Stalling, could something be done about it?

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stalling is what I do for attention, and there’s nothing players can do but see me, because it’s so me.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing would slow the game down more than hand for hand. Sure all the players would play the same number of hands but the stallers would still stall and then the tournament would take forever.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As already said ... I would also like to know why such a hurry??!!
First of all, it’s his right and not to mention that an itm or a payjump can be important for this player, because if it wasn’t, he might not do it.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Universal Hand for Hand would be Hell. Outside of the bubble, I can't stand the bubble waiting. Some tournaments have 4000+ players.

Overall, even with the occasional staller, online poker runs very fast. I think the occasional staller pre-bubble or pre-final table is not so much an issue. I would just like my AA and KK to hold to the river.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stall only when I am the first place like 1st stack leader.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players deliberately slow down the game in order to get to the prizes, it is a shame for everyone to fly out of the tournament, having played there for 2 hours and to be eliminated in front of the prizes, who has a small stack, this is the right tactic.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players have to slow down the game, this is such a tactic of the game, some use a bluff after a pause and it sometimes works, the opponent discards a card, some players are annoyed.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, it's like 12 seconds a hand, not a big deal. It's your time bank, use it as you wish. I don't stall, but my son uses the whole bank every hand. To each his own.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually they do this when they are on the money and the chance to get into the prizes is very good

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they change the game to play hand for hand every hand like the first poster above said the I think I will quit playing online poker. That would be like waiting for paint to dry. If one guy is stalling then just live with it. Go get a beer, a snack, a washroom break.....whatever.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sure its easy just shorten the time to when you have to play your hand

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing your time is a RIGHT. And any player may exercise such right if they seem fit. If a player goes over his time bank limit, his hand will be folded (Penalty). I have no issue with players using their time lot when they're close to the money, or close to laddering up. It is a valid strategy.

However, if a player is wasting people time on purpose on a Ring Game for no real reason other than being annoying then.... I simply change tables :)

A universal Hand For Hand system sounds like hell, especially in big tournaments that usualy last over 8 hours of normal gameplay... You could easily triple or quadruple gameplay time by introducing such rule. :(
I totally agree, the time bank is part of the game and I use it A LOT. Especially in freerolls where 4 to 7 players are all in every hand. As soon as I have enough chips for ITM, I relax and play every hand slow. I even wait until my extra time snaps in, that takes 3 seconds more and gives me 90 seconds more advantage. In these All-in battles, in 90 seconds 300 players can be eliminated easily.

T

TheAutodidact

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Though I'm late to this, I have the facts.

It's a topic that has bothered me a lot recently and I want to point out that on ACR/BCP, where I see many of you play, this tactic is against the site terms.

From 3.5 of the terms: "If a player is found to be intentionally violating the spirit of the game to influence payouts or general gameplay, ACR shall be entitled to immediately terminate such User’s account and seize all monies held in any relevant ACR 'real money account'.

I've asked security/support about this, and they responded by letting me how to report it when I see it. They have a form to fill out in which you'll have to note the hand numbers. After seeing someone do this 21 hands in a row in a recent Stud tourney, I've started reporting it every time. I was also recording my screen and uploaded a video to back up the report. I can personally confirm they are cracking down on it when it is brought to their attention. It's just like the people who disconnect on purpose late in the tourneys/in tough spots — which they are also paying attention to and penalizing by revoking disconnect protection.

So, on the WPN network, what anyone thinks about the move personally is irrelevant, since it's in black and white that it isn't tolerated on the network.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a topic that has bothered me a lot recently and I want to point out that on ACR/BCP, where I see many of you play, this tactic is against the site terms.

From 3.5 of the terms: "If a player is found to be intentionally violating the spirit of the game to influence payouts or general gameplay, ACR shall be entitled to immediately terminate such User’s account and seize all monies held in any relevant ACR 'real money account'.

I've asked security/support about this, and they responded by letting me how to report it when I see it. They have a form to fill out in which you'll have to note the hand numbers. After seeing someone do this 21 hands in a row in a recent Stud tourney, I've started reporting it every time. I was also recording my screen and uploaded a video to back up the report. I can personally confirm they are cracking down on it when it is brought to their attention. It's just like the people who disconnect on purpose late in the tourneys/in tough spots — which they are also paying attention to and penalizing by revoking disconnect protection.

So, on the WPN network, what anyone thinks about the move personally is irrelevant, since it's in black and white that it isn't tolerated on the network.

You are absolutely right. The funny thing is, that a while ago someone posted in another forum, that he had gotten banned for stalling on ACR and had his funds confiscated, and this led me to post a thread titled "your funds are not safe on ACR", because I frankly think, its complete bullshit, if a poker site steal peoples money for a reason like that.

He later took down his post, so its kind of dubious, if his funds were actually confiscated, or if he was as "innocent", as he claimed. However several forum members including someone, who is an ACR sponsored pro, jumped into the thread and told me, that no-no, ACR only ban people for deliberately disconnecting, not for running down the time bank every hand.

But as you say, the TOS are pretty clear. Running the time bank down every hand to reduce the risk of bubbling in an MTT is not allowed on ACR, which the customer service has now confirmed to you. So if we choose to play MTTs on ACR, we should obviously follow the TOS, that we signed up to, and if we dont like them, we can play somewhere else.