SCOOP 2021, Tournament $1,5M guaranteed (530$ Buy-in)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I saw this late, my advice would have been to watch out for Lex, Fintan, Spraggy & co. and say 'Hi!' if you see them! :wavey:

:laugh:

Don't fret that your first foray into online high-rollers didn't go as hoped. :eek:

You have learned a very valuable lesson which we all usually learn the first time we satellite into a tournament well above our pay-grade.

That is...

Our game is what got us there, if we consciously or subconsciously change that for any reason (be it intimidation or the thought of the money or whatever), then we are no longer using our strategy which won us the ticket in the first place.

This is a very valuable lesson to learn firsthand (we can be told this ahead of time and it is still not necessarily easy to understand and implement until we experience it ourselves) and means when we get a second bite of the cherry we are better equipped to succeed.

tl;dr: We live and learn! :wink:

A little song for you:

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this late, my advice would have been to watch out for Lex, Fintan, Spraggy & co. and say 'Hi!' if you see them! :wavey:

:laugh:

Don't fret that your first foray into online high-rollers didn't go as hoped. :eek:

You have learned a very valuable lesson which we all usually learn the first time we satellite into a tournament well above our pay-grade.

That is...

Our game is what got us there, if we consciously or subconsciously change that for any reason (be it intimidation or the thought of the money or whatever), then we are no longer using our strategy which won us the ticket in the first place.

This is a very valuable lesson to learn firsthand (we can be told this ahead of time and it is still not necessarily easy to understand and implement until we experience it ourselves) and means when we get a second bite of the cherry we are better equipped to succeed.

tl;dr: We live and learn! :wink:

A little song for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXW-sL5gzHQ

You get it as it is, well said and cheers for the next time ;)
Thanks for the song :D

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With J6s and he made str 23456 !

Anyway i played so bad last Sunday full of fear! i folded more than i should and raised less, as a first time 530$ buy-in i learn that what ever the buy-in i just need to play poker.

Then next time just play! ;)