Tournaments with addons

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not, because the min amount you wil win is what the add on is. Usually if you have 8BB, you will lose the money you spent on the add on.
True, if you only aim to min cash, then it isn't worth it. If you play to win and take top 3 spots, then it's worth it.

If you have 8 BBs and 20, you now have 28 BBs. That puts you in a much better spot to finish better than 8 BBs. If you double up, that's 56+ BBs vs 16+ BBs.

Again, it depends on your MTT goal.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, if I'm in a tournament with rebuys I do it at the beginning, for me it's no use doing a rebuy after losing all your chips when the tournament already has high BB for the stack you will receive and the addons depending on my chance in the tournament, that is to say if I consider it profitable because I have managed to accumulate a good stack of chips I do, if I do not prefer to play to see if I can do something without spending more than the initial buy-in.

Greetings

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually see this in the qualifying satellites
. on my site there is another 8 max)) and it becomes very funny when everyone has 10,000, and some crank at the very beginning is sitting with 20,000 and does not know what to do)))

In general, it is normal, because you can re-buy many times and then get to the final table. This is also a kind of strategy.

Last edited:
ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , I don't like rebuy/addon tourneys either, but I still play them as there aren't always a lot of games on offer , I mainly play the freeroll ones and from the beginning if possible, I don't ever rebuy or addon , I understand the advantage perceived or otherwise for other players to do that while I don't , however I simply loosen up my range a bit and play a bit better, more agrv when trapping and barrelling , basically same as normal with bigger bet sizing to make rivals pay, I have quite a high itm rate iin these , at least 50% or higher , never measured lol .
it's still poker so I just have to do better vs rebuy rivals,

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for a small bankroll, this is very bad if the game itself is not at a good level.
and with a big bankroll, it's better to play something serious according to the bankroll management

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to always take the add on, but I realized it only made a difference about 10% of the time or less.

Now I rarely take an add on unless it offers significantly more chips that the original buy in awarded.