Should you ever limp?

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Small Blind if its all folded to me I might sometimes limp to see the flop if BB doesn't raise.

And if a few have already limped and I'm in a late position with OK but not good hands I might limp a hand I'd normally fold to see if I can get value if there's a good flop for me.

But other than that, if I'm not in a blind position or following others I'm increasingly trying not to ever limp, whatever stage of the tournament. If I've got a good enough hand to go into the pot, then I'm going to make the BB pay to see the flop. If I don't have a good enough hand to raise, I'm trying more often to fold.

Is there for you a stage in a tournament when it makes sense to limp from an early or middle position?

I would recommend to you at a table full of aggressive players to limp with the best hands ...

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know sometimes limping can help you trap certain players, limping to set-mind is also a thing. Honestly, “it’s poker” … 😂

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also prefer to raise then limp when in SB , or just fold . Very rarely I limp in those spots , unless there are already limpers in pot , then I might limp too and try to see the flop as cheaply as possible . Also depends what type of opponent are you up against , and how he react when he's in BB . But most of the times , its just fold for me .