Sunday Million 14 Anniversary

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I'm thinking I'm studying the game more and I'm thinking about playing some qualifiers

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can confirm. I qualified a couple of weeks ago and am now practicing in micro stakes deep stack tourneys. It was one of the most stressful things I have done in Poker. I was in the 100 seats guaranteed satellites that I won a ticket into.

It got to the bubble and I was 80th or something. 107 tickets going. There was 108 left. I got dealt pocket aces in position and folded - it was far too stressful and the amount of flips that I won throughout the satellite was crazy. The first hour was trying to avoid difficult hands with people shoving with Ace and any kicker.

It really was India Jones level. NEVER again!

Good luck to everyone who has qualified or is attempting to qualify. I am preparing hard for this Sunday and will be really gutted if I can't get going. My play style will be very tight, playing with only premium or tier 2 hands and possibly suited connectors when in position. I'll also be taking a very laid back approach to the first 2 hours and letting those people with more money burn their chips and rebuy.

Whatever happens, I hope to be in for the long game. No gain without pain! And you never know - I've been going deep in most of my practice tourneys. A man can dream...!

Congrats mate. I know it can be a bit stressful to take a big shot like this if you qualified into it. But just approach it as your normal $1.10 deepstack MTT. Play your regular strategy and hope for the best, no need to adjust your game all of a sudden just for one game because the stakes are higher.

Just binked my ticket to the milly as well yesterday from a $11 satty. Pretty keen to give it a go :D

A

AsbestosInferno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats mate. I know it can be a bit stressful to take a big shot like this if you qualified into it. But just approach it as your normal $1.10 deepstack MTT. Play your regular strategy and hope for the best, no need to adjust your game all of a sudden just for one game because the stakes are higher.

Just binked my ticket to the milly as well yesterday from a $11 satty. Pretty keen to give it a go :D

Cheers and good luck to you! Yeah will try to do exactly that. My goal is to reach the end of day 1 and then from there, I'll be happy. Looking forward to it!

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good afternoon everyone!! I think it's great that there are already people from this site who have their tickets to the event! I'm only going to play a pokerschool freeroll for LAPTAM, there are 3 tickets and as many as $ 11 for a mega-satellite. If I do not manage to enter the event I will be as a spectator, since there is a colleague who will play, I will be encouraging them and I hope that the good results will be in favor of us !! Good luck to you all!!

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi! I failed in all free sats, but still have a $11 ticket for a $50 deposit. Not sure how to use it in a most optimal way. Probably, biggest sat at 20:05 CET with 100+ places in a prize pool?

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Maybe you are right. At the final stage of such satellites, I lacked neither nerves nor endurance.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
6 hours of play and you are in the second day, and most likely you will get prizes. Not so hard.

So if someone wanted to earn a few dollars, why wouldn't they just wait & late reg. at the start of Day2... & presto! They will get prizes (most likely).

I'm thinking there's a bit more to it than that.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just started playing a sat to a sat to ...? We'll see where this all leads.

9e5282ae9eeb698377cab172bc22ec0f.png

Not sure what I'll do with the $1.5M though.

... Okay, that one failed with top pair & a 4-flush draw on the flop.

... Try again.

Last edited:
A

AsbestosInferno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if someone wanted to earn a few dollars, why wouldn't they just wait & late reg. at the start of Day2... & presto! They will get prizes (most likely).

I'm thinking there's a bit more to it than that.

Definitely my thought as well. I'm not sure what the structure was last year - but I imagine they are keeping it open for 24 hours to induce as many people to pay in as possible. I'm expecting up to about 70,000 to be playing, possibly more due to coronavirus. I do wonder though just how many people will be left by the end of Day 1, and what this will do to the prize structure.

Blinds will be 1k/2k at start of Day 2. I'm hoping to obviously still be in the tournament at this point, and if I do I hope I will have built a sizeable stack - we will see some crazy plays from people buying in with 10xBB and jamming with loose ranges to try and get lucky and get a foothold on the tourney.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good prize, a lot of players, a lot of regular players and professionals. I think it is very difficult to win , but there is always a chance. This is why I play satellites in order to get a ticket for less money. Because 215 is still a lot for me as a player.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely my thought as well. I'm not sure what the structure was last year - but I imagine they are keeping it open for 24 hours to induce as many people to pay in as possible. I'm expecting up to about 70,000 to be playing, possibly more due to coronavirus. I do wonder though just how many people will be left by the end of Day 1, and what this will do to the prize structure.

Blinds will be 1k/2k at start of Day 2. I'm hoping to obviously still be in the tournament at this point, and if I do I hope I will have built a sizeable stack - we will see some crazy plays from people buying in with 10xBB and jamming with loose ranges to try and get lucky and get a foothold on the tourney.

I reckon they're afraid of having a 1.2 mil overlay again xD

They need a little over 58k players to break even, and after 62.5k players the prize pool will start to increase. For the players it's fingers crossed they don't hit it. Although with the current increase in online traffic that seems unlikely.

Also as a reply to the person you were quoting. Reaching day 2 doesn't mean you also made the money ofcourse. Otherwise anyone could simply late reg for a guaranteed profit ;)
A good prize, a lot of players, a lot of regular players and professionals. I think it is very difficult to win , but there is always a chance. This is why I play satellites in order to get a ticket for less money. Because 215 is still a lot for me as a player.

