let me shove ,, and wait the chance , they would never know what hit them lol

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often see lately when Allyn answers a raise from BB's late position and he calls. And both players show at the showdown the least suitable cards and wait for the lucky one of them. Few people fold against Allin from the BB.
But I think that this game does not bring any experience and knowledge, it just turns poker into roulette. It turns out the struggle of the two ego. But this trend is mainly manifested in micro-limits and freerolls, where people do not want to learn anything and have only pieces of knowledge and hope for success.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AGGRO is so simple.Sometimes should be Aggro,Sometimes you know you should fold 10 10 before final table.
I Watch How people in PS play in high rollers (530,1K,2K).You can open 4-6 tables and watch the best players to explore the mentality of the game.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you get deeper in tournaments you need to pay close attention to SPR and ICM. When you make these shove, especially in lower stakes, you're going to get a called frequently by larger and smaller stack sizes. You should be targeting people right in the middle, probably around chip average or just above. They'll be less likely to call and will be more fit or fold. You also need to understand villains range and what he's willing to call or shove with.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that an aggressive game can be an advantage and at the same time a player's weakness. Therefore, you need to be careful in such cases and always try to use only promising situations in your favor.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a big problem which is starting to take a toll on me now!
Whenever i go deep in tourney and i am on sb and bb or late pos and somebody raises i feel that they are raising to steal with very weak range!
So i end up shoving my stack.
Recently i shived 83o over 5 limps in tourney and a player called me with Ajo!
A player raised from btn i shoved with 6js thinking he would fold but he had AK and i busted 2 places away from money
I play very badly in tournament as opposed to cash!
I read hands more food in cash but tourneys its all abouy shove shove!
And if i am multitabling and loose on 1 table i become tilted!

Trust me it happens to the best of us. all you can relly do is live nd learn, so next time you're in a similar position you may make a more sound decision.

For me i struggle with reallt focusing on eac indivual hand, i'll play solid patient and tight for hrs than in 1 small instant make an irrational decision and loose it all. Sometimes it could be over a player tilting me other times its myself for playing a hand bad.
poker def takes alot of discipline.

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I do not condemn this aggressiveness, I like it, but closer to itm it's better to hold on hahaha then let go of the arm again.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same here, is that the reason why I don't multitable, but I think i'm getting better on the TILT thing, i'm trying to learn with my mistakes, and i'm getting a better results since I started to do it

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to be more patient. I often see such players and want to push them like you, but I hold back.

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play by the odds..and stop playing REALLY shitty cards in such positions..

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sweet when you can use their aggression against them. Best way to get chips.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever i go deep in tourney and i am on sb and bb or late pos and somebody raises i feel that they are raising to steal with very weak range!
A player raised from btn i shoved with 6js thinking he would fold but he had AK and i busted 2 places away from money

Hey there, I agree with everyone in this thread that study will go a long way

Here's a very comprehensive an in depth program on MTT strategy which will help you a lot and you can get completely free

http://gripsed.com/free

And here is a sample of one of the videos included in the program

Good luck and happy stackin in your future events!!!
Knowledge is power, and you're about to have a lot of it!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate,you can´t lose control in those situations.If so ,you will never get better prizes.So ,what you need is more patience and your results will be better.Good luck , and of course,Merry Christmas!

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players played very passively in front of the money! So I think you're right sygral-- sorry of course that you get to the top of its range, but it happens in poker!

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you must delete TILT. if now you live with it you must stay along, without this bad habit.
If you are good in CASH play it. Before playing MTT or just tournament like SNG you must read at least one book on this subject.
Do not do this bad pushes with 83 or 6J because today people know how to play and never fold with AJ for example. Of course can be some situation then you can bluf but you must be careful because when you play tournament if you loose you go sleep :D:D:D

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can be aggressive but they 'll make a mistake. Try to concentrate your game, not the others. When the bubble is over, you can risk more, if it's necessary.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have problems man.

You are doing some things that go against your best interests and you think your cash game strategy is perfect and of course it transfers! Its hold em ...RIGHT? NOPE, negative , wrong. Its not as simple as you prob think it is , just as live is not as simple as many online pros have come to find out. They havent trained to hide their tells, They dont know what a tell is, unless its a betting tell or timing tell, or what some program tells them.

Everyone gives the generic study more, but nobody tells you HOW to study effectively and that study doesnt always necessarily mean watching videos, Reading forums or my favorite that most players do the most. Just play a shit ton of hands and take punishment for years and hope to improve.

