Spin&Go Games..

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or he's played like 10 games... lol. No one can sustain a 70% win ratio in these things, it's basically impossible.

To be considered doing really well in these games something around 38-40% Win % would be considered crushing it over the long term.

That 33.3% number is a little flawed because of the skill element and the rake. It's also flawed because the payout amounts vary. so you don't really win 1/3 of the time, if you do you are losing money playing these. You need to be at least 36% win % to be breaking even, this number of course varies with the lower rake in the higher games, and the $5 massive jackpot games that used to run, which lower the amount of 4x and 6x + games to pay for the bigger jackpot. The games would be impossible to beat if they only ran the 2x multiplyers, it simply doesnt pay out enough and no one has that much of a skill edge to make any real profit in the 2x games. But the amount of 4x 6x etc makes up for it. So realistically you will want to have a better win % in the higher multiplyers and accept a lower one for the 2x games. Basically the idea is you want the 2x games over as fast as possible so you can load another game with a chance at a higher multiplyer, conversely you want to really avoid big all in pots in the higher multiplyer games, putting more focus on them so you can have as many wins as possible in those games.
Ok, so I'm not doing too bad then with 35% (not great either so still space for improvement). I thought I had to have close to 50% to be profitable, because I'm almost always playing for the 2x (percentage of 4x and 6x or higher is substantially less than what they say on their site).
Anyway, I have fun playing them even though I'm better at other games, but I want to be able to play them profitable.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so I'm not doing too bad then with 35% (not great either so still space for improvement). I thought I had to have close to 50% to be profitable, because I'm almost always playing for the 2x (percentage of 4x and 6x or higher is substantially less than what they say on their site).
Anyway, I have fun playing them even though I'm better at other games, but I want to be able to play them profitable.

35% is ok, it really depends how many of them you have played, but you really do want to get over that 36% mark to cover the rake and make sure you have an edge. But if you only have 300 games or something i wouldn't be stressing about it. And no, you only have to be able to cover the rake + a skill edge to profit in the games. having said that you can have a 25% win rate and still profit in the games if you somehow happen to win a large jackpot. The differance between 35% and 36% over the long run is pretty huge, so keep trying to improve and get better and you should see those ITM numbers go up.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
35% is ok, it really depends how many of them you have played, but you really do want to get over that 36% mark to cover the rake and make sure you have an edge. But if you only have 300 games or something i wouldn't be stressing about it. And no, you only have to be able to cover the rake + a skill edge to profit in the games. having said that you can have a 25% win rate and still profit in the games if you somehow happen to win a large jackpot. The differance between 35% and 36% over the long run is pretty huge, so keep trying to improve and get better and you should see those ITM numbers go up.

Didn't play a lot of them yet, just over 100. I will keep practicing and trying to improve. The reason I play them is because I want to improve my heads up play. I think that's one of my weaker points, so I'm studying it and practicing it like this. spin and go is something I like to play so that's a plus too.

P

Pokerencyclopedia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
stayawayfromit

Anybody can tell me about this kind of game?
I will never won Spin&Go games.. (
What kind of strategy are need to play them?

simple: the spin is 99% of time 2 times the BI so you cant beat the rake on the long run.
for strategy its 3 handed so your play is close to HUSNG

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play a wider range of cards in Spin&go.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night i wanted to go to bed played bounty bilder 7.5k gtd tour finish 189 and i was out of focus but i wanted to play one 0.25ent Spin'n'go. And prize pool were 6.25$ 1st time i got that prize on sng 0.25cent . And finished 2nd after i called all in with AQ and player had 10,9 flop were i think 3,8,8 turn K and river 9. :D Thats poker after all..

