Chips
I play like this very often

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys! I wanted to ask you about your experience of poker tournaments (on the PC) for under a dollar. As I'm currently a student, I can't afford buy-in tournaments that are more expensive than a few dollars (haven't played one yet) but I would like to try winning real money. Is it a waste of money to play such tournaments because there are often a lot of participants in such tournaments and the chance of winning is lower as a result?
Hello to all fans of poker and intellectual games! Yes, bro! There are a lot of games in different frames for less than a dollar. What is your path? For example, there is a cache, there are tournaments, etc. If you try tournaments with freeroll tournaments, when you become more confident, switch to microlimits.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to play the micro mtts- I would look at some things like:
1. Is the rake high?- You dont want to pay 20% rake.
2. Is there overlay? - Some of these can offer very compelling opportunities.
3. Can the tourney offer a good enough return? Is it worth your time for what you can win.
4. Are there any other incentives to play them? Things like rake races, sng leader boards, and "misssions" can make the micros more valuable.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are "RakeTheRake" tournaments for 1 cent. I play them, earn a penny, of course. But with a very small bankroll, there are not many other options. Basic from $1.10

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low Stakes

Hey guys! I wanted to ask you about your experience of poker tournaments (on the PC) for under a dollar. As I'm currently a student, I can't afford buy-in tournaments that are more expensive than a few dollars (haven't played one yet) but I would like to try winning real money. Is it a waste of money to play such tournaments because there are often a lot of participants in such tournaments and the chance of winning is lower as a result?
Playing Low stake tourneys is a good way to start out and get used to this thing we call Variance, which is basically the worst hand at the start wins...Playing freerolls can get you a small bankroll if you are lucky and don't play crazy, remember in free rolls a lot of players don't care if they lose so they play wild. If you play pokerstars there are a number of SitNGos costing less than $1 however be aware of the type of tourney, i.e. KO? also compare the possible prize$ to your entry, in most cases if there are 45 max players 7 get paid, which isn't too bad...good Luck:):):)

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
like you said, it's like freerolls
too many players that don't care and rebuy many times
so I'll pass,it's not for me

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a bunch of satelites on partypoker, starting from 1c... for 0,22 you can qualifiy to 750 or 1500 usd tourney(Jab, deuce, double deuce...)with 55c you advance to 4-7k tourney (headhunter, Classico...)..they are fast but not as on GGPoker... on PokerStars , there is not that much low buy in tourneys.... yes on weekends but....
on ps there is twice a day 25 seaters for 55 cents... for daily bigs
GL

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
play freerolls and try to be in the money
from there play bigger tournaments

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've been playing micro-tourneys and cash games recently, and I've found it to be a very good way of building up my experience. Between the two, I'm not really massively better off in terms of actual bankroll compared to what I started with (up a grand total of £2) but the learnings I've garnered from playing these levels (more so from the cash games than tourneys at this level) are worth even more than the £2 made.

As other people have mentioned, make sure you're playing to your budget and try and see if you can build a bit of bankroll from some freerolls and go from there. Accept that at this level, even if you lose a couple of $/£/€, if you treat the games as a learning experience the knowledge you gain from playing the games is worth 5x more than the loss you've incurred.

P

Plumbum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A good opportunity to hone your technique

C

Charles Nunes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also on this path. As I'm learning and I don't want to make deposits, I'm trying with the prizes I win in the freerolls to raise money to play with higher registrations.
Good luck to everyone

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not a waste surely however you'll need more luck than skills. Also try to play cards, don't bluff much because crazy dudes doesn't care if you did 4-bet from early position. They will keep call their middle pair till death so if you miss the board and see your c-bet on flop get called, just give up :D

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to build experience and also play for micro tourneys just go for a satellite for 55c that gives you a place on higher payouts like $11 buy-in tournaments, you can build confidence and maybe playing better you will score those for a reasonable price. I do that often and daily I get one of those satellites easily.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

It's no different for playing with less than a dollar or more, and I think it's good to participate in tournaments with lot of players, because the prize pool will definitely be big, in addition to the opportunity to enter the winning seats and get your money back .
In addition, you should use the bankroll rules, the link below will help you understand some important rules.
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While the smaller buy in game can be a bit wild after a few levels the game become much closer to normal. I think many players miss out on the value of these games thinking there a waste of time but there not. If you just want to learn the game or just happy playing at the micros there is nothing wrong to playing them and they can be fun and profitable.

Bacarino01

Bacarino01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mirco is more like a freeroll just to practice

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Any tournament for $1 or less can be a great place to start when you don't have a lot of cash. While you may not get much money, you will gain patience and knowledge.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The very first tournament I played online was a $1 tournament with ~ 1,000 entrants.
I placed 2nd for $114.00
15years later and I've never been able to repeat this (lol... jk).

Micro tournaments are going to be the softest games you'll find anywhere, even softer than the 1cent/2cent cash game tables. It's a great opportunity to learn the game.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The very first tournament I played online was a $1 tournament with ~ 1,000 entrants.
I placed 2nd for $114.00

Micro tournaments are going to be the softest games you'll find anywhere, even softer than the 1cent/2cent cash game tables. It's a great opportunity to learn the game.

My best ever performance numbers-wise was a $200 freeroll on The Gaming Club. I came first of 1725 runners winning $56. Apart from that I think I won a $1 with something like 320 runners.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I placed 2nd for $114.00

Freerollin the way up to the Nosebleeds!

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be prepared for not much folding happening

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! I can advise you on s&g tournaments. When I learned to play only there and played. I'm still learning! But now I only play freerolls. Because I spent a lot! Now I'm trying to return and gain a bankroll without investments.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
torneos de menos de un dolar

Hello, I think that to begin with it is good to exercise your hands. Before, in pokerstars there were tournaments for .10 c and that is where I started to play and I learned a lot

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
play sng's on pokerstars theres 25c and 50c to choose from, lots of fishes in the ocean