BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi everyone!! On March 22, PokerStars will celebrate the 14th anniversary of the Sunday Million, and will do so spectacularly. There will be a $ 12.5 million guarantee in the favorite PokerStars tournament, which will make it the biggest event hosted on the site. Who among you has already planned to play this tournament? I'm going to do my best to get to play it that day, since I have time to raise the money to pay for my ticket or qualify for a satellite. My question is how many players will register? Will it be very difficult to get paid? And finally, which strategy would be the best for a tournament as long as this? GL everyone to play it !!

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to play, I’ll try to break through the satellites. Approximately 70,000 people, I think it’s very difficult to participate and break into the bubble. I think the tight strategy should be chosen

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This tournament will probably pay the usual around 15-20% of the field just as all the other tournaments on pokerstars. So the fact, the field is extra huge, should not really change your strategy or make it more difficult to cash. It will be more difficult to reach the final table of course, but that is already next to impossible in the regular Sunday Million, since it already see 10.000+ players. So even if you play every week, you might have to play for 20 years or more, before you make it to a final table. If it happen any faster, you basically just got lucky.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone!! On March 22, PokerStars will celebrate the 14th anniversary of the Sunday Million, and will do so spectacularly. There will be a $ 12.5 million guarantee in the favorite PokerStars tournament, which will make it the biggest event hosted on the site. Who among you has already planned to play this tournament? I'm going to do my best to get to play it that day, since I have time to raise the money to pay for my ticket or qualify for a satellite. My question is how many players will register? Will it be very difficult to get paid? And finally, which strategy would be the best for a tournament as long as this? GL everyone to play it !!

I will likely play it, stars always runs great MTTs.

They will easily get 60k players and clear the guarantee, PS always clears their guarantee.

In terms of timing, I don't think it will be that different than usual, maybe 2-3 more hours (they know how to make the tournament close out by upping the blinds steadily) :stupido:

As for strategy, I've actually found in the past this version of the million is easier to cash than the regular ones. The people bursts quite fast with all the tables running.

The hard part however is winning a field this big... but we can all dream right?

Here's to hoping someone is chosen that day from the CC community and runs godly on their way to a 7 figure payday!

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first heard about it. I need to collect the necessary amount for the game. I think that I will take part in 90,000 rabid fans.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am kind of tempted to play this, just because its an historic 1-off event. But with my more sensible glasses on, I dont have 215$ to spend on a "shot" like this. To many other things I can do with that money :)

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about the right strategy, but good luck to all of you here.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I think you need at least two shots at this.

I would first gamble early on and try to triple up my stack or go bust, if i bust, do another re-entry but very late instead and play very tight.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you must understand that the game from the beginning of the tournament until its completion (if you want to become a winner) will take about 10-12 hours. Practice the game during a long temporary drive, evaluate your endurance, understand what helps you keep yourself in good shape, do not lose concentration, etc.since the number of participants is large, an aggressive bluff-based game will not lead you far. Professionals advise adopting the simplest tactics: fold the bulk of pocket cards, play only with strong hands, especially if the bank is large. If you’re used to relying on good luck, we’re in a hurry to upset you, this chip will not work on the Sunday Million. The distance is long, the number of hands that you have to play is also large, so you must be focused, concentrated and take deliberate actions.

alexKarel

alexKarel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good idea... Perhaps I will also try to qualify for this tournament, through satellites... Well it's time to get to work))

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It’s too expensive for me to register directly in such a tournament, but I’ll try to play some satellites !!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you must understand that the game from the beginning of the tournament until its completion (if you want to become a winner) will take about 10-12 hours.

This event play over 3 days, and day one will finish after around 6 hours.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I hope to have the opportunity to play it .... it is a great tournament with great prizes ... I will be watching the qualifying freerolls ... and the satellites to see if I can get a ticket ...!

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have a ticket for a freeroll from the pokerstars school for Latin America. There they will give a ticket to the sunday, I hope to be lucky, but that satellite will be very difficult. If I get to pay the entrance fee with my bank, I probably play it. I will also go looking for other satellites for this tournament. I wish everyone the best of luck !! especially those who are going to look for their classification in satellite tournaments !!

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everybody!! How are you doing in the qualifiers at sunday millions? Is there already one within this wonderful and unique event? If I fail to qualify in a freeroll, I will be like in many other events as an observer watching a great event. I wish you the best and I hope to be among that multitude of players! Cheers!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My honest advice, and I know it sounds harsh but it comes from the right place: If you're asking those questions at this point and have very little experience with playing long MTTs. You probably shouldn't be playing a $215 MTT at this point. Start at the bottom and grind from there. You're better of grinding slowly than randomly taking a shot at a huge tourney if you really want to build your roll properly.

Having said that though, if you just play for fun, don't want to build a bankroll or money is no object to you, by all means go and play it :)

Edit: I see in your later posts that you're trying to qualify through freerolls now rather than just buy straight in as in your OP. Sure give that a go, the odds are very much stacked against you but who knows. I once freerolled myself into a $530 PCA qualifier in that way (which I tanked unfortunately but hey close enough haha). Good luck mate :D

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
if my palanes changed with the passing of the days ... I was going to seek to classify myself with money, but I did not succeed and there was also the possibility of paying the entrance if I had money, but with so little time I can only wait for the last freeroll. They are going to give 3 tickets to the main event and we will be about 200 players ... there will be prizes from 11 to 17, for megasatelite for sunday ... we will see what happens! Cheers

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting for an opportunity to play it is a dream of every player.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A great tournament, like you, I would love to participate and I will do my best, there is time :) many players will be because everyone has the desire to take a piece of cake and even the first place to win, and it will be difficult in that tournament, certainly a lot of luck to everyone who will participate :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
22 march eh? I guess i'd just buy my way to the main event then :hmmmm2:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, I'm doing my best to get there... :biggrin:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-vents-71/17th-5-999-a-451294/

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-vents-71/14th-anniversary-sun-milly-satellite-451475/

Will be continuing to grind every satellite I can.

I've also approached two 'wealthy' friends about the possibility of them staking me into it with percentage agreements..

Preferably I can satty my way in somehow rather than being staked and having to give up shares of any winnings.

Of course, any way to enter would be great though!

It's a three day event (starting 22nd finishing 24th) and there is late reg on day 2.

I get paid on day 2, although really couldn't afford the punt... :(

Time will tell! ;)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I've also approached two 'wealthy' friends about the possibility of them staking me into it with percentage agreements..

Since i have free money then I'd stake you (or anyone else here) but i guess no-one wants help :hmmmm2: