Tournaments

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When at the final table, I usually make coffee, smoking and listen to music so I can relax again playing, and a little exercise.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can't stay focused for 6-8 Hours, try the 45man SNGs regular or Turbo. should be finished within 2-3 Hours ;)
I usally don't have any Problems staying focused even if the Tournament takes 6-7 Hours. just drink a lot, listen to some Music and Play your game

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a game out of narrowing the ranges of players in the pot. Write it down keep track.

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The essence of the competition is that it needs mental endurance. It is almost impossible to get to a final table in several 1000 races and achieve podium results. That's why I recommend Sit & Go tournaments.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to block outside noise out by meditation. It’s very difficult to do but once achieved you’ll have the patience to withstand any distractions at the table

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does one stay focused in an online tournament?

With a normal blind structure, some of these tournaments can last for 8 hours or more. The total number of entrants could be in the thousands. There are so many distractions when playing from home compared to live play. I have found that by the time that I get to the final table, my mind is putty, and not nearly as sharp as when first starting the tournament. This poses a problem, since the final table has the best players, and survival means real dollars.

Any advice?

Focus on the final stretch, no distractions, no social media, only you and the game.In the beginning you can afford to play a little more on autopilot but in the final stretch never.