Are tournaments with up to 4 hours of Late Registration Worth it?

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really have to pick a range of games you are comfortable with.

I love playing the late registration games. I will look at the blinds vs the stack size and pick a spot that I'm comfortable playing at. No, I'm not buying in at the end with 5 bb, but I'm quite comfortable playing with 20bb against larger stacks.

You could easily find tournaments where you find yourself in the money in under an hour because as the entrants increases so does the place payout.

Something to think about, not sure how anyone decides to sit through 4 hours of rebuys.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
4 hours? That's too much, I think. If someone really want to join after 4 hours, he should pay for it to be fair, I think.

They do 'pay for it'..... they start with few bb's putting themselves at a disadvantage vs. those starting earlier.

Personally I hate the 4HR & 5HR late reg. tourneys on ACR. The size of the guaranteed prizepool make it tempting but seriously.... playing for 4 or 5hrs. and not even being in the money at this point is way too long for me. I honestly think that network would do much better if they were to advertise a series that had a max. of 1HR late reg., & 2 re-entries.... for all of the tournaments in the Lobby. I know I'd play a ton of them (I LOVE playing vs. players from the USA especially).

:icon_sant

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really have to pick a range of games you are comfortable with.

I love playing the late registration games. I will look at the blinds vs the stack size and pick a spot that I'm comfortable playing at. No, I'm not buying in at the end with 5 bb, but I'm quite comfortable playing with 20bb against larger stacks.

You could easily find tournaments where you find yourself in the money in under an hour because as the entrants increases so does the place payout.

Something to think about, not sure how anyone decides to sit through 4 hours of rebuys.
Here is what I do with even 2 hours late reg, I wait until I have 30BB then I register. Once I have a decent hand in position, or a premium hand whichever position I jam. I wont be wasting my time nor the poker's client time. Thats how I roll.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is what I do with even 2 hours late reg, I wait until I have 30BB then I register. Once I have a decent hand in position, or a premium hand whichever position I jam. I wont be wasting my time nor the poker's client time. Thats how I roll.

100%

You buy in, put your money in good, and either go deep or bust out. No sitting around for hours for a min-cash.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All big tournaments are worth playing

norwoox

norwoox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This time is very pressing on me. You seem to be playing, doing something, but people don't leave and the bubble doesn't come close. Complicated. But in any case, if you are lucky and you played well, at the end of late registration you will have a good stack and you can push them.

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Hello. I believe that tournaments with a minimum bain for example 1 -2 dollars are not worth it. For example, on ggpoker there are bounty hunter tournaments, the late registration of which is more than 2 hours, if of course you live to see the final, then the tournament lasts about 7 hours. Tournaments with a minimum buy-in in my humble opinion not worth it. But tournaments of this type with bains from 5 and above are worth the time and nerves spent. Lol.:)

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Hello. I believe that tournaments with a minimum bain for example 1 -2 dollars are not worth it. For example, on ggpoker there are bounty hunter tournaments, the late registration of which is more than 2 hours, if of course you live to see the final, then the tournament lasts about 7 hours. Tournaments with a minimum buy-in in my humble opinion not worth it. But tournaments of this type with bains from 5 and above are worth the time and nerves spent. Lol.:)

It's a tough one, 1-2 dollar tournaments are misleading. They have to keep a long late registration to make a 2k guarantee. People see the big numbers and low buy in but because the quality of play is low the variance is high. Usually you have to rebuy. I've personally never made it to even cash from the beginning of one of these. 4 hours of donkeys catches up with everyone. Such a better game joining late with a lot of the field slimmed down.

O

oigario

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there should be a progressive amount charge for the same value of chips for late registration or reentry for that matter.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The later you join in the game the faster your chips get eaten up with the bigger blinds. Unless you happen to be lucky enough to win a few hands as soon as you get in that's the only way you are going to make it to the money rounds.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to enter a tournament just before the end LR
its safer for your bankroll!! with attention blinds!!!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament is KO, then you can play from the beginning, but you can play a regular tournament and such a cheap one only if you have 10 tables +. Such tournaments can also be regarded as a training of patience and perseverance, since in expensive tournaments, late registration takes 24 hours. And poker is a game of curious and diligent)

I'm looking at a $2 + $0.20 tournament that is $2k gtd. It has four hours of late registration.

Is it worth it try to enter one of these? That is a long time to hold off against players re entering. It's double most tournaments. Usually its about 2 hours of LR I believe.

If you were to enter, do you want to be there from the start or come in right as late registration ends? More chips versus being a lot closer to ITM from the start.

Worth it? Yes No?
Enter early or Enter late?

I

ivis68

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it doesn't suit me too long tournament