on the straight to go to the ITM. Which is the ideal, play looser or harder?!

thebigjhow

thebigjhow

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a doubt I have. And I would like to know some tips.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Near in bubble in a tournament we should generally make the following adjustments:

1) As the table chip leader or without covering stacks on our left we should play more hands and look to pressure other players. They likely also want to cash, so we have more fold equity than normal, and we are going to get bluffed less.

2) As a mid sized stack we should tighten up and try to avoid confrontations with players, who cover us. Our main goal is to cash and not lose to many chips during the bubble play. Especially with larger stacks on our left it can make sense to "stall" the action and play as few hands as possible, before the bubble burst.

3) As a short stack we are selected to bust soon and should play pretty normal. Our open jamming range (if we are less than 15BB) will be pretty normal, but our range for calling other players will be tighter. Our goal is to cash and ideally chip up a bit during the bubble by open jamming and not getting action.

4) As an ultra short stack we might try to fold our way to the money, even at the cost of having almost no chips left, when it happen. In this situation we definitely want to stall the action including using our entire time bank before eventually going all-in.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Successful freestyle poker players almost always have some exceptional traits. They have a developed ability to read opponents and the table, to feel the game. Successful loose players know when to go forward, when the opponent shows weakness, when to fold, and so on. They are shrewd, fearless, believe in themselves and their poker intuition. It is very difficult to become a winning free poker player. Here one must either be born with talent, or seriously, deeply study the game, learn to read opponents, develop poker intuition. And it develops with nothing more than great poker experience, many thousands of hands played, and deep introspection.Aggressive players tend to play their hands strongly, bet and raise with them. However, aggression must be measured. A raise in a situation where the poker player is highly likely to lose goes from a strong move to a stupid one.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends mainly of the table you are. But you must to remember that the chips you lose worth much more than the chips you won.

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Near in bubble in a tournament we should generally make the following adjustments:

1) As the table chip leader or without covering stacks on our left we should play more hands and look to pressure other players. They likely also want to cash, so we have more fold equity than normal, and we are going to get bluffed less.

2) As a mid sized stack we should tighten up and try to avoid confrontations with players, who cover us. Our main goal is to cash and not lose to many chips during the bubble play. Especially with larger stacks on our left it can make sense to "stall" the action and play as few hands as possible, before the bubble burst.

3) Como short stack, fomos selecionados para ser eliminados em breve e devemos jogar normalmente. Nosso range de open jamming (se tivermos menos de 15BB) será bem normal, mas nosso range para pagar outros jogadores será mais tight. Nosso objetivo é ganhar dinheiro e, idealmente, aumentar um pouco durante a bolha, abrindo jamming e não entrando em ação.

4) Como um ultra short stack, podemos tentar fazer fold até chegar ao dinheiro, mesmo ao custo de quase não ter mais fichas, quando isso acontecer. Nesta situação, definitivamente queremos parar a ação, incluindo usar todo o nosso banco de tempo antes de ir all-in.
Concordo plenamente com suas declarações, em cada caso uma ação se aplica.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
# 1 tip is board texture/draw equity-
If you use the cards chat odds calculator you can set up several situations to see how strong your straight draw is versus hands-if you use Equilab -a free program by the way just google equilab--you can see how strong draws are versus ranges- That data is what you use to decide how aggressive you want to be primarily and then stack size Villain tendencies -bubble spot etc are added in to influence our actions

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It all depends on how much chips you have, this is the time when nobody wants to fall out of the tournament.
If you are the chip leader at the table you can put pressure on the smaller stacks, but of course do it wisely.
And if you're short on chips, unfortunately you won't be able to move around the table much, you'll be pressured by the higher stacks.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Fundiver199's comment is accurate.
It all depends on the high, medium, low or ultra-low chip stack.
On a medium or low stack, at least I play only strong hands.
In monstrous hands with ultra-low batteries and depending on whether I'm looking at the rankings and I'm 4 below me, I would say just AA or KK.
Cheers:):) :spa:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion (and thats how i play) :

when you have a lot of chips : tighten up

when you have medium chips : tighten up :

when you are short (especially very short stacked) : push all in with any pocket pair and anything A-T or higher