Tourment with new rules!

A

Andr-7x7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Hello everybody. how would you feel about tournaments, the rules of which would indicate: in the case of an all-in, the player who has more % to win immediately wins and further cards are not placed on the board. who thinks what?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️
I think that then poker with bingo elements will turn into bingo, with poker elements.🤣🤣🤣

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine playing rock/paper/scissor in poker :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:. That will never happen !

Wait..... what ?

000191 2022 07 06 21 11

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well no I think that would be terrible for players like me that almost always get all the chips in the middle with the worst hand

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why would anyone want to do that?
Trying to follow the logic...but simply cannot get to where you are with this.
W.
H.
Y.
?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, that would benefit the game at all. It would reward going all-in with very strong hands, that are likely to be ahead, but punish going all-in with hands, that are probably not ahead but often have good equity. For instance the whole idea of playing draws aggressively is, you get fold equity, and when you are called, all is not lost, because you can still improve and win the pot that way.

If the rules were changed as suggested, bluffing with a good draw would be no different than bluffing with total garbage, and I definitely dont see, how that would make the game more interesting. It sounds like, OP hate "bad beats", but they are part of the game, and without them poker would not be nearly as profitable, as it is. So the solution is to make peace with bad beats and accept, that yes sometimes your aces will get cracked, and thats ok.

Or play cash games on a site, which offer "all-in insurance". With that feature people can choose to cash out their equity share of the pot, when there is an all-in situation before the river. But in tournaments "flips" are an essential part of the game, and if you dont like "gambling", maybe you should look to play chess rather than poker.

Last edited:
Poker Rules - Poker Games