Tournaments for under a dollar

Julthefreak

Julthefreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys! I wanted to ask you about your experience of poker tournaments (on the PC) for under a dollar. As I'm currently a student, I can't afford buy-in tournaments that are more expensive than a few dollars (haven't played one yet) but I would like to try winning real money. Is it a waste of money to play such tournaments because there are often a lot of participants in such tournaments and the chance of winning is lower as a result?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a waste of money, but if your goal is money it may be a waste of time as you will spend a lot of hours to likely min cash, if youre lucky.

If your goal is to get familiar with poker then its a decent cheap way to do it.

It is impossible to learn bluffing strategies at any level below the $5 buy in and its questionable if the majority of the pool will respect your bluffs at even the $5 level.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would argue that larger field events these are not the most efficient way to develop as a poker player, as smaller sit and go's will introduce less variance, so you will be able to extrapolate results from smaller sample size, and learn to adjust your play.
Also, you wont end up spending 4 hours in a tournament just to burst on the bubble, which is always quite depressing when it happens.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You´re young. Therefore, you can save money to challenge to take part in bigger tourneries.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can already imagine hahahaha pure sharks in a small fishbowl for newbies hahaha for a dollar

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
to start are fish-filled tournaments if you make a good gameyou'll be inside the money also serve to prepare you before leveling up everything will be within your game strategy

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there are options, it is always good, everyone plays what they want or can, not everyone has the possibility of playing for large amounts:)

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's a way to get experence with out losing your shirt. Once your
comfortable with the game format you can play at bigger money games.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any tournaments $1 and under can be excellent place to start when you don’t have much cash. While you may not may get a ton of money, you will gain patience and knowledge. Build up your bankroll and experience then slowly play higher and higher buy-ins when you and your bankroll are ready.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Instead to play that kind of mtts with thousands players better to put away some savings and try a bigger buy in

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betonline has several,and there a free for all.Go allin and then rebuy.Really gets on your nerves.Very wild

W

wulfeman007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys! I wanted to ask you about your experience of poker tournaments (on the PC) for under a dollar. As I'm currently a student, I can't afford buy-in tournaments that are more expensive than a few dollars (haven't played one yet) but I would like to try winning real money. Is it a waste of money to play such tournaments because there are often a lot of participants in such tournaments and the chance of winning is lower as a result?

play them and win ur way up ..profit is small but so is ur costs.
if you can bink a couple games then you have a bankroll to move up in game s
pokerstars has a bunch also ggpoker .if ur ROW then you have many sites to dabble on

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betonline has several,and there a free for all.Go allin and then rebuy.Really gets on your nerves.Very wild

Haha I always do this, can you win enough in the end!

W

wulfeman007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha I always do this, can you win enough in the end!

it depends on ur objective ..small stakes can end up if you win em i won $200 off 1 freeroll 2 weeks ago ..small stakes lead to bigger stakes ..if you can win them.. it says the OP is on poker stars so it has plenty small stake games also he can do ..and ggpoker also .
i gotta move ..the virus got me blocked in ..was leaving in the summer and the world crashed ..now its waiting time

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate playing tournaments under $ 3
it is better to play SNG while there is no bankroll on MTT 5-11 $

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
POKER STRAGEGY 101 - DON'T LOSE ANY MONEY.

The best way not to lose at online poker is to have:

1. database tracking software (Poker HUD)
2. play freerolls get you bank roll and try from there.....
3. Repeat 1 and 2 = you are successful at playing online poker.:rolleyes:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I really enjoy the small stakes sit and go's at the moment I play the $1 buy in and do well off them. I have increased my bankroll by 50% over the last few months due to the pandemic and the lockdown, and look forward to increasing my stakes to $3 sit and go's in the next few weeks, but you have to remember to stick to a simple rule of not buying in to too many games above 1% of your total bankroll, sure I will try the odd $5.50 game when there is a half price Sunday event on but generally I stick to the rule and will not increase my stakes until I feel comfortable doing so.

Good luck at the tables and remember-
Gamble Responsibly and when the Fun Stops, STOP!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The best way not to lose at online poker is to have:

1. database tracking software (Poker HUD)
2. play freerolls get you bank roll and try from there.....
3. Repeat 1 and 2 = you are successful at playing online poker.:rolleyes:

I love this idea and stick to it religiously, the only difference is in small stakes and free-rolls I never use a HUD.
But I have never deposited my money in any site either, all my bankrolls come from free-rolls

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea. Play more poker, learn the game, maybe win some creating a bankroll.

If you win big with a buck, only play another dollar tournament.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not so good to study, and it's a fact that it's time consuming because of the large number of people, but it's good for fun.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ACR

Good afternoon everyone, once I read that it is important for you to play on different poker sites, the ACR, has $ 0.27 Mtts that pays for the 1st place over $ 80.00, it is very good to increase your bankroll and if you are starting out in poker it is very good to gain experience, 12min blins and 10,000 starting chips, with 200bb.
I went to play one of these Mtts and ended up in 1st place with 826 players and won $ 85.00.

Attachments

• cl na ft depois de 8 horas.jpg
    cl na ft depois de 8 horas.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 64
  • cravei o ACR   02  10  2020.jpg
    cravei o ACR 02 10 2020.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 63
  • cravei o ACR   02  10  2020     AJ  x  T9.jpg
    cravei o ACR 02 10 2020 AJ x T9.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 63
Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No its not a waste of money. There are free rolls that have a prize pool of thousands of $ and you can only get into the money by playing well enough. To actually win requires skill, luck and experience. Those "under a dollar" games should be satellites to bigger games and many of them that are advertised are well worth the time invested. Learn Omaha as well and find a site that works for you. If you see me at the same table, say hi.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Qualify for our private freerolls so you can boost your bankroll. Meanwhile it is okay to start off with tournaments that are less than $1.