Chips
mORE OF A POSITION THING imho

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a good day today. Two first places and a bunch of ft finishes in sng's. MTT sesh is starting later.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am mostly playing the FirstDeposit freerolls on Merge this week.
I am real happy about my results in them. My best is a 2nd place and I won $81 and so far I have won money in them 5 times and only didn't win money in one of them. I even won $11 in one of them and I did not even play in it (I signed up but couldnot play it because my daughter woke up from her nap and I could not find a babysitter). That was a nice surprise.
The best was getting a 2nd place. I think I was shaking for over two hours after it was over:D
I have tried playing some of the 1cent,2cent blinds on pokerstars cash tables but so far I am not doing good in them and not really liking it very much so I think I am going to try to be a tournament player for now and will just try to get better at them.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've forgotten how to win at poker and lost like $100 in last few days. Been suffering badly from FPS.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've forgotten how to win at poker and lost like $100 in last few days. Been suffering badly from FPS.

ul m8, but, what's FPS?

Trying to sort out a plan for my sng's. The current aim is to move up to the 1.00 turbos when I have 100BI, but is that too nitty?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fancy play syndrome. I basically get overly creative against ABC players. I do stuff like c-bet K92 board and then check/shove A turn with air presuming he takes the line of thought he should do and bet/folds more or less all his hands except 9x.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
someone organize skype, or add me into existing thread

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am mostly playing the FirstDeposit Freerolls on Merge this week.
I am real happy about my results in them. My best is a 2nd place and I won $81 and so far I have won money in them 5 times and only didn't win money in one of them.
The best was getting a 2nd place. I think I was shaking for over two hours after it was over:D
Way to go Maddie!!! That is soooo awesome!
I'm super proud of your results so far & very cool that you're making the most out of those 'First Depositor $500 Freerolls' (I don't think I've ever cashed in any of those Freerolls before).

Did you play in one today? How did it go?
(sorry I couldn't babysit for you tonight)

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrific day of laziness. Played four sng's with only one mincash and no mtt's. Gonna do a full 24 hour grind tomorrow tho.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way to go Maddie!!! That is soooo awesome!
I'm super proud of your results so far & very cool that you're making the most out of those 'First Depositor $500 Freerolls' (I don't think I've ever cashed in any of those Freerolls before).

Did you play in one today? How did it go?
(sorry I couldn't babysit for you tonight)
Thank you! I am real happy with how it is going so far.
I played another one yesterday and again today. Got a 9th and a last place. But won another $11

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol hand from today.

poker stars $0.45+$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 1891291
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t1510 15.10 BBs
UTG: t1185 11.85 BBs
UTG+1: t1935 19.35 BBs
Hero (MP1): t2827 28.27 BBs
MP2: t1420 14.20 BBs
CO: t3570 35.70 BBs
BTN: t1208 12.08 BBs
SB: t3590 35.90 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is MP1 with A
heart.gif
Q
heart.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to t250, MP2 calls t250, 2 folds, SB calls t200, 1 fold

Flop: (t850) 5
diamond.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t475, MP2 raises to t1170 all in, SB folds, Hero calls t695

Turn: (t3190) K
spade.gif
(2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t3190) J
spade.gif
(2 players - 1 is all in)

MP shows :kd4: :qd4:

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ultimate grinding music...............

Found english version.

Last edited:
D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty tilted atm. Tried to increase the number of tables I play and dropped 30BI. Completely killed off my profit. Couldn't get flips in the right spot, couldn't win 60/40's, JJ kept running into overpairs; and now I'm gonna have to drop back down to 25c 90 mans.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I just moved into my new house in Sheffield. Was scheduled to play a money added WCOOP sat. Anyway first night back at Uni 2 issues: 1. I'm gonna go visit a lot of people and 2. I have no Internet!

Anyway I mingled and rekindled and went to a friends house. Played there and smoked shisha a bit. Then, early doors, my battery started dying. So I trekked back to mine. Grabbed my charger and mingled with my friends a bit (knocked Pascal out on the way (GG) and after I'd loaded up headed back.

Anyway long story short I came 3rd- good for a WCOOP ticket (way out of BRM) and $77 or so to boot. I'm very Drubk now, bit I thoUghy you'd like to know what sober me. Did! Bye.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
WTG on the WCOOP ticket!
I came up short > 8th :( (AK < AA)
just before final table KK < TT & AK chopped with KTo (both aipf) :(
Was a fun game though. Was cool to get the oppurtunity to play in it :)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I've been grinding cash for a couple months now, but been getting back into donkaments and will actually be playing the $125k Sunday GTD. on Merge this coming Sunday...

So I guess I'm in! :)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I've been grinding cash for a couple months now, but been getting back into donkaments and will actually be playing the $125k Sunday GTD. on Merge this coming Sunday...

So I guess I'm in! :)

boom! how did the cash go?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I've progressed a ton as a player in that time, but as always with pokers, it's been a lot of ups and downs.

I was staked at 4nl (mostly for coaching/starting BR purposes) at BCP and went off stake after 35k hands. I hadn't profited much since I started in a 10 BI downswing/bad play-swing, but rakeback allowed me to move up to 10nl. Been at 10 ever since, and recently shot-took 25nl where I lost 10 BIs (2 different shot-taking outings). I then proceeded to play 10nl some more and went on a 10 BI downswing there (I had been up 15 BIs after about 15k hands).

So atm my roll is the lowest it's been in quite some time, but I believe I've learned a lot and am ready to keep grinding out 10nl through this stretch.

Ironically, it's been the occasional tourneys that have kept my BR as respectable as it is right now... Variance confuses me :)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea iv considered playing cash from time to time, but ended up deciding i wanted to do tournaments properly and signed up for a MTT training site and havent really considered cash other than live since. end goal is id like to be a part time high stakes tourney reg eventually

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea iv considered playing cash from time to time, but ended up deciding i wanted to do tournaments properly and signed up for a MTT training site and havent really considered cash other than live since. end goal is id like to be a part time high stakes tourney reg eventually

Sounds awesome!!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTG on the WCOOP ticket!
I came up short > 8th :( (AK < AA)
just before final table KK < TT & AK chopped with KTo (both aipf) :(
Was a fun game though. Was cool to get the oppurtunity to play in it :)

Yah, saw that. Was a gross way to go. I was lucky to get as far as I did, but it was a nice way to end considering my friends were lambasting me for playing on my first day back!

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

tbf, assuming you're a winning high stakes mtt reg, doesn't that put your average income in the 6 figures? There aren't many jobs where you'll earn more than that.