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strategy is to be aggressive in the right hand, and wait on that hand eliminate some of the opponent

M

Mark200218

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate hate hate hate the spin and goes however i love them at the same time. They can be so stressful getting bad beat after bad beat. It truly has a lot to do with luck you have to get that good hand and you have to hit. AA KK QQ don't get mad when you lose with them cuz people will call with BS hands and suck out all the time, But just remember when you win you more then likely did the same thing to win so you cant get too mad about it.

just my 2 cents

mihaste

mihaste

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
play aggressive as possible , always playing hands

malyshanya

malyshanya

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me spin and Go is the roulette, you first climb and then quickly spuchkaesh everything back (at the lower limits a lot of fish, kotoryya immediately goes Ollin, and it arrives just a lot of things!

L

LalaBliss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play Spin&Go you need to be very aggressive and to be a good bluffer. You will be amazed how you can manage to make opponents fold even if you have 7 and 2 in pocket. It is mostly a game of strategy and a little bit of luck. Make sure that you raise on the blind when you are on the button position and then continue betting if you are sure that you can pressure the players to fold. Good luck! :)

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
!

Hi.
Important rule that is always active when the effective stack is less than 3 bb, you go all-in with all hands!

max_cool20

max_cool20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to play tight and aggressive,this is the strategy

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people may disagree but if youre playing poker for profit and not for fun I would highly recommend you stay away from spinners!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I thing when start the play you need play tight and study your oponents by every hand you play obtain good result. And play agressive when you will be bigstack.

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of spins and never won a prize more than 10x

M

MaxMx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin and goes can be a very good way to make one dollar in for example 4/6 in one spin. You just need to remember that the odds that this happens is 10%, and after that you still need to win the game. That makes the odds that you will win 1/3. That gives you a 3.33 % to win more then the total buyins in one spin and go.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but honestly, this math doesn't make sense to me.
Why did you exclude 2-buy-ins prize pools from consideration? That move narrowed your calculations to only 10% of the possible outcomes. However even 2-buy-ins prize pool can give you 100% ROI, if you win of course. And 4 buy-ins jackpot means 300% ROI.
Even if we simplify the math and assume that there are only 2 option for prizes (2 buy-ins with 90% probability and 4 buy-ins in 10% of cases) then we will have an average prize pool equal 2.2 Buy-ins (2*0.9+4*0.1), which means potential of 120% ROI.
Thereby, we need to win at least 45.5 out of 100 to stay profitable. Actual figure is even less due to likelihood of bigger jackpots. But even this one is not so far from your estimation of 33%. No doubts that skilled player can make that difference.
Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaking.

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be agressive playing more hands than normal tables six and 9max. Get notes from the enemies and dont get out the control from your bankroll.

M

MaxMx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... and dont get out the control from your bankroll.

This is really good point. Spin&go games imply much greater dispersion, which means you will more often face bad beats and extended downswings. So be prepared for it in terms of your bankroll.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really good point. Spin&go games imply much greater dispersion, which means you will more often face bad beats and extended downswings. So be prepared for it in terms of your bankroll.

Yep, adding to this, you will get spells of having nothing but 2x and 4x games or times when you just can't seem to win 10x+ games, since the 2x is basically unprofitable be prepared to go on massive losing streaks, so minimum 100 buyins i wouldn't be happy unless i had 200 just so i didn't notice the losing streaks as much.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the Jackpot games on ACR which is the same as the Spin & Go games. The 4X and 6X games come up often enough to make these games +ev if played aggressively. I usually only play a few of these when I'm bored and just want a quick game.

P

penkov1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes wins, sometimes loose this is poker. play aggressive, but be careful, cause sometimes if you haven`t luck, even with very good hand you may loose. For example i had pair of kings or aces and someone with pair of 2 3 4... make 3 of kind. so play aggressive and careful. When you at the button- play all in with any kind.

M

MaxMx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play aggressive and careful. When you at the button- play all in with any kind.

Play careful and go all in every time you are on the button? How these recommendations can go together?
If you go all-in too often you will be caught by a player who can be patient and wait. You must play aggressive in Spin&Go, but playing all in every third or even second hand seems to be over the top.

dan5379

dan5379

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with a few of the comments, that say you need to have an aggressive strategy. It's the only way in a short handed game. Be lucky.

Top 10 Games