Step away from the computer screens and get yourself into a poker room. If you cannot then you need to change sites or walk away when you feel like you were donked on, or you lost to a hand you think is trash to a player that just took your stack AGAIN . Step the hell away from the keyboard man. Take some breathes and maybe a walk. Smoke a cig hell whatever it takes. Drink a beer and just watch a few rounds . Calm down or you will bleed money . You are already it seems.

I am likely a player you hate. You want to be exploitative but you choose bad times to do so. Generally probably after a previous big loss chasing a gut shot or back door flush draw and you built a pot that you think you are committed to and its multiway on top of it all . being agressive and trying to build a pot multiway or doing so without care then folding after getting re raised on the turn and river, or you are snap shoving in any plus EV spot and you think thats enough for tournaments. No.

I guess the funniest part is you think people are worried about your re-shove over the top, in a re-buy tournament! I dont think so. That was a $5, 2.20, 10 dollar event. Not the wsop tourney. People will rebuy 100 times if they think they can be profitable in the end and play is drastically different depending on tourney setup and blind levels. Playing push or fold poker isnt going to generate income in the tournament scene ESPECIALLY live.

Your play remains the same because as a cash game player you know that people are attached to actual cash value chips a shit ton more than tourney chips , and when you push 500 -1000 bucks into pot over the top, most cash game players fold and they fold much too often at that.The reason is they prob are playing with money they cant lose or even that its just our basic instincts and attitudes towards money in general. This isnt happening and you cant understand why doing the same shit over and over isnt producing an expected and well known result! How about that right?

The fix:
Start playing freezeouts, 1R1A tourneys or limited rebuy events with SHORT buy in and re entry periods. This alone will change the quality of play you see daily or rather your perception of what quality play is will likely be similar to what you see in cash. STOP running multiple tables. You arent a good tourney player yet and you are losing money 4x faster than focusing on 1 table . Stop. your bankroll is begging for the bleeding to stop.

IF you cannot dedicate 4-8 hours or longer to a serious tournament without distractions then you need to stick to cash. Get your money get in and get out in 2 hours to 3 hours. Tournaments are long. . 12 hrs straight at times and doing the best you can to remain poised throughout the whole shebang! Nobody is that sharp mentally. You will make mistakes. They laugh while you rage and threaten to never try again. Then you re enter. For more punishment without trying to attack the problem. Or doing ANY study or self reflection on your own play in between.

Your idea of a good play doesnt mean shit in tournaments or to tournament players, and even Phil Helmuth hasnt obviously gotten that through his head. I may sound ****y and arrogant and i may be slightly but that isnt the point im trying to make. You cant change bad habits without actively trying to and your old bag of tricks is dusty , broken, over played and you likely need to step away from online poker for a few days.
Come here. Read, study your own hand histories, the answers I SWEAR are there plain as day. If you look at 6 months of hand history of your own and STILL cant figure out why. The answer is an easy one and its your unwillingness to change your play or recognize your own leaks. Everyone has them.

Its time to teach the old dog new tricks because yours no longer work. Blunt. I know but I am not being hateful or mean. Its just how I come off its my personality. You can change and you can get better. It takes work and purposeful study. I am here to help If you ever want it. .

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe study some push/fold charts. Jonathan little has a bunch of videos that helped me develop my skills at the table, it's free and convenient. If you get tilted easily its up to you to find ways of coping with it, i know it's really easy to get tilted

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think push fold charts is what the guy needs tbh. I think that's his main philosophy at the tables. Put people to stack size decisions, and a small bag of tricks to remain profitable in cash games.

I think he really needs to start there. Stop using push fold tactics as his main weapon. That's like using a sledge to hang up pictures in your house. it's a blunt force object. He needs to work on the small stuff.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do however agree on Johnathan Little. Excellent resources there. Also, try reading or listening to Annie Dukes, Decide to play winning poker.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello, seeyouthru! You wrote, that You play better a cash game, than the tournaments,
in which You lose more money... From this I can do a putative conclusion, that You, possibly,
a "cash player"?.. :rolleyes: Then concentrate more or only on the cash game, and grow up by limits...
By the tournaments You can back in the any time! Good Luck!;):jd4::)

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually when you reach the final table you would want to be more tight. Finishing one position higher or lower can make a big difference in pay out. Don't be too aggressive.