FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I like slow tournaments better. Because when I play one, I make time for it. And since I have time I'd better play more.
I don't say I don't play turbos, I even play hypers very often and it feels easy since it's mostly shove or fold.
Gl at the tables

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Hey, everyone!

Which tournament speed do you prefer? regular, turbo or hyper?

I would say regular it's my favorite. I link to think that with more time in the blinds it's usually more time for me to make good plays and survive deep in the tournament. Other speed formats makes me feel I'm running agaisn't time, all the time.

Which it's your favorite speed format? and why?
Deep stack, and highest blind possible :D And you relax, sip coffee and enjoy the game

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular speed is fine, when you have nothing else to do for the next 5-8 hours, AND when you are rested enough, that you wont get tired within that time frame. When that is not the case, turbos and hyperturbos can allow you to still play some tournaments :)

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Regular speed. At least 10 min blinds. Hyper turbo is pure luck I think.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually the fast tournaments are the ones I choose, because they don't last too much time, and they are more exciting.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey, everyone!

I would say regular it's my favorite. I link to think that with more time in the blinds it's usually more time for me to make good plays and survive deep in the tournament. Other speed formats makes me feel I'm running agaisn't time, all the time.

For the freerolls Turbo/Hyper is fine but for paid tourney I would say a bit slower so regular speed - definitely allows you to make better decisions. Although sometimes you can over-think it and change your mind and make the wrong decision - that sucks ahahahah!

Viz

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey, everyone!

Hi.
I also prefer regular tournaments. I rarely play turbo tournaments, and I only participate in hyper tournaments when they are freerolls :)
In my opinion, regular tournaments allow you to rely more on your own skills and experience and less on luck.
Good luck.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Medium speed however i use to like also slow speed but not playing them many times. Turbo is too ramdomly for me.

tippu

tippu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hyper or turbo for longer tournments

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker speed has its pros and cons, but i still prefer regular ones... also deep stack, like most of here said. I studied a lot of cash game, so my edge is on pos flop. But on tournaments with fast speed, its more about pre flop and ICM, just on lowly lvls you can somewhat have decent stack for post flop strategies

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also prefere regular, specially because is easier to play different tournaments simutaneously.

M

matsch0711

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on my schedule but regular one are the most profitable ones for me. The "slower" the structure the better for my ROI. At least it seems like that. But I have no real big sample of turbo/hyper tourneys.
The tendency makes sense to me. You have simply more time to pick your spots and play deeper for a longer time in regular speed tourneys

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer regular play, it gives you more time to make a dission .

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends on the time that I can invest . If I have no time , I prefer a sng that would end in 2 hours . A hyper is a good decision if you are going to play not for a long time . It all depends . For freerolls I think it's not good to have to play 10min blinds , it really sucks. Only if you play other games at the same time it worths the time invested .

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Don't like to play <ess than 8 minutes blinds.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I prefer a regular tournament structure.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the best tournaments are the regular ones that have the longest time to come good hands, you just have to be patient and play calmly.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
doesn't matter as long as you start deep enough to mbe able to hang around long enough to catch some hands.
I used to prefer the slower games because I got the feelinbg I was getting my money's worth. But realistically, I want to play through a game as fast as possible. I want to play more speculative hands when its really cheap to do so and the rewards can be so much better.
If it takes one hour to finish, say, a single table SNG, why wouldn't you want a speed which results in a 30-45 min game instead. Same mmoney in winnings...just less wasted time. End result, you can earn nmore per hour on games which finish more quickly. (assuming you can play them with +EV).

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's better to have a 5-10 minute level in MTT than to play hyper-turbo all-in for four

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically mix regular and deepstack turbos with more regular games where possible. I like the deepstack turbo format as you have a lot more play in the early stages, but have a quick game format in the later stages which means you aren't grinding for 9+ hours to win. Live I'll only play slow or regular formats if I can help it as the live turbos sometimes only see 5-6 hands a level if play is slow.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like the turbos better.
I can play more tournaments and they finish faster.
But besides the speed, what bothers me the most is the very long LR.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Everyone! I more prefer the turbo and zoom tournaments. And also the tournaments with rebuys and add-on.