SnG Grinders, please give me some tips and fix my leaks. STT Video.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked this thread. More people should read it.

bump.jpg

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What software do you use to record a session or whatever? I might pick one of the 18's I played recently and record a hand review. Get input on my play and also (hopefully) demonstrate what a bit of big-stack-bully looks like on the bubble.

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that I enjoyed watching the vids and then reading the critiques here. I actually learned something today so I consider that a plus for my game.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What software do you use to record a session or whatever? I might pick one of the 18's I played recently and record a hand review. Get input on my play and also (hopefully) demonstrate what a bit of big-stack-bully looks like on the bubble.

camtasia is pretty big

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah camtasia. You get a free trail to see if you like it first, I forgot how long the trial is for though!

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that I enjoyed watching the vids and then reading the critiques here. I actually learned something today so I consider that a plus for my game.

Thats good. Yeah I noticed how badly I played really in hindsight, you don't know until someone actually sees you playing and pointing out why you should or shoulden't of done something in a particular hand. It was good all round and really appricate all the replies I got from everyone!

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats man on all the help your getting and advice, I think these vids was a great idea. Now i'm not the one that should be giving out advice but out of your first video there is 2 or 3 things I would have did different.

One, raise with AQ instead folding. I know you was in first position but AQ is still a top 10-15 hand pre-flop plus most people had been folding to your raises anyway.

Two, I wouldn't have called with 9's. I probably just would have folded, maybe re-raise but if the guy is going to raise the pot then he more than likely will call a re-raise or raise you back...pocket 9's usually is not a hand that flops well since your chance of hitting trips are slim and there are a lot of chances a card higher than a 9 is going to come out, in your case two did (10, A.)

Three, maybe just limp with 10 9 suited...I know a lot of people will say "if you hand is good enough to limp then its good enough to raise" but I think you only had the SB and BB to act after you so you have good chances of that it will not get re-raised and you can see a flop for not a bad price plus if you do get raised or like that guy with the small stack pushing you can just fold without being so pot committed.

Thats just some different things to think about. I totally understand folding AQ since you was first to act and I can see your raise with 10 9 suited since you might be able to steal the blinds. To be honest I can't see that call with 9's at all...thats the only thing I see as a bad play in your first vid.

Don't look into what I would do too much though, i'm still learning a lot as well and i'm positive that most of the poster's above me know more than I do. Just trying to give you some different ways too look at your plays.

I will be watching videos 2 and 3 a little later.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great responses i'll read through these later as i see some great advice.

Firstly, do people not think calling with 99 in position against and UTG raise is a good idea? He's repping AQs, AK, AA, KK, QQ and maybe JJ. That means if we hit our set, we can pretty much capture his whole stack (so the implied odds are huge).
I just ran the 44 UTG hand through SNG Wizard (when you're 4 handed), and your minimal shoving range here is 99+, AQ+ or AJs+.

Lastly, Moshman doesn't say you should be pushing ATC when your <10BB, he just says if you did come in for a raise, it'd be for all your chips rather than just the 3x BB. So dont shove ATC just coz your <10bb.

Nice vid, might give it a go soon :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One, raise with AQ instead folding. I know you was in first position but AQ is still a top 10-15 hand pre-flop plus most people had been folding to your raises anyway.

Started writing somthing longer but instead I'll ask the following questions:

- What do you want to happen when you raise this hand UTG?

- What's your plan for the hand if you get called by one person in late position? How about if you get called by one person in late position and the big blind?

- What's your plan if someone three-bets preflop?

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started writing somthing longer but instead I'll ask the following questions:

- What do you want to happen when you raise this hand UTG?

- What's your plan for the hand if you get called by one person in late position? How about if you get called by one person in late position and the big blind?

- What's your plan if someone three-bets preflop?

For your first question, two different things I would want too happen. One everybody fold you collect the blinds or if you see flop hope it goes your way. Even if your only going against one person maybe a continuation bet would be enough to take it.

For question two, it depends on the flop. If its something like 2 2 4 rainbow or 5 7 10 rainbow then I would throw out a continuation bet seeing theres not a lot that could hit for anybody, and maybe you flop top pair and get the best hand.

For question 3, more than likely fold. If you been playing at the table for awhile and you knows it is a very loose player than maybe re-raise, or if he throws out a small re-raise something close to min-raising and its only going to be you and one more person to a flop then I would consider calling but in most cases fold.

AQ is a good hand pre-flop. If you are first to act I can see folding it, but I can also see raising as well.

E

engman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up and if you play lower ranked hands, try to play them in position.

Poker Tips