Are spin & go $ 0.25 profitable?

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say not really, I've watched courtnybee get hammered playing solid cards. With 500 chips people seem to go manic at around half stack and load the all in button. Then its just spin the coin stuff. So many bad beats when leading / closing out it does nothing for your nerves 😓

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish to no play these spin 'n go's no more, it's such a waste of money and time, I become angry when I play this type of game, I wish to remove this from pokerstars :))))

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember from the backs I picked up $ 53 from $ 1 and then decided to go higher by backs at $ 3 for $ 5 and then lost everything) in the beginning it gives you a win and then you do not ... As for whom krch)

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People in this thread are obviously only talking about their own experiences with spin n gos, limited experience which leads them to believe one or the other thing.
There are professional spin n go players, so IT IS PROFITABLE if you are good enough. At the higher spin n go levels the rake is 6%, and at 25c and 1$ spins it's 8% rake. But the higher rake at the micro stakes spin n gos is made up for by the terrible players that reside there.
I have played a few hundred of the 1$ spin n gos over the last few months, and I think I'm up between 50-100 bucks on spins over this time. I might obviously just be well above the EV, so if you ask me what I think about spin n gos I will say: Play them, they are awesome! Again, as I said, the answer will be different depending on who you ask.
Spin n gos is a hit for me for 3 reasons: They are fun, fast, and I get to practice short handed play, which is always an area you'd want to improve in your holdem game :)

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it spin poker? Wash is the same lottery buy, hyper turbo + 3 people, play better in the usual 0.25 tournaments, the chances are much more to win, then from this money to further develop, I myself started with free 0.10 turbo 360 people, I remember 2-3 times with 1- 3 place took, and then began to play quietly, I think that a good amount can be won only in a multi-table tournament, judging by himself.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe Yes because many players are not serious about the game when playing on very little money

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe Yes because many players are not serious about the game when playing on very little money

How can it be otherwise related to a hyper turbo with a short stack, well, it's ridiculous, in my opinion, money is to the wind, although someone can win on this, but I do not think that there are many such

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
INGLÉS
Is good option to play spin 0.25, but I recommend tournaments of 0.10 where the prizes are more profitable and your style will improve for when you add level and your bankrol is bigger

K

kristi255

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's profitable. If they know how to play this quick way to increase bankroll. It's not worth waiting for some big winnings for the times. And so play with the mind and everything will turn out)

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to make profit on spin&go you have to win at least 40% of the games.
Here are my calculations for 1000 spin&go games:
View attachment spingo.pdf

There is a 4 charts for 20%, 30%, 40% and 50% of games won, it's little bit chaotic, but I was hurry.
ITM = In the money = 1st place ofc

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not really like spin and go because most of the time I do not like to play tournaments or even cash games.

L

leonardovilela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really profitable. Most of the time you'll have a $0,50 prize pool, which means 1/3 of rake (total $1,50). Besides, you start short stacked, so you're gonna need a lot more luck than skills.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't often play them, but at $0.25, when I play solid, I generally make small profit. So, play 6 and make net 25 cents, but it is very long process unless you get real lucky and hit a big multiplier. Playing with $.80 on cash table can be profitable, but you have to get lucky with such a small roll. All it takes is one bad beat to knock you out. $.10 sit n gos also require some luck to make the money, but it does give you more chances with a small bankroll. But as indicated earlier, variance is much higher than spin n go. Another factor to consider is that if you can break even, you earn fpp's and starscoins which you can use to purchase tournament tickets.

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can be, it depends on various reasons, such as if you're good at Heads up, if you play a lot of volume and you have a sufficient bankroll because there are ups and downs and if you don't tilt easily as you'll see a LOT of donks.

You also need patience and a bit of luck searching for that better prize. For example if you play $1 spins usually your prize will be $2 which isn't good ROI, but if you stick to it, it's not uncommon to hit $4 and $6 prizes which will boost your bankroll if you win them.

L

lonythedude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that 025 are pretty easy but im unlucky and never hit any bigger than x6

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be profitable and you will learn a lot playing it. It's profitable because if you play well you will win 1 in 2 or 3 times, which is great since sometimes the prize can go to 1 dolar or even more if you gat lucky. And learn a lot because you will face heads up situations most of the time, so you will become able to find some spots to make some moves and to extract chips wisely if you pay attention. I played some spin and go's for a while and I could get some money, like about 4 or 5 dollars, but I just played for some days or esporadically, so I can't say in the long term what it's like. But I firmly recommend, good luck

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not been profitable ...

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost my $20 bankroll playing spin n gos. It was very addictive and I was trying to win back my lost money.

And if you keep on playing one game after anther, it'll get very frustrating and expensive.
Rarely does a good multiplier come up and even then it's very hard to win cause most of the time it depends on luck.

At least that's my experience and I'll never play spin n gos

LCool888

LCool888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they could be but there's a LOT of variance.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No spin n go is profitable. Play sit n go and improve your game.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way they can be profitable is if you hit good multipliers the same with blasts on 888 poker. Example I played over 1000 blast since the start of the year and broke even biggest multiplier hit was a 10x.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they're fun and exciting, but not the best way to win big.