Towst going live again

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about the delay. Had work to do.

I qualified for this tournament by winning an £11 ($18) qualifier, and then played the online Day One to reach the live Day Two.

I allowed three hours for the two hour drive to the venue, but got held up and arrived only just in time to sit down for the first hand, but with no time to wash up or get a snack after the journey. :(

I was drawn at seat 10 on the feature table, which I didn`t particularly like. Seat 10 is my least favourite seat at any table. Assuming the dealer is right-handed, his arm and shoulder are constantly in your field of vision as he manipulates cards and chips. Your view of the left side of the table and your opponents at that end is quite restricted. Still, at least the draw gave my buddies a good view via the internet. :)

My notes on the day are very thin, not because I was being lazy, but because there isn`t a lot to say. The cards were not on my side and I played few notable pots and can`t recall ever hitting a flop hard.

During the first three levels, I maintained my stack largely by stealing and c-betting. I knocked a short-stack out when he shoved with AJ and I called with AK which held, but that was pretty standard.

During levels 4 and 5, my opponents hit trips or a set against me three times. On each occasion, I got away from the situation without being crippled, but the cumulative effect of those three pots reduced my stack quite a lot.

During level 6, looking for a spot to chip up a little, I made the move which DJ has mentioned in his post, with the unfortunate result he described. I finished 26th and received £650 ($1100). I did feel that there would have been more available if I`d had more ammunition. The standard of play didn`t seem particularly inspired to me, certainly not as good as last weekend`s international field. Mustn`t be greedy though, I had a perfectly good pay day.

Thanks to all of you for your support. I hope you enjoyed the show. :)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mate, thats a hell of a nice payday considering you didnt get the cards, wish I could get results like that. Do you think a lot of them satty'd like you did, so maybe their skills werent as good as say a full buy-in player? Not saying ur skills arent that good, we know they are, but those others that maybe satty'd in?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think a lot of them satty'd like you did, so maybe their skills werent as good as say a full buy-in player?

Dunno, really. Logically, you would think everyone would have to be decent to get through to the final day, regardless of how they reached Day One. Maybe being on the TV table makes a difference to people`s play.

Personally, I didn`t give it much thought. I was more thinking about the lunch I hadn`t had. :D But, I can see how people might feel compelled to play ABC for fear of looking stupid in front of a worldwide audience, should they make an off the wall play which failed.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very much enjoyed watching & appreciate your comments, always a pleasure watching a man with a plan at work.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a very chatty table,

The TD quite severely warned the players at the TV table to be very careful of our language, on account of there would be thousands of people watching, including women and kids, and he didn`t want any complaints. Had the effect of putting people off bantering much.

At one point, a player did let slip the "F" word and I said, "Got to watch that, mate. A hundred grannies just fainted out there." :D

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The TD quite severely warned the players at the TV table to be very careful of our language, on account of there would be thousands of people watching, including women and kids, and he didn`t want any complaints. Had the effect of putting people off bantering much.

At one point, a player did let slip the "F" word and I said, "Got to watch that, mate. A hundred grannies just fainted out there." :D

I heard nothing, literally nothing except the 2 announcers. While the TD may have warned you, I think the table mics were not active. Without seeing the gal announcer, she reminded me of Sarah Underwood on G4. Pure fantasy, and way small for me, but sexy none the less.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard nothing, literally nothing except the 2 announcers. While the TD may have warned you, I think the table mics were not active.
None of us knew that. That`s good - it means nobody heard my bad jokes and I can use them again another day. :D

Without seeing the gal announcer, she reminded me of Sarah Underwood on G4. Pure fantasy, and way small for me, but sexy none the less.
She was pleasing to the eye in person.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we want more egon towst adventures!

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing in the next leg of the Superstack Series on October 28/29th. That looks like being my next adventure. I`ll make a thread if I have anything worth reporting. :)

I am also playing online qualifiers for other upcoming live events, but going through a patch of bad variance currently. You`d hardly credit how many times lately I have come third or fourth in a satellite that awarded two seats. :(

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update: last night I won an online satellite for the Oneway Deepstack Event on the 12th/13th November in Northampton. So, that`s potentially another adventure. :)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update: last night I won an online satellite for the Oneway Deepstack Event on the 12th/13th November in Northampton. So, that`s potentially another adventure. :)

congrats ET. any details about the event you qualified for, or a link?

Organize a Home Poker Game