nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well i want to know if u trap oponents with AA AK KK in tournaments and sometimes u get in a bad spot with lots of callers and u got in a tricky spot with a bad board how u procede. U could be dead or close in few boards

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Obviously, before deciding to trap you agree with the risk of discounting your hand from the strongest preflop to a mediocre or a weak hand postflop. So upon agreeing on this risk, you also automatically understand that there are flops and actions on flop which signify that you're beaten. You have to accept it right away, even before setting a trap, and be ready to give up under certain conditions. If you can't give up on AA with circumstances being not in your favour, then don't trap.

Also you have to clearly understand why are you trapping, normally you need to have good reasons to do so. If you're at the table of calling stations and it's a deep stack stage of a tournament, limping with pocket aces is a losing strategy.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don’t slow play those hands, you are just asking for trouble. (In general). I go with the thinking that if I want chips to go in the pot I need to put chips in the pot. Yea if you slow play (limp) then you just invite other limpets to come along. So when your aces are heads up you have around 80ish% chance of winning the hand. For each player in after that then you minus 10% equity. So I just play it fast even if it’s just for the blinds. Good luck!

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Understandable ways of thinking i agree in some spots u can make lots of chips or if u dont fold cant lose a lot too need to see how the oponnents play

H

hishshy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That’s a great question I also would like to you know because everytime i try to trap a player they always end up beating my hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cant both slowplay and get married to your hand. So in situations, where you end up in a multiway pot, and the board runout and/or action is such, that you are most likely beat, then you have to fold. And then maybe reevaluate, if slowplaying was such a great idea in the first place ;)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Recently I observed what I put as an intentional slow play:
Previously, when I was down to <15BBs in the BB and BN limped to me, I jammed a hand and he folded.
Next round he does it again. I'm still low in chips but have T6o, so not jamming here, so I simply check.
Flop 6J6. I check to him, he bets 1 BB, I raise to 3.5, he to 6 and I finally jam. He reveals AA but gets another A on the river.

That's just one example why slowplaying is often a bad idea. You don't have to bet more than the regular amount preflop but just play the hand as you play all the others. 😉

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's just one example why slowplaying is often a bad idea.
I think, its a very good example. With 15BB there is no real reason to have a BTN limping strategy, especially when someone else is the effective stack, because then the ICM-pressure is on them. So BTN should just min-raise all the hands, he want to play, including AA. He will still get jammed on regularly by a 15BB stack, and when you defend by calling, its much easier for him to get the chips in postflop without making any mistakes. On a board like J66, you would be more likely to have a J, and less likely to have a 6, because hands like T6o are usually not defended. And even if you fold a hand like that pre, its not the end of the world, because he still pick up a round of blinds and antes uncontested. Which is better than letting you get there for free and then stack off on the flop as a 10:1 dog :)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to play singles, isolate and try to play with as few opponents as possible, if everyone gives up, so be it.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Always consider raising with aces, don't limp and try to be tricky. Being in a multiway pot on the flop is the last thing you should want. Don't think your opponents are that stupid.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trappinng opponents?!. OK! It's a good idea! But main, that yourself to down in own trap! Because in Poker Everyone can to win
with any random cards sometimes!..

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe when your down less than 10BB and the shortest stacks, still not in the money. you need a double or triple up to get a change to cash.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
lately I've only been playing AA all-in, if you let other players limp with a bad hand, the trap you created will play against you

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
it is very risky to slow play AA or KK .. You can lose a large part or even your entire stack

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to play with good cards and consider my position at the table. In addition, I try to observe the game of my opponents and record the relevant notes for myself. Patience, in my opinion, should be the basis for a productive game.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if caught on a bad board, you have to know your opponents , what they call with etc. but also know when to fold them.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hi. I say it's good to avoid crowding when you set a trap, the opponent matters a lot, not everyone has a weakness. If you find a player who has recently lost a significant percentage of his stack and you see him persistently trying to recover, I think he is the best target.Many times with these good hands I can't even see the flop 😀

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I almost never slow play these preflop. I did in the past, and got burnt too many times with garbage hands

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
perhaps this is not for me, I would rather play a raise or 3bet and be sure of my equity than risk it, it is worth noting that my postflop game is clearly not ideal, I think because of this I don’t want to make unnecessary mistakes

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always raise the bet to know what situation I'm in!(y):unsure::unsure:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You go and play and act depending the situation. If you hold AA, KK, AK you have a great advantage.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Deny players who are aggressive when you have a strong hand. The hope is on future streets they will build the pot for you.
Against the Calling Stations you have to bet your hand as they are the players who will chase. If you give them bad odds it weakens their draws and you could benefit from their refusal to fold.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Normally, I would not advocate limping from any position other than SB. If you're getting "lots of callers", you're obviously limping from early position, which for me is an absolute no-no.

I think there can be a case made for limping as an exploit against a specific opponent. For example if you have a super aggressive player on the BTN that has been raising over any perceived weakness, then in becomes quite a good option. But as a general rule - don't limp!

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It is not always easy to set a trap even with strong hands. My last example of this was when villain had AA and I had 33. The flop was 223 and AA didn't improve. Here, for example, although AA set a trap in vain, it was already beaten at the beginning of the game.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
You got to know when to hold em and when to fold em.
If you decide to trap you also have to know to let go when you feel you are beaten.