caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Make sure you become a vip on Cardschat. There ate freerolls every day on about 8 sites.
I built up my bankroll from zero to over 2 thousand from freerolls, and then playing with the profits on those sites in small games to keep growing. you can spend a small amount and satellite into events that are 30k ann up to a million.
Stuudy a lot. If you havent allready take the 30 day free course on CC.
Also the sites that have cc frerrolls also have their own freerolls. You can play every day for hours and hours for free.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A lot of time spent with not much of a reward.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of time spent with not much of a reward.

I would kindly agree and disagree.

I spent over 15 years playing poker online starting at poker stars and full tilt poker playing alot of free roll tournaments and playing at the start of the tournament or close to the start.

Yes I won some money in micro tournaments and free rolls and it was good training, but here is the problem.

I did this for over 15 years with no financial gain in the end.

Then 8 days before Halloween (With .08 cents left in my bankroll) is when I figured out my late registration system there was no turning back as I looked back at what Poker Pro Chris Jesus Ferguson did at Full Tilt Poker starting cash games at .01/.02 and then leveled up to the next level of buy in when he felt his bankroll could afford each hand for example possibly X 30 times the big blind or in my case X 30 times the buy in for the tournament.

Chris Ferguson continued to level up in cash games and made his goal of $10,000.

I understand he is a poker pro and I was told he was a poker dealer at one point in his life,
but to me he has shown me it is possible to me grinding away building a bankroll in micro tournaments using my late registration system and my bankroll is just under $144.00 and I originally deposited $40.00 with now over $100.00 profit!

As Mike Caro in one of his books says "Treat your poker and poker bankroll as a business.".

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys! I wanted to ask you about your experience of poker tournaments (on the PC) for under a dollar. As I'm currently a student, I can't afford buy-in tournaments that are more expensive than a few dollars (haven't played one yet) but I would like to try winning real money. Is it a waste of money to play such tournaments because there are often a lot of participants in such tournaments and the chance of winning is lower as a result?
Don't play too many hands in early position The first thing I realized was that you shouldn't play too many hands from early position in these low-cost tournaments. These players like to call raises and float on the flop with lots of weak pairs and backdoors. Few hands are suitable for continuation betting or barreling out of position in a multi pot, and in these tournaments you will often find yourself in this situation.In the early stages of a tournament, you want to play hands that are speculative enough to win a stack or occasionally bluff cheaply. Because it's much harder to do this out of position, many of these hands should be folded when you're one of the first to act preflop.