whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like to play both. But it also depends on the time, that I have. For building up bankroll, I guess, the SNG are more safe and you have a wider choice for your buy-in. At MTTs you are more limited about you buy-in. But freerolling in MTTs is always a nice opportunity to pick up some bucks.
=^..^=

A

AE_140615

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Sit and Go and also Tournaments, I dont like tournaments when there is the option to Re buy entries because a lot of players go all with anything just to double up their chips, and they do it a lot of times

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these tournaments are excellent when you start to build your bankroll are also limited players, very good, I love them

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournaments are much better, because the game is more measured and more thoughtful

Samsonate

Samsonate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I prefer SnG too, because already before the tournament starts you know the right prize structure, and usually they don't last so lang as MTT's...

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool:i have playing both in the last month, but for the time i prefer mtt more than sit & go.. if you like be a good poker player have to stand more than 3 hours per day in from of a pc gamer:cool:

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
MTTs are bigger and take more time to finish, but also more profitable. A lot of good regs have roi around 100% at low to mid stakes. Now those ROIs are impossible to get at sng tournaments, but you can play more of them. At one table sng tournament 10% Roi would be considered as fantastic, not even sure if it is achievable, but if you can play 50 of them in one day, you can earn a lot. Variance at sng tournaments is also lower, if you are good player, pretty muh every day you will be earning something. But in tournaments variance is crazy, you can have several losing months before you score big and make profit. All in all, sng-s are constant and relentless grinding, MTTs are focusing and playing your best when it matters.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer knockout tournaments, there is a lot of action and fun

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
SNG tournaments are faster tournaments and are meant for those who do not like to sp

SNG tournaments are faster tournaments and are meant for those who do not like to spend a lot of time on the game. On average, the SNG tournament lasts an hour, a maximum of two hours, while the MTT tournament can be spent the whole day. It is very offensive when you spend a whole day playing the game, and as a result you lose before the final table. But in MTT tournaments much higher prizes. If you still manage to get to the final table, then the prize will please you very much. Many players generally prefer only the cache. You need to choose exactly the kind of poker that is right for you.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked both for different reasons.
I like the SNG's because of the standard playing time. Sure some take longer, but as a rule they really don't and the amount you can get back is good for the investment of time and money.
It is also good to practice your final table approach at some level, if that is you are playing a single table tourney.
If I know I am not going to be stressed for time, I will play a bigger tourney. I did play if I had the time or not, but my play was not right I feel. I was too worried about running out of time, tourneys will last as long as they last. Bigger ones of course most times take longer.

S

seve13061984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think both is good , and sng help u to understand the play for late tournament strategy like Icm, bubble play etc

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played MTT and I really enjoy them but you have to have the time to invest. You don't want to get near the money and find you have to rush out for an appointment. I might try a Sit and Go. I guess it is a lot quicker.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both a lot both they're very different types of games and have their own fair amount of pros and cons, but I do wanna throw a shout out to betonline's 1-up SnG. It's a pretty fun fast paced 8 player SnG that pays double the buy-in to the top 4, and I've had a ton of luck in it lately earning about $12 from just the $.55 and $1.10 buy-in ones. So if you're looking for a game type I'd highly recommend that one for ya.

Tihiy2017

Tihiy2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For a long time I do not play. Basically, the game cache, sometimes tournaments.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sngs tend to have more of an ICM focus, and they are much shorter so its easier to mass table.

T

Tittan84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Regularity .

I noticed one regularity if I win by means of a bluff that to me will surely distribute a super setup.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both,but like much more tournaments

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no big difference between tournament and s&g , so I don't mind , it doesn't really matter for me

This isn't true. The variance is significantly much higher.

I like MTT's the final table is always exciting and when you finish first there is no better feeling in the world.

I really can't get well with cash games inspite of understanding its high profitability. I always get unlucky and bad beated even following all suggestions. Sometimes I get tilted after a badbeat so I prefer Tourneys or Sit&Go tourneys for max 45 persons cause I can pull myself together before a tourney and get down to business from a fresh start;) Any advices on how to face this cash loosing series?:confused:

Cash games are already predatory and negative EV enough I like MTT's.

Last edited by a moderator: