Which time of the tournment is the hardest one for you?

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone, I was thinking here.

Early, mid or late game?

I feel like no matter how I play, I cant reach the bubble without playing at least 4 or 5 all-ins.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would say mid-game. around +/- 40bb. Sometimes I might get carry away and betting a certain amount of chips making me commited to the pot.
Early game it's just exploit weakeness in other players and play tight.
And late game usually depends on your stack-size. If your chip leader of the table put preassure in mid stacks (watch out for small stacks tho)
If your -20bb its all-in...

Good luck on your tourneys.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My very last played hand in a tournament, right when being busted, is the hardest time for me, because it is the most painful.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Early, mid or late game?

I feel like no matter how I play, I cant reach the bubble without playing at least 4 or 5 all-ins.
When I leave a tournament, but analyzing my most critical moments are: at the beginning, near the bubble and close to the final table

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The toughest thing for me is to play patiently when you're in top 10-20 and it's still no ITM or, for example, it's 100 players left and an average stack is 5 (or more) times smaller than yours. It requires a lot of discipline, and in addition the ease with which you can win pots or exploit due to your stack may take away some of the ability to remain patient and disciplined and might get you a bit carried away too.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Early, mid or late game?

Early stage is crucial to build a decent stack and maintain. If successful, you can reach the bubble without several all-in. Easier said than done as any bad beat can drop you down like a rock. Well, who says poker is not a game of chance.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my worst stage of the tourney is the first half hour or so and I have no clue why that is.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Key is to build your stick early on but nice & steady. Just concentrate on your table, forget about how many are left in tournament or who has the biggest stack so far. If you do this well you should cruise into the money.

Then it's time to make some real $$$

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The hardest time for me is the final stage, when there are 40-50 players left.

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The middle of the game, if I have less than the average stack, I often start to worry

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the effective blinds are around 20bbs it seems the most difficult with reshoves looming.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a lot of difficulties staying active close to the bubble, I still think my game is very exploitable, so I end up tending to be tighter than I should be.
I consider this situation the worst flaw in my game.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Definitely before the bubble, the ITM.
You've been playing for several hours, and if you've already dedicated your time to the game, you want it to have a result, and you don't want to lose - especially not - with premium cards against someone who boldly play against you with more chips.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
At real tournaments it is the time after the bubble. Either I'm short and have to coinflip or I have problems with the very aggressive style of play at the time. I make it relatively often in the money and I think I make a small profit in tournaments. But I can't make it to the final table, where there's really something to win!
At MTTs (45 Players) from place 8 to 14 I thinkis hard.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think the hardest part about poker is the average poker level, where the hardest thing to play will be choosing hands and luck should be on your side

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most difficult time before ITM and the last hand played in the tournament, and if there was a bedbit, then it's a disaster at all

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Late before get into final table, The best players are in so is not that easy than before

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that the final step is more complicated...

People end up making fewer "automatic moves" and begin to consider more the general context

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At the beginning. For some reason a lot of players take unnecessary time to make a move and start the game. Don't like time-wasting, just for the sake of it and then they fold.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I find the late stage of the tournament to be the hardest, as many bad players have already left the tournament and you have to play with more experienced players!!!

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I find the late stage of the tournament to be the hardest, as many bad players have already left the tournament and you have to play with more experienced players!!!
According to you mate, I have the same problem :( but I will learn!

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the table hoppings starts.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most difficult moment for me in a tournament is the prize bubble, where you have to do wonders to get into prizes.