ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Downloaded the HH. It's in the same format that naruto posted. The Universal-Replayer site seems to be down. I'll try it again later.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
thats the merge raw HH (****ing ugly i know) download Universal Replayer off the net (its bug free i can vouch for it) and open it, run it, click file convert HH, (input this file) click load and it should open the whole tournament for you to browse through, hands will be numbered in the top right.

everything is good until this step....
It's been "parsing data" for like 2hrs now.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
should say 24whatever hands successfully parsed, then click save then click launch

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
should say 24whatever hands successfully parsed, then click save then click launch

It's not happenin lol. Sorry Scourrge, I'll take a look if I ever get it.

***edit: nvm I just entered it as text and copy/pasted the entire tournament ha. I got it.

Last edited:
ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm working on it. Up to hand 84. Probably have it tonight.

I'm curious tho how you didnt comment on hand 56??

Last edited:
ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
[56/215]
##########################################
Merge Network Game 61416737-56 / Tournament
Table 2 -
Blinds : 60/120
##########################################
9 players
[SB] krushur (9955)
[BB] EIIieMay (10330)
[1] MoveItLikeMcBurney (11911)
[2] bowser125 (10255)
[3] Laur414 (11790)
[4] ReiGing (18460)
[5] wildwilly69 (8240)
[6] 1cowboytx (11862)
[But] INDRIDCOLE (7142)
krushur A
spade.gif
heart.gif
Initial Pot: 180

MoveItLikeMcBurney folds
bowser125 folds
Laur414 calls 120
ReiGing calls 120
wildwilly69 folds
1cowboytx folds
INDRIDCOLE calls 120
Hero krushur folds
EIIieMay checks

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very little value in completing, and i think they are tight enough that their limping range is too strong to raise, bet ,bet profitably.

think folding is fine

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
very little value in completing, and i think they are tight enough that their limping range is too strong to raise, bet ,bet profitably.

think folding is fine

9:1 on a call. A5o or not I'm flatting.

*position doesn't matter with those odds sitting that deep imo

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Scourrge's $125k HH Review

5/A10o- 3x all hands this early. Normally you should 3x until 25/50 but I would be 3x'ing all the way through 50/100 when everyone is DS'ed like this.

11/T9o- I really like this raise bc were in position with a very playable hand. By raising here even if he flats we can rep a large % of the board (Any ace or King, obviously anything that hits us as well) Really the only bad flop for us in this spot is 7hi or worse.

31/A6o- Open for 145-160. These are the spots you should be looking for(late position open w/ Ax)

39/88- Ideal spot for a 3b. Probly shuts him down on that flop unless he is holding AK or AQ. And he is most likely not looking for action when he opens for 3.5x. Flatting with position is acceptable tho.

43/AA- Open raise was a little too big. I'd go 180-185. This is where you can capitalize on your image. If you make it to showdown and the table can see you've opened 2.2x with AA they will respect the "min" raise from you in hands to come. Don't mind the 1/2 pot c-bet.

47/KQo- Bet sizing. This is where your 180-185 opening raises should be happening. Otf I would bet more (around 270-320) bc a flop with this texture can get you action from a lot of weaker or drawing hands. OTT This is when I'd check/call, OTR check/call. Reason being his folding range is astronomical so we just want him to try and take it. It also looks like we've just c-bet on the flop w/ air. When you have the nuts, try to induce the bluff.

56/A5o- I'm just hoping that was a misclick and that you didn't fold A5o in the sb with 3 limpers.

66/A3o- It's not required but if ever and opportunity to 3b light this is it. Raise to about 525 and you have position on everyone. If anyone flats, then you generally want to try and take it down otf assuming you haven't flopped a monster.

69/66- Great bet sizing

73/AQo- Flat is just ok. Another good opportunity to 3b to anywhere around 750-975, especially when his raise is 2x even. The thing you have to notice is in MTT's, c-bets are almost inevitable. The way to avoid them is by taking the action preflop. You may be losing more in any given hand by doing this but in this case if he flats the 3b and you c-bet you will tid more times than not.

84/A10o- Well done.

102/J10o- not a bad 3b spot. obv fold is ok.

103/A5o- definitely should be opening the pot up in lp. 575-625 here.

107/44- I wouldn't recommend opening exactly 2x. You're pricing in the bb with any two especially w/ antes (which is obv a good thing but it also makes villain hand unknown). As stated previously, at this stage I'd open about 575

113/A2o- Strange we're opening. Obv fold vs 3bet. And very hard to play postflop if we're oop. worked out tho.

121/AQo- this is when I noticed bet sizing is consistent (which is good) but slighty too small. (ok you wont hear me complain about a 2x anymore). And I probably flat otf and raise the ott. If the turn was blank enough I may even flat/bet ott bet/raise otr.

129/A10s- well played. cbet that flop is pretty standard.

132/99- hey there is a good raise :) cbet otf is a little too light.(< 1/2 pot)

139/A2o- Idk lol. Interesting. Nice hand tho.

141/64s- Playable hand but I'm folding here. Position is too early.

