Shove or fold

N

Narcizzist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I hit ten big blinds I'll shove with anything half decent really. Even a high card on it's own.

There's no point just ambling along.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for what?

Your stack to get even smaller?

If we re not talking about very early stages of the game when 10BB seem to be hopeless already, 10 BB allows you to go through at least 2 more rounds (18 hands) before shoving all-in is a must.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Otsidet'sya do top pary i v oln-i ty proydesh' daleko v turnire !!!

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your hand and tournament speed.
In late stage you should rather go all-in with good hands, cause in case of 1 vs 1 you will earn more money with bigger stack.
It also depends on prizes and your position in that tournament. You must have some experience or just follow open push charts.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your in school you learn from books to give a foundation of knowledge. Once you're in the real world, one learns that life is hardly ever "textbook". Don't take written word as the law but a foundation of that knowledge. You also have to realize that this guy was pre-internet poker.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To be honest if you want to maintain a healthy stack and make the precious final table you should consider shoving even with 15+bbs or at least wait for re steal spots with this chip stack.

With 5bbs you have only one move,shove. 5bbs is such a small amount of chips. You will double up and then what? With 10bbs you won't have the proper stack to play postflop. I believe you got my point here. Good Luck!

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12BB or less its a mistake to raise fold, so if you're willing to raise it, you should be willing to go all in with it,

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we re not talking about very early stages of the game when 10BB seem to be hopeless already, 10 BB allows you to go through at least 2 more rounds (18 hands) before shoving all-in is a must.
At least you don't have to pay for antes in the early stages.

Lets say it's a 9 seat MTT. Blinds + antes are: .5 BB/1 BB/.10 BB-so, in a full rotation, you're 2.4 BBs total. Do that twice and you're paying 4.8 BBs. If you have 10 BBs and wait 2 rotations, you're shoving with only 5.2 BB...

Shoving is already must at 10 BBs. Don't wait until you have zero fold equity before you jam. It's silly.

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online tourneys i usually shove or fold with 15bb

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
5 M or 10 BB are just fine to shove , less cause many problems . The problem is to choose the right hands at the right positions for every remaining stack size , the existing shove fold charts are not always helpfull I think :)

Folding in Poker