Re-entry tournaments

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
so that everyone is on an equal footing, it often happened to me that I participated in a tournament for the last money and then was constrained in my actions, and others could buy additional tickets several times, played quieter
  • You need to get acquainted with the concept of bankroll if you want to make money with poker, and study bankroll management, and in general, in order not to get upset, you need to play for money that you are ready to lose

J

Jonhop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
Re-entries corrupt poker!! It encourages large teams to be formed.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love re-entry tournaments because it gives you a second chance if you're playing well and get beat with a good hand.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
On the contrary, I like it when people re-enter a tournament for money, especially when they play with any cards 😂

J

Jonhop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
So, we have a re-entry or a rebuy tournament that has 400 entrents at $1000 per entry. Lets say most people have 1 or 2 rebuys . However you have a group of 100 of these players that belong to a team. This team does not play hands against other team members unless it is dump their chips to their go to team members. The players on this team signals their hands to other team players. Many of these team members wait to the very last minute of the re-buy period (anywhere from the 7th level to the 14th level) then they all re-enter at once many times creating tables where all or most team members are at tables together relatively late in the tournaments. The perfect place to dump a full tables worth of chips to their best team player. YOUR GOING TO THINK THIS JUST CAN'T HAPPEN IN THE POKER WORLD! It is happening and I have watched as this team has taken 70% of the prize pool in a tournament just like this. This team has become so powerful that people who know this team say that they can decide who wins and who loses. Night after night they never have a losing night

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also don't like tournaments with re-entry, nor with reloads or chip increases. In my opinion this devalues the good player who values his money but we cannot change that and unfortunately these options are available in most tournaments. This is quite a profitable way for the rooms alone. I've seen players celebrating getting to a FT but I went to see he had used more money on re-entry than he earned... there were 16 re-entries.

J

Jonhop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
This team has made tens of millions and its player group is growing. So we just sit back and let it happen? Ethics in poker keeps our game alive and growing. As long as unlimited re-by and unlimited re-entrys are allowed more teams will form and people will question pokers integrity.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you need money to play, more money increases your chances. in all senses.
and websites also need to earn money.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play to your bankroll and it’s good that there are tournaments for every taste

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am not a fan either and rarely do re-enter myself but they are a fact of life and so we either adapt or perish.
What I do is review my games and find out who the maniacs are that will re-enter the maximum allowed times and then make a note on these players so that next time we play I will have a better read in any hands we face each other. Also, I keep an eye on the scoreboard for late-entry players who will join the game at the last minute even though they are starting with a small stack (less than 10BB)they will usually push all in with less than premium hands so is a good opportunity to add some chips to your stack.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Repeated entries, rubies, addons, these are all an integral part of the game, they are needed. Yes, those who have money and who in freeroll make rebait in the initial game for 11s for 5k chips - this is, of course, strange to me, but that's everyone's business.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like all tournaments to be without re-entries so that people value their bank more and sometimes I met players who went all-in on any card

so that everyone is on an equal footing, it often happened to me that I participated in a tournament for the last money and then was constrained in my actions, and others could buy additional tickets several times, played quieter
Maybe you didn't know about it, but in general there is a fairly large selection of tournaments, including those that do not have re-entry or re-buy. Just find the tournaments that suit you :)

J

Jonhop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
Looks like a lot of large teams to me. I sure get a lot of posts when I bring it up.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I think re-entry tournaments provide a chance for players to extend their tournament experience and potentially overcome early setbacks. This can be particularly beneficial for those who may have encountered bad luck or made mistakes in the early stages of the tournament. The opportunity to re-enter allows them to learn from their experiences and try again, ultimately enhancing their skills and enjoyment of the game.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. Re enrtries are a bit like having to stater the tournament over again. This is very wearying. You get ahead, then every buys in, you have to start again. It has the whiff of a scam. It takes the skill out of the match if your lead is re set again. I would like to see this format removed. It is antiplayer and a ruse for the poker company to milk the customer.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U can always find the tourneys with single entry as well
Because online poker offers every variety
Rebuy tourneys are frustrating of course but it gives poker room the benefit of reaching GTD prize pool and also gives somes players a chance to get back in ,
But as said bingo players also would like to take their chance as well , as much as we can get frustrated from it , we just can't hate them as well because in the long run they are our treasure for milking money at tables and we need them !!!

Poker rooms should really put a limit to number of reentries maybe max to 3
Earlier it used to be like this
Nowadays all i see is unlimited reentry ones probably in every poker client

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I don't really like it when you re-enter a tournament, a player can buy more and start playing again, so I always uncheck such tournaments and only play tournaments that don't have these features, and then you play tournaments and don't worry that people will buy more

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The problem with rebuy tournaments (especially at micro limit) is that there are too many maniacs who go all-in every round because of the small bet (and of course with they lousy cards they defeat stronger players who otherwise play normally (acc. to the law of large numbers).
It's completely different when someone plays normally but runs into a bad beat, because then it's a blessing to be able to buy yourself back into the tourney. But this is the rarest. Then, of course, I don't know how typical this is in higher-stakes tournaments, I avoid rebuy tournaments by default.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
NO to rebuys and late registration goes on forever

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't usually do re-entry, but I do know that there are players who tend to enter in the last 5 minutes of the tournament and bet everything as if nothing had happened, each time they are eliminated they rebuy until they reach the add-on, that is a strategy that I