SNG Equity & ROI: Understanding Key Poker Tournament Concepts (VIDEO)

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Good question on equity in a freeroll!

The answer is that there isn't an effect besides a different way of calculating.

For example, suppose there's a $50 freeroll with 100 entrants. The average player has equity of $0.50. That's true whether it's a freeroll or everyone put up the money to buy in. ICM calculations will be the same too. So it's a nice result!

Awww [emoji4] that’s really nice to hear, thank you!

Nice introduction video to ROI and equity I always get confused when someone says I have good equity so I should Pay with this hand here (on poker streams, videos,etc).

So my question is: How do I know if I have enough Equity or not ? if you could give me an example that would be awesome thanks for the video !

I

Iamfishieee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My previous post was deleted because I guess it required more in depth knowledge of these concepts....

Simple and basic video on the concepts of roi and icm.

It would have been nice if you went a into a little more detail about icm and how it translates to real world value and how you can use it to make better decisions in different stages of an mtt....

A nice definition is the independent chip model assigns $ value to your chip stack in a tournament

ICM doens't apply to cash games but applies to MT SNG, MTT, SSS strategy and at CAP tables.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting video.

If i use a satellite to gain access to the tournament. e.i. a $2,2 tournament and I get a ticket by a satellite of $ 0,30 my ROI must go up.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another great video that breaks down a part of the game that is often overlooked and undervalued. There are some terrific ROI calculators available on the net and I like to use ICMizer and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to dive deeper into ICM.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good and very easy-to-explain video, one of the most valuable parts of poker. Many thanks to Colleen and Katie for the video!

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for explaining, I play SnG but not too much, recreative :D .. If I ever decide to play poker more serious and constant, I'll take a closer look at each of your videos!!

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good understand of explained very well about equity and it's important concept . These tools that we often leave aside, are very important to become professional in poker. I particularly liked it a lot, but I have some difficulty in following standards and with time in practice I am good at it.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These tools and concepts have helped me in poker, but sometimes with adrenaline I end up forgetting about these game strategies that make a difference.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I understand little about the language, I understand only a general summary that high stakes ROI are most affected, because the risk is greater. Selecting the best tournaments compatible with my game level will help me increase my profit. I think that we still need to study this more closely if we want to be successful in poker tournaments in the future. I need some reading indication to better understand which style of play would be most profitable for me.