Well yeah, on one hand the field will have pretty much any reg on the site in it. But because of the sheer amount of players and fish that are taking a shot (directly or through qualifiers) this probably will be the softest field of the year in this buy-in range. Taking it down will be extremely difficult, but on average you can expect the players to be quite soft (comparing to your usual $215 tourney the fish:reg ratio will be extremely high).

A

AsbestosInferno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reckon they're afraid of having a 1.2 mil overlay again xD

They need a little over 58k players to break even, and after 62.5k players the prize pool will start to increase. For the players it's fingers crossed they don't hit it. Although with the current increase in online traffic that seems unlikely.

Also as a reply to the person you were quoting. Reaching day 2 doesn't mean you also made the money ofcourse. Otherwise anyone could simply late reg for a guaranteed profit ;)

Well yeah, on one hand the field will have pretty much any reg on the site in it. But because of the sheer amount of players and fish that are taking a shot (directly or through qualifiers) this probably will be the softest field of the year in this buy-in range. Taking it down will be extremely difficult, but on average you can expect the players to be quite soft (comparing to your usual $215 tourney the fish:reg ratio will be extremely high).

Haha yes very true about the overlay. But, I expect way more than 60k this time round.

Great point on the fish:reg ratio! I'm already preparing myself for a horrible beat at the hands of a major fish who satty'd in. I'm going to be playing an extremely tight range and really focusing on playstyles, ranges of others. I won't be sad if I'm knocked out but will be if it's really early on. I love slow, methodical MTTs but always find them 'ruined' in an online setting by runners and riders hoping to score big. Let's hope I, and many other CC members, run deep!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha yes very true about the overlay. But, I expect way more than 60k this time round.

Great point on the fish:reg ratio! I'm already preparing myself for a horrible beat at the hands of a major fish who satty'd in. I'm going to be playing an extremely tight range and really focusing on playstyles, ranges of others. I won't be sad if I'm knocked out but will be if it's really early on. I love slow, methodical MTTs but always find them 'ruined' in an online setting by runners and riders hoping to score big. Let's hope I, and many other CC members, run deep!

That's what you love right? The fishier the field the easier it is. No excuses ;P

Yeah just make sure you got a good basic strat, play that vs the regs and adjust if you see any fish making weird mistakes. Hope you run good mate :D

S

Stavvyc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the storm last week and got ko vs aces (story of my life atm)

I’ve been studying a fair bit the last few weeks too and come across a free 11$ dollar ticket they were giving out! I managed to get 23/3000 players! 90 players won a ticket for it! Happy days!

In my experience if you play mtt that are too expensive for yourself then you game has already changed. You find yourself not making the same moves you would if you were playing a stake you are comfortable with!

If you have a big bankroll and can afford to play loose and aggressive to steal the pots!
It Is a very different player, that hasn’t got a bankroll and And will only play premium hands!
Or the player that wins a satellite that has no interest in rebuying if they needed to, that are just happy to get a cash which means they’ll win just over $400 then we’ll go from there step by step and try to get closer and closer to that ft and bigger points!

It’ll be an interested one as I don’t think you should change your game as much maybe shorten your range a tad and try not to limp to much with low As or any other cards that you know that will get you into trouble! I think it’ll be a easier game to bluff at the right times too pre flop, to turn! Picking them moments will be the definition and winning your flips will determine your overall score!

I think you have to look into this tournament as a pleasure, a chore and most importantly a test for yourself where you are at in your poker life (if your someone that does take it seriously)
As all the pros will be playing it! If you win this tournament not only you will have 1.5mil but you will make your name out their in the poker industry!

Good luck you everyone playing it or hoping to satellite!
Have to be init to win it!
Let’s gooooo!

Last edited:
balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Well I finally qualified through one of the $11 satellites so I got my $215 ticket.

I had to play 5 of them so it cost me $55 ;) but that's ok.

If I bust early I still think they have satellites during the 24h latereg so we'll see what will happen , I really want to play after registration close to make the cash.

Good luck everyone .

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've come home early from my vacation and I think this tournament has my name on it!

If you want to sweat some high stakes action in the biggest tournament of all time, feel free to drop by my stream http://twitch.tv/gripsed

And if you happen to be making a run too, feel free to drop by, I'd love to give you a sweat and some good vibes to help take you to the final table!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shipped a second ticket through a freeroll :D

Let's hope they'll convert it to T money, otherwise I'll just play reckless as on my first bullet haha.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I managed to win $ 11 ticket in the freeroll, but a few moments ago I played the satellite with 250 seats guaranteed to the sunday millions and unfortunately it was eliminated. I received AA in an early position with 80 bb and decided to make a bet of 3 bb, I received a call and an all in from late position, we go all in with only that rival who has TT, with a stack higher than mine but not much more and the T falls on the river ... end of the dream. GL to those who play it !! I'll be there watching.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i need to play but i blocked my account haha

O

Oldopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im very excited to play in this tournament . Just waiting 1 more hour to register and hope for sunrun because thats only way to win this huge field . Good luck to all and have fun!

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
45000 entries now, I wonder how many we'll get after 24 hour. Maybe double that.