Easy fold, at this level of the tournament I would call with KK+

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament is not worth the risk in vain. I would fold.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fold for me. Even though I would have a bit more equity than the villain with a range of AT+ since he's never shoving with JJ+, it's still a coin flip by calling. If you believe that you're probably able to outplay most of the tourney field, than you shouldn't need to take those coin tosses and put your tournament on the line.
If you're very much outskilled by majority of the field, it's best to take those all in flips where it's even game pre flop.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
If you have below 20 BB go all in. If not, better to fold

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early on the tournament I would fold also. As you mention it could be a flip, but for sure you can wait for better spots and I don't think taking flips that early is necessary.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you did everything right. Tournaments are not won at an early stage.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking of being tempted to all-in with TT.... Yesterday I was in SB with TT. UTG called, then action folded to Button who called, I raised 5X, and BB went all-in. I was thinking about this thread right then, and clicked my fold button. UTG folded, and the Button also went all-in bigger than the BB, and my fold became effective. Cards go face up, Button has JJ, and BB has QQ. TT was beaten all around if I had played it. Also the community cards helped no one.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not want to repeat myself, so I’ll give the answer that I gave to the guy who on the bubble with pocket 10 10 and the sixth largest stack took the all-in from the chip leader
"In this situation, you made a mistake and decided to put it on display. Yes, now you are lucky and you have won a huge pot, but if you continue to act similarly, you cannot build a decent bank. Judging by the buy-in size, bankroll is not important. Do not be offended, read more poker classics, so you save most of your money. "

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold is better. many chips.. desnecessary risk

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your bankroll is large, you can risk it, in another case 10 10, a very risky hand and I would fold.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the amount of big blinds you have

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my point of view you made the right move, I would also do the same as you, I would not risk paying with TT, our tournament does not boil down to that, we have a lot of game ahead of us.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did the right fold.
the beginning of the tournament is better to play much tight with the best starting hands. the risk at the beginning of the tournament is not justified
You need to play poker and not a lottery.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament I wouldnt take too much risk and fold that hand.
But I would call in case:
the opponent is very aggressive,
he is stealing too much the blinds and / or
if I doubled him in chips and then considering the other variables so I decided to take the risk and make the call.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, so many people opt to fold in this spot?

I have to say I disagree with all of you :D

Facts:
1. micro stakes MTT - players are playing quite bad, and not very reasonable! They will still not shove pre-flop with QQ+ cause even bad players know they are losing value. I also do not see them do that with AK, but even if they did, it's still a flip with TT
2. I am guessing that all of you are failing to realize this is a TURBO tournament. blinds increase every 5mins and the starting stacks were probably <150BB. Fold TT in these spots and in 3 or 4 levels, you will be happy to make the call with ATs in the exact same spot.

IMO it is a call! Villain can have a very wide range, doubling up in a turbo tournament early on is such a blessing. If you know what to do with a big stack, then twice the starting stack in a turbo tournament should be a slide to the money.

R

Ralfs Roga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a good fold, you should fold more in the early stages because everything can happen.

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well played. it's only beginning of tourney and if you don't have any reads on opponent, you did right.

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, what would u do in a MTT turbo low buy-in 2.5$, in 2nd level a player just shoved on me in CUT OFF, i was at SB, i folded because i think most of time its a flip, and was at beggining ot MTT.

Call, no good player is just ripping all in, so his range a lot wider your going to see so many times where your 10's are mashing his 3's,2's and random garbage k7 off and stuff.

Good time to take a gamble and try get a big stack in your MTT.

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno
I'm playing horrible so I'm not the
one to give advice today.
I cant win from ahead or behind and its affecting my
play.
good luck to you though

I know the feeling! I've been in the same streak and started playing very badly.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a good fold. I've been seeing this more lately and it really is 50/50 whether they have a really good hand or just something that you are somewhat ahead of. Put that together and your equity is not going to be looking great when faced with all your chips being in the pot.

Folding in Poker