SCOOP 2021, Tournament $1,5M guaranteed (530$ Buy-in)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was free to play this right? So,,,don't be nervous,,,you have nothing to lose,and everything to gain.$$$ ;) Player's who have $530 to play don't play stupidly,meaning you can take chances that they would't,,so you have an advantage here,,,use it. :deal:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what's the date of the tournament?Perhaps you have time to prepare ?

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was free to play this right? So,,,don't be nervous,,,you have nothing to lose,and everything to gain.$$$ ;) Player's who have $530 to play don't play stupidly,meaning you can take chances that they would't,,so you have an advantage here,,,use it. :deal:

Thanks, so No fear No stress ;)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 days tournament, Start in the next Sunday
My advice in addition to training for such tournaments is to get a good night's sleep.Focus only on the tournament-remove all unnecessary problems from your mind or forget about them for a while.Ask your friends and family not to disturb you.get energized before the competition.Good luck-try to get into ITM.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice in addition to training for such tournaments is to get a good night's sleep.Focus only on the tournament-remove all unnecessary problems from your mind or forget about them for a while.Ask your friends and family not to disturb you.get energized before the competition.Good luck-try to get into ITM.

Appreciate that, thanks a lot <3

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the way you always play,just enjoy the game, good luck!

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,
Any advice for my first time 1.5M Tournament ?

I win the 530$ SCOOP Ticket from Freeroll, i end up 10/24k.

I went through this last year at Stadium Series, i won an 200$ ticket from the twitch freeroll
I advise you not to go for the main event, but go for the PKO 500K GTD
In the main event the field is bigger and harder = more variance and less chances to get ITM
In the bounty there are more recreational players and you have more chances to knockout someone = massive profit from 0$ investment (so even if you get busted in a cooler or something like that you still get for some bounties)
+ more chances to get ITM --> in the PKO there are more recreational players and they play looser
Congratulations for the freeroll and GL!

I was a micro MTT player, so i played very tight but still won 3 bounties playing strong hands (you see a lot of people desperate so double up so they can play for the bounties)

Last edited:
lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went through this last year at Stadium Series, i won an 200$ ticket from the twitch freeroll
I advise you not to go for the main event, but go for the PKO 500K GTD
In the main event the field is bigger and harder = more variance and less chances to get ITM
In the bounty there are more recreational players and you have more chances to knockout someone = massive profit from 0$ investment (so even if you get busted in a cooler or something like that you still get for some bounties)
+ more chances to get ITM --> in the PKO there are more recreational players and they play looser
Congratulations for the freeroll and GL!

I was a micro MTT player, so i played very tight but still won 3 bounties playing strong hands (you see a lot of people desperate so double up so they can play for the bounties)

Hi Thanks, i already planed for PKO at first but the ticket allow me to play just in the Main Event, so i need to go the other wait now but that still fine i'll do my best :)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Guys,

Well done winning that ticket in a freeroll great run.
Hope you go deeper than 10th in the main event and convert it to nice pay day good luck lexyyxel.:)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Are you saying...
If he plays stupidly he'll have an advantage? This might actually be true... I watched a really terrible player place high this year in the SCOOP $10k MainEvent. (they'd won a ticket via $109 satty). Their play was just so bad that it actually made it much more difficult for others to put them on a range. And because pretty much all of their plays were very bad, it made it difficult for the pros & hi rollers to figure out how they were thinking (were they even thinking?)

My advice is... I don't have any. There's nothing I can tell you that would help change how you might choose to play and really there's not even enough time if you were to hire on a coach & train intensely for it.
IF I did think I had some advice of merit, it'd be for you to play a full schedule of MTT's for the next 10days, putting in LOTS & LOTS of play (ie. 300+ MTT's in the next 10days). Then take a couple of days off before the big one and be sure you're well-rested (Oops.. that's two things)

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. Way to go. Just do the same in the $530 tournament and you’ll have a very nice cash. I managed to score a $22 ticket and ended up 133/6600 for a nice cash (at least for me). I basically played the same as I usually do in my $1-2 tournaments and forgot about the stakes. After the first hour or so, I didn’t even think about the fact I was playing out of my comfort zone. I avoided trying to make any fancy plays as I knew the caliber of players was much higher and wouldn’t fall for anything. So I guess my advice is to just play your normal style and have fun.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good. I will have a satellite at 55 for 2.20 where I went with a good stack. I will try a satellite for your tournament as well. The biggest one I had for 215 where I got thanks to this site. 530 is a chance to make yourself a ba nkrol.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play it as if it were one of 5usd, that for the value of the tournament do not play with fear.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. Way to go. Just do the same in the $530 tournament and you’ll have a very nice cash. I managed to score a $22 ticket and ended up 133/6600 for a nice cash (at least for me). I basically played the same as I usually do in my $1-2 tournaments and forgot about the stakes. After the first hour or so, I didn’t even think about the fact I was playing out of my comfort zone. I avoided trying to make any fancy plays as I knew the caliber of players was much higher and wouldn’t fall for anything. So I guess my advice is to just play your normal style and have fun.

Thanks i'll will do it just like that

Are you saying...
If he plays stupidly he'll have an advantage? This might actually be true... I watched a really terrible player place high this year in the SCOOP $10k MainEvent. (they'd won a ticket via $109 satty). Their play was just so bad that it actually made it much more difficult for others to put them on a range. And because pretty much all of their plays were very bad, it made it difficult for the pros & hi rollers to figure out how they were thinking (were they even thinking?)

My advice is... I don't have any. There's nothing I can tell you that would help change how you might choose to play and really there's not even enough time if you were to hire on a coach & train intensely for it.
IF I did think I had some advice of merit, it'd be for you to play a full schedule of MTT's for the next 10days, putting in LOTS & LOTS of play (ie. 300+ MTT's in the next 10days). Then take a couple of days off before the big one and be sure you're well-rested (Oops.. that's two things)

Thanks a lot for your time, i think he meant to play without fear because i have a reason that i don't pay for the ticket! So i can play with less stress.

And yes i am playing already for training to not get angry or tilted! one day be for i'll go for fishing :p

It's good. I will have a satellite at 55 for 2.20 where I went with a good stack. I will try a satellite for your tournament as well. The biggest one I had for 215 where I got thanks to this site. 530 is a chance to make yourself a ba nkrol.

Yeap good luck to you too ;)

play it as if it were one of 5usd, that for the value of the tournament do not play with fear.

I am doing my best to control fear and angry !

Well done winning that ticket in a freeroll great run.
Hope you go deeper than 10th in the main event and convert it to nice pay day good luck lexyyxel.:)

Thank you, i'll do my best to and in the final table :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

Do not fall out with AA against 45s. Especially not that you had 65+ blinds! I'm so angry ....
(about 500 pays and I became 1000th,but obviously I could have comfortably cashed in.)

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not fall out with AA against 45s. Especially not that you had 65+ blinds! I'm so angry ....
(about 500 pays and I became 1000th,but obviously I could have comfortably cashed in.)

With J6s and he made str 23456 !

Anyway i played so bad last Sunday full of fear! i folded more than i should and raised less, as a first time 530$ buy-in i learn that what ever the buy-in i just need to play poker.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play your poker and do not be afraid, there will be the same players who received a ticket in the freeroll. good luck in the tournament. we are waiting for the tournament report))