Tournament poker

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you consider it necessary to impose a poker limit on players who register for the tournament and are absent during the tournament I think it would be good to limit them to 10 hands If they don’t play 10 hands they should be kicked out of the chips handed out to everyone at the table

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some online sites do eliminate players who have not played for a certain amount of time. I have never seen it happen in live poker. Oddly enough, I have seen players buy into a live game and not show up to the table until well into the game. I thought it was a Very odd thing to do. But they just blinded him down until he showed up.

Personally, I do not mind players sitting out. I just think they should not be able to win a hand (as it is in live poker).

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No reason at all to kick out sitting players. Their chips automatically get spread out, one less jackass likely to call (or 4bet) your 3 bet with 7,4 off and no dithering around waiting for a decision, just auto folds. Sitting out players are a dream come true for me. I ****ing love them.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really doesn’t bother me as all they are doing is losing chips

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's necessary. There are blinds about this.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not have any problem with players who are absent, but I do not think that what you propose is a good thing and I say it because there can be many factors why a person can be absent in a tournament: problems with: the internet, computer or any device with which you are going to play, there may be no electricity in your area to be able to play from the pc (in Venezuela that is something that can happen a lot), my point is I think it would bother me if they would take me out of a tournament if I presented Any inconvenience and much more if I have paid to be able to play the tournament, and I imagine that you would not like to be removed from a tournament under those conditions, imagine that you registered in a tournament and precisely your internet fails and there is no way to That you can connect to play just when the tournament started, and they take you out of the tournament due to inactivity and you just managed to have internet and now you can enter to play, but you are gone, how would you feel?

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i agree they should be kicked out if they mii a certain amount of hands in a row

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you consider it necessary to impose a poker limit on players who register for the tournament and are absent during the tournament I think it would be good to limit them to 10 hands If they don’t play 10 hands they should be kicked out of the chips handed out to everyone at the table
I think that the system that is at the moment is perfect. Look, a person contributed his money to the game, the tournament began and then something suddenly happened. Someone called, came, the delivery arrived and all that. He can simply sleep on the floor hours in the low blinds, gathering information at the table online. so it’s just unfair to remove him from the game. he loses the advantage and it’s his choice. for the rest it’s just a plus

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Strange offer. I see no reason to make such changes. Players may be absent from the table for a variety of reasons, and given that they have made a buy-in, I believe they have the right to continue the game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fail to see the problem. There is no rule against folding every hand preflop, and someone sitting out dont even take time doing it. It happens from time to time, that I pay to enter a tournament and is unable to play for a period of time, because I lost my internet connection, or something important came up. And in that case I certainly think, its fair, that I can come back later and play with whatever chips, I might have left after paying the blinds and antes.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wouldn't be good for this players. Looking at my experience sometimes i must leave playing poker during the tournament even for 30 minutes so it's not definitely 10 hands but more. I leave playing not too often but it's happen. So i definitely support rules already existing.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t think this is a good idea !!! The player paid money for participation in the tournament and it is his personal choice to play in this tournament or not to play !!!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not worth coming up with new rules or restrictions! :) If we talk about the distribution of chips to other players, there are ante for this, in order to take and distribute these chips gradually and sometimes not just at one the table. When you suggest waiting for 10 hands and giving chips to the players at the table, it's unfair and unjustified, because 10 hands after the start of the tournament is very fast and distributed chips can give an advantage to players over others if the tables will be are rearranged.

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, a very excellent solution to such a problem, probably we need a large flow of people to write to the Starz support about this problem, and solve it in such ways, then maybe they would have heard us, and so for sure no one will solve it, everything will remain the same.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just that there are such grief players who like to register in tournaments, in the hope that they will live up to the prize money in the sit-out. So I would exclude such players from turbo tournaments in which there is such a possibility.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you care? How does it bother you? Even if everyone is sitting in a sitout, this is their own business.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think this is necessary. Everything has long been calculated about those absent at the table. And their absence does not bother anyone.

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it is legal, if someone is absent there must be a force majeure reason, or maybe they forgot to play it, your idea would be good in free tournaments, for money nobody would be so stupid to sign up and not play, it has happened to me I forgot to play it and when I connect to the room I am still alive, there was even a chance that I made it to the final table. :deal:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in any case, it all depends on the rules of the room - the question is more about free tournaments, so poker rooms will hardly delve into this

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree with the proposal at all.I don't understand what's wrong with the players sitting out.
Anything can intervene while playing, power failure, any technical problems.
You seriously consider it fair, to fall out of a tournament due to external circumstances?
If I have already paid the buyin, do not fall out due to the hand limit!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker rooms will never go for this, especially the stack of an absent player and so decreases due to the blinds

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly not. Absent players are like an empty chair giving away chips, they've paid the buy-in and it's part of the prize pool, so there's no problem with that. In a tournament the blinds go up, if he is absent too long they will simply be eliminated by the blinds.