Stuck in midgame of every tourney

A

ankitgupta45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My play is too weak in midgames of the tourney and somehow if i reach final table i am always very shot (10-15BB ) .How can i fix this ?
Plz share strategies which make u gather big stacks going into final table !

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient - usually around the middle of a tourney after a couple of hours, people let their concentration and their level of skill drop. You should try to play tight, wait for good cards and then when you get them, extract the maximum amount of value from the other players. I wouldn't bluff too much but every once in a while might be ok.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Take more calculated risk later in the game. If some guy is raising way to much you know he is playing wide. If you have a hand like pocket tens or AJo what do you do when you have 10-15 BB? These are the type of calculated hands you should 3-bet them all in. Yes you will lose at times, but this is one way when you win you have a better chance of when you get to the final table you could have a bigger stack. Just remember to honest when thinking about the player who has raised. You don't want to push into a player who is to tight and who's range would be stronger than yours. It not about gambling with week hands like the fish do. You play should only be taking calculated risk.

Top 10 Games