142/K10s- Now we're spewing. 25bbs we dont need to open these hands. Even tho I like the bet sizing you need to be careful when your consistently "min raising". 50 chips one way or the other is enough to give information preflop. You should pick your opening raise for each level and be consistent.

146/K2o- I like....these are the spots we should be looking for.

157/A9o- This is where light cbets can harm you. Still ahead of some his ai range (ex.qj or fd). I'm most checking down here bc he can't really ship otr if he decides not to bet ott and we can call a vbet/bluff otr if his drawing range misses.

159/A7o- not a spot to open imo. We've gotten extremely lucky twice in this hand. The first was having this idiot flat AK pre and we obv fold vs 3b. The second was flopping 2pr. Boy did it pay off tho.

162/A10o- 4bet pre is an option. wouldnt bet otf

163/A3o- Another hand my jaw dropped when I didnt see you complete the sb pre.

164/53s- I like this 3b spot bc we are in perfect position vs flat and generally speaking, we get to rep both ends of the board (if that makes sense)

168/A8o- probably not lol

171/A8s- I like. You can 3b heavier tho. if you would open for 2.2-2.5x, then your 3b should be around 2.8x min. cbet is too light as well.

172/KQo- Pretty sexy.

175/A2o- Not gonna say incorrect but we dont have to take spots like this with 50bbs. Patience.

179/K9o- Never picking this spot. Wooof! As played you need to rep that flop. Turn was a miracle, wait for river and your more likely to get value.

181/AQc- Probably the best spot for you 2x raise. This is where your betting starts to indicate your hand strength.

182/A10o- Ballsy but I probably make the same call. This is a benefit of consistentely raising small. You get ppl to make moves when we kno our hand is unknown to them. just unlucky.

184/66- Flatting is good. 4b is better. I generally think ppl who 3.5x at this level aren't looking for action. Never folding here with position.

195/KQo- I personally would nit up in ep with 20bbs. seems like were just trying to catch up when we can still afford to be patient. better spots.

202/AJd- standard. nh

208/99- standard. small raise is fine too

215/KJo- pretty loose utg. would've made more sense middle to late pos. If blinds pass through you, then you still have 10+bbs to find a better spot than KJo vs 8 hands to act.

Biggest Points:
-Bet sizing
-Consistency
-Find your 3b
-position awareness

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Response to Ovitoo's review

5/A

11/A

31/ 3x pre imo

39/ horrible spot for a 3bet, strongly disagree

43/ still 3x pre, think slightly bigger on flop but no biggie.

47/ open raise size was fine imo, think this deep flop sizing should be bigger n general but consistent is fine.

56/ its a reeky gross hand v their ranges so i would rather iso than complete, but not the worst complete in the world.

66/ its a limped pot not a raised pot and im fine with folding, Id rather iso with hands that flop well and don't have massive RIO

73/ 3betting for value, not as a bluff.

84/A

102/A

107/A

107/ think min is fine is we are consistently doing it at 40bb eff, not if we are sizing according to hand strength which it seems we are

113/ std open

121/ id be flatting a normal lead, not a min bet tho.

129/ A

132/ i like cbetting size since we would do that with all our air.

139/ seems fine to me

141/ fine based on game flow

142/ think opening here is fine, otherwise agree

146/A

157/ think this is a pretty std bet, we don't have showdown value and checking back caps our range. he is a weak passive and just had it, it happens.

162/ it would be a 3bet pre, and i wouldn't love it, it rather call and check it down with shorty all in.

163/ don't think folding pre is that bad.

164/ im not issuing limpets this weak, im going to raise a playable iso range, not air balls since limpets typically don't like to fold.

168/ think its fine

171/ bet sizing is perfect.

175/ think this is a great spot

179/ never checking back turn

181/ its pretty standard to raise bigger BVB than every other position, largely due to it being the only spot where BB can flat with a discounted price in position

182/A

184/ really? super standard fold he is nutted and we don't have deep enough stacks to setmine.

195/ id be opening there

202/A

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
@duggs
From what I can see, Its good that we agree on a lot bc I respect your game. One thing that we were seperated by is our opening range. Your style is very good for a nitty table (which a lot of mtts are as you move up, including this one). I use it myself. I just didnt critique along those lines as this style is hard to teach the average player and I wouldn't invite someone to learn while they are horsing other players money. I'll do a more elaborate comparison in time if necessary.

And #39 I knew when I went back and reread my review this would stand out as possibly incorrect. The statement "He is most likely not looking for action when he opens 3.5x" looks very stupid out of context. I probably should've elaborated more and if you want to talk this hand specifically we can go over it on skype sometime.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean at this point I don't have too much else to add/argue, since you guys are obv much more experienced and better tourney players than I am.

Thanks so much for your input. It's especially nice to have the both of you with responses and to see them mostly line up - gives some good, consistent stuff that's concrete enough for me to try to put into practice. :)

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I mean at this point I don't have too much else to add/argue, since you guys are obv much more experienced and better tourney players than I am.

Thanks so much for your input. It's especially nice to have the both of you with responses and to see them mostly line up - gives some good, consistent stuff that's concrete enough for me to try to put into practice. :)

+1 Your welcome. Much better lol.

If you need help again feel free to ask.