Which strategy is the better one for free rolls?

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to register freerolls how much you can, on different poker rooms, you think 2 poker rooms is enough, but what if you can register on 8 such.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In general, the only freerolls I play are the card chat freerolls.
They are very different from other freerolls where you find a lot of bingo players. Here they play like a normal MTT because there are players who understand the game very well.
In multiplayer freerolls, my strategy is generally not to despair at the start of the freeroll. If the game has an average starting stack of chips, play normally, gradually increasing your stack if you can.
Never forget that the minor objective is to enter the ITM and the main objective is to reach the final table.
Once I pass the bubble according to my stack of chips, I loosen up more. For example, with a smaller stack of chips there, it's likely that with the help of cards, and depending on the position at the table, I'll try to make some raises or allins to win blinds or double my stack.
For me, the goal of any tournament is to be patient and make the most of the hand I play.
Greetings friend;););) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its depends of the freeroll, but for example in Cardschat freerolls you must analyze your opponents and have patience. In this type of freeroll the players are really good and they play a good poker. In other freerolls some players go all in in all the hands and this is not good. In Cardschat freerolls you play poker with good players 😃

thebigjhow

thebigjhow

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very interesting, and important for me, to be able to see different opinions and different strategies. Your knowledge is of great value. Thank you very much.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In general, the only freerolls I play are the card chat freerolls.
They are very different from other freerolls where you find a lot of bingo players. Here they play like a normal MTT because there are players who understand the game very well.
In multiplayer freerolls, my strategy is generally not to despair at the start of the freeroll. If the game has an average starting stack of chips, play normally, gradually increasing your stack if you can.
Never forget that the minor objective is to enter the ITM and the main objective is to reach the final table.
Once I pass the bubble according to my stack of chips, I loosen up more. For example, with a smaller stack of chips there, it's likely that with the help of cards, and depending on the position at the table, I'll try to make some raises or allins to win blinds or double my stack.
For me, the goal of any tournament is to be patient and make the most of the hand I play.
Greetings friend;););) (y) (y) (y) (y)
The only difference between cardchat freerolls vs others are that our games last too long (for casual freeroll standards which is 3h or less) ...
You've been here only 3 months (and 1 day) so you probably havent figured out yet but there players in CC games who dont understand 'the game' at all and some of them arent even so-called bingo players.
Minimum target is to reach ITM - i'm pretty sure most are thinking of it. Still at the end of the day it does not matter how you do it as long as you still win some money ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best strategy for freerolls is TTO, which mean Time Theory Optimal. Go all in every hand, until someone call you. In that way you optimize the amount of time, you spend on each freeroll:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best strategy for freerolls is TTO, which mean Time Theory Optimal. Go all in every hand, until someone call you. In that way you optimize the amount of time, you spend on each freeroll:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Then it's better to go all-in (or several all-ins), and if you tripled the stack, then just sit out until ITM without play )))

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can also calculate when the ITM is approximately, and always at this time open the table to make a few all-ins again, and if you're lucky, then again sit out without playing until the final table ))

Purely within the TTO/($) :p

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The best strategy for freerolls - Go all in every hand until someone call you. In that way you optimize the amount of time, you spend on each freeroll:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This sounds like perfect thing to practice in cardchat games
Then it's better to go all-in (or several all-ins), and if you tripled the stack, then just sit out until ITM without play )))
Last time i cashed in CC game i probably did just that when increased my stack like 5* times and then :sleep: 'til ITM was more than secured ...
Also in certain games sitting out entirely is better than going all-in cause this way you'd secure cash prize with minimum effort :)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday in the freeroll, one player with any cards answered all the all-ins and won four hands like that, for example, from 6 to 4 he won from A K went into the lead, I do not know what happened next., but sometimes such cranks come across in freerolls, maybe you need to catch such players, you can meet them very often, and by regarding the strategy for the game, there is no strategy here, all poker rules apply in expensive tournaments

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My freeroll strategy is the simplest one: play only winning combinations. No freeroll bluffing works because people have nothing to lose.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Different freerolls require different strategies, just like any other tournament.

In a huge 10,000+ player donkfest with 3 minute blinds, trying to play a "tight is right" strategy is pretty much suicide. Even if you happen to catch a couple hands early on, you're still likely to end up blinding out way before the money. Best to play like an aggressive maniac and hope to get lucky.

On the other hand, freerolls like the Platinum CC ones where the number of players is generally less than 200 and the structures are quite reasonable, playing a more conservative strategy will work better, but very few players are likely to call your all ins unless they have a monster.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to play a bit looser on freerolls than games i have paid for due to there being no money committed to it on my part

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a huge 10,000+ player donkfest with 3 minute blinds, trying to play a "tight is right" strategy is pretty much suicide. Even if you happen to catch a couple hands early on, you're still likely to end up blinding out way before the money. Best to play like an aggressive maniac and hope to get lucky.
On the other hand (pun intended) if you play tight and wait for a hand you will see getting yourself moving towards ITM by allowing others to eliminate each other on other tables in parallel :ROFLMAO:.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The only difference between card chat freerolls and others is that our games last too long (by casual freeroll standards, it's 3 hours or less)...
You've only been here 3 months (and 1 day), so you probably haven't noticed yet, but there are players in CC games who don't understand 'the game' at all and some of them aren't even so-called bingo players.
The minimum goal is to achieve ITM; I'm pretty sure most are thinking about it. Still, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you earn some money...
It could be what you say. Look, at least in my case I've played very good tournaments at the Platinum level.
In general it's true, we all want to get to the prize. But in my case at least I like to win or go as high as possible in the tournament.
With that I tell you that I don't miss a tournament because it falls into the prize. If possible, first place is the best for me. But unfortunately my friend, most of the time you can't be the first.
As for the players, I don't really judge them, everyone plays their game. If they don't play well, if they don't learn with all the material you have in cardschat, it's because they won't learn more.
Health;););) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is optimal to play tight aggressively, but the most important thing is to be stable on tilt - often they will catch their 5-20 percent

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
3 or 4 hours for a freeroll is quite quick. Back when I was learning to play I won a few 2.700 player freerolls on FTP. They would take over 7 hours.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The best strategy is to win big with good hands, and lose little with bad hands.:)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think I have a 100% defined strategy, but I always try to play very safe and be careful not to fall into the provocation and madness that some players generate when they bet everything with whatever, if I have a lot of chips I try to take care of them and always looking for the right time to bet, but always trying to play my normal game as if I were playing a buy-in tournament

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Tell me your strategy for freerolls! Lets talk!
My strategy is elementary. I don't play with junk, instead I always wait patiently for good cards. This strategy is simple and quite effective. Thanks to my simple strategy, I regularly increase my bankroll.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My strategy is elementary. I don't play with junk, instead I always wait patiently for good cards. This strategy is simple and quite effective. Thanks to my simple strategy, I regularly increase my bankroll.
As they say, "tight - is right"! ))

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
In general, it's a jam or fold strategy, especially at the early stages. After surviving, switch gears to a normal ABC poker play.