duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey, everyone!

Which tournament speed do you prefer? regular, turbo or hyper?

I would say regular it's my favorite. I link to think that with more time in the blinds it's usually more time for me to make good plays and survive deep in the tournament. Other speed formats makes me feel I'm running agaisn't time, all the time.

Which it's your favorite speed format? and why?

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree. Regular for me. Gives me time to think and evaluate what's going on.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regular, no doubt, deepstacks preferred, unfortunately not found in micro stacks.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I think ideal blind level is 8min in a tournament

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If the reward is important, I prefer regular, if the reward is low or in small quantities, I prefer something faster.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the reward is important, I prefer regular, if the reward is low or in small quantities, I prefer something faster.
I agree with you! If the reward is big you have to be cautious with your decisions, but in small rewards I prefer the fastest as possible, because some people play multi tables, and they make you lose your time while they're playing on there tables!

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey, everyone!

I would say regular it's my favorite. I link to think that with more time in the blinds it's usually more time for me to make good plays and survive deep in the tournament. Other speed formats makes me feel I'm running agaisn't time, all the time.

I also prefer the regular one, more control of the actions I do during the game, but there are times that I prefer hyper, especially when I'm playing at pokerstars

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regular aways, but i didnt play Slow yet,so only Lord knows XD

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Turbo is very cool for me , but i do like slow as well .

AD_all

AD_all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Online I enjoy hyper. IRL MTT's should be as deep and slow as possible

psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey, everyone!

I used to prefer regular, but with turbo tou can play more mtts.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The faster the game the better it is.

~ 2 hours is always better timeframe for any poker game rather than 3-4 hours ...

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Hey, everyone!

I also like regular competitions. On the other hand, there are usually turbo tournaments on Pokerstars. I can bear it, but it is very difficult to think...who has what card, is it worth taking a risk? But I'm used to it.

Tredibaff

Tredibaff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just regular. It gives more time to wait for a good hands and it's not like that turbo hyper speed were you have to call with bad hands at some point as you can't be sure you'll get any better hand before your chips run out for quickly rising blinds...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
my favorite game format is hyper-turbo or turbo, there players play a lot more hands and try to play poker instead of sitting for 8 hours just sitting at the computer slow modes are boring I like going into the hand every time:)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
without any doubt regular... tournaments where the blinds change every 10...12 minutes give time to play good poker...

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Regular. Hyper is more like a lottery.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
And prefer regular tournaments!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
considering that now there are constant blackouts in the country due to the country of the terrorist, it is optimal to play turbo, hyper turbo

R

RAGNARKZ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi everyone, I prefer super turbo

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a fan of normal or slow tournaments with blinds of 15 to 10 min, I used to play SNG tournaments of that speed in PS, because it allows you to analyze the play better, know more about your rivals and make correct decisions, now unfortunately they are scarce and the SNG turbos are more achieved and I had to experiment a little with that type of game.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the hyper and turbo tournaments. I don't have the stamina to participate in some long drawn-out 6 hour or longer tournament, where everyone is just sitting on their hands waiting for premium hands. You still have to make the correct decisions and basic poker strategies still apply. I disagree that "it's just a lottery."

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The regular ones, I play the others but the strategies are different so I prefer to study them and then play them.