortest one in the tourney I dont have mercy lol. If there are a bunch of shorter stacks then I may waste some time as well. But also an important factor if the target tourney is already running or not. If it is I'd like to jump in it as quickly as possible and dislike the time being wasted like that. Like hey, we all have been there - sometimes you gotta lose.