Tournament value

I

imnogood

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
Am I the only one lately that's getting tired of people just looking for fast chip grabs early in tournaments? I know I know that's the point, but im talking about people shoving with 35off with 20 big blinds with the hope of hitting. One of these players wouldn't be so bad, but when you have 3 or more sitting at your table it's so annoying, and not conducive to bettering my game and makes the first couple rounds a crap shoot rather then real poker!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Am I the only one lately that's getting tired of people just looking for fast chip grabs early in tournaments? I know I know that's the point, but im talking about people shoving with 35off with 20 big blinds with the hope of hitting. One of these players wouldn't be so bad, but when you have 3 or more sitting at your table it's so annoying, and not conducive to bettering my game and makes the first couple rounds a crap shoot rather then real poker!
Move up to where they respect your raises.:rolleyes:

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I feel you. Those freerolls (not Cardschat ones) are very painful to play.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it's so annoying, and not conducive to bettering my game and makes the first couple rounds a crap shoot rather then real poker!
Work on making necessary adjustments vs. all the players. Exploit them the best you can.

Try to build up to playing more than one table (or as many as you can play comfortably). This will have the bad beats (& crazy play) affect you less.

As you move up in stakes, you'll be wishing for the complete opposite of now. You'll hope for more bad players.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is the game of mind and partly of lottery.
I think in such ways it's not bad to call big raise if you have good cards. If the cards are not good i just wait. This is the sence of poker in my opinion.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does the action take place at micro-stakes? there are such players and thanks to them, without low poker would not be the same game, you just need to play the distance

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such a game is the only way to win at least something for players who do not know how to play at all. They always have been and will be, and getting tired of it is a bad idea.:)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree, it is very annoying, but this is seen more in freerolls and in some tournaments where the buy-in is very low, it is very, very rare to see it in tournaments where the buy-in is a little higher, no, in freerolls many They don't care much because they are only investing time and not their money. I think that players are more aware and careful when we play tournaments for money.

T

Tidu84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way of poker is you must play from low to high, no matter who you are. It's very difficult to almost players. On your way, there are many things that you have to faced. If you step out of that way, only luck could help you.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can understand your frustration, but you get those type of players in most poker games, even in Live Tournaments that have Rebuys. Freerolls are a hotspot for them because they are not risking any of their own money, but you do get them in some Tournaments when the buy-in is low and it all boils down to how much money you are willing to throw away.
For some players £5 is a lot of money to lose, but for others £50 is Peanuts, so it all becomes relative to how much money you have and how long it takes to earn that money back.
Also there are some who do not have the fortitude to sit for hours playing a game, What they fail to realise is that some do and the ones that can devote so much time to a game are usually the ones that come out on top.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Agree. This is not poker, but a lottery. The only good thing is that this mostly happens in freerolls. The recipe is simple: we increase the limit and get more adequate opponents.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will always meet players like this especially in low buying tournaments, I am talking about tournaments from $1 to $5
some people say to themselves, in this type of tournament, it doesn't matter I can re-register.

If your bankroll allows it, you must go for tournaments of $11 and more, or for sat and freerolls where the targeted tournaments have a bying higher than $11. I guarantee you will meet serious players.

On the other hand if you want to compete against those players who raise with whatever and who perhaps do not know the concept of RANGE, you have to be patient, take notes to identify them and play more of the 3 bets with Premiums than ALL IN

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, when there are 20 or fewer big blinds left, then going all in is a plus strategy. it's another thing when they do this at the very beginning when there are 100 big blinds. well, in that case, just throw off your hand and play on, if you have a strong hand, then call and punish fish. and if you're rolling freerolls, there's nothing to worry about, you're not risking anything at all.