Turbo Tournaments, how to play them ?

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play fewer pots. The ones I do play I play fast and hard. No messing around.

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay behind, tight and wait for good cards. Not going in pot with 3 or more players.. In turbo i think 80%luck than normal game... Anyway good luck at tables mate !!! ;)

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One advice that come to my mind is play more hands while little blinds.
Try to be smart. Don't play VERY aggressive with middle hand.
Know, with middle pocket hand good flop - is cheap flop.
AJs+, TT+ might be pushed even up to all-in.

In the middle stage, try to keep your cheaps at the 10-15 bb level and high.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Observe the table and you do need to widen your range.

L

lordrobes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soft = bad early

Hello, I am really liking the turbo tournaments on fulltilt but I never seem to cash is it the way I am playing or is it just bad luck.

I play soft more aggressive than I would be playing on normal tournaments, should I play lest softer and play tight? what's your opinions ?

Definitely do not play soft early in a turbo tournament (or probably any tournament for that matter). Most people play loose (or soft) passive in the early stages of turbos, which often leads to them simply wasting their chips. With that said, you must be careful when you do get a great hand and the flop comes very wet (draw heavy/potential made draws). There is a decent chance one of your opponents actually played that "completely random" hand, especially early on in a tournament. In the middle to late stages of the tournament I would definitely recommend opening up your hand selection or you will become too predictable for good players.

In summary: Play tight early, beware of wet flops, and loosen up later in the tournament to avoid becoming predicatable

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play aggressively as possible . If you do not fall into the flop is reset to cases of aggression , sometimes bluff

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just find a push/fold chart, and always be aware of the effective stacks in play :D

And yes, run good ;)