Starting strategy

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning of a tournament I believe that It's very important to only play good hands.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm the guy sitting and waiting for you to go all in waking up with kk or AA best believe I'm calling lol. I assume you can present a wild loose table image that way and wake up the next hand with solid holdings and push again finding a caller or two and doubling or tripling up. Only issue with your all in strategy is if you have several whales willing to call you with any two cards busting you out first hand trying to set your wild table image.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think "Tight is right" is good strategy for start

FeRRi0

FeRRi0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sense go all in with any too, especially at start of tournaments, when there are a lot of maniacs who will call your all in with other "any two" or better ) its become flip coin, 0 value

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I all tournaments will begin with a study of the rivals, that time, miss the moves and then just starts playing

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont tell anybody my game strategy even in cc forum)))that is my personal discovering and notes.any info is an advedvantage))so nice try!)but i wont be exploited.gg

Z

Zsofia90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never go all-in at the beginning and I pick my cards with which to play, be it beginning, middle or end. As someone mentioned, I usually target those who go all-in early and want to see them out as soon as possible. :)

L

litaana

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only go all in if it is a rebuy and i have decent cards otherwise i play it safe

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to go allin in the first hand when I got aces, kings or queens

avipokiri143

avipokiri143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, i never go all in first hand unless i have pocket aces or kings and the other players shove on me or if it's a rebuy turbo tourney, yeah might shove with good top 5% hands.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That just seems like a terrible strategy obviously, unless you just want to save some time in freeroll tournaments and you only want to play the ones where you begin with a lead.

L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing in a tournament I think regardless of how many by-ins you have, playing solid poker is the most important concept. In the beginning play only play solid hands, I like JJ+.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not good to go all in the first hand unless you're a little rebuy junkie, don't care how much you're losing or just don't care about winning at all

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game must be tightly on early stage of tournament if you're not crazy maniac playing on luck.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually wait around 30 minutes to start or sit out for a while to avoid players like you. No matter what you are dealt someone always sucks out -

Usually, after 30 min to an hour, most of you guys are busted out and people can start playing actual poker

Very true I tend to do this too.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is silly strategy to go for all in. You have to build up tight face at the start of the tournament.

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of patience because in the beginning many players go all in

S

Slax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides pairs , AK would do you a solid at begining of games...Do it man,

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I'm not going all in unless it's warranted. If u can't play short stacked or starting level stack u have holes in ur game and need to figure out how to diversify ur gsme and play to that speed of play. . Just reloading buy ins and hoping for the best is silly.

Narciso

Narciso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To risk all-win in the first leg with AK may not be good with many opponents, that is, depending on the position, since a weak pair could be enough to make a freak of that hand if you do not hit any cards!
What many people support is that you have a flop preview percentage of 20%!
Good Games!

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I am starting with all in.

How do you start the tournament?

This is totally wrong and true bingo.
Try to sit a little and observe your opponents, it is also good to label them and make small notes as how they play.
Focus on their pre-flop action and bet-sizing...
I try this and it helps me quite a lot.
Out of the 10.000 players i "mostly" end up in the top 15%.

Sometimes you do have bad beats: for example.
you have aa on the bb and utg+2 shoves all-in.
You call and he ha k5 off and hits his two pair and your out, but you can't let that stop you from playing poker the right way.
On the long run you will always be a winner..:)

Hope this helps a bit..
gl at the tables;)

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay calm and waiting for good hands to come,in last period of time im trying hard to go all in just with aces,but its really hard to fold pair of kings or queens.

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning of a tournament It's very important to play tight.
In later levels I start to bluff.

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to play calmly, patiently and wait for those excellent cards with jj qq kk so your chances of winning chips at the beginning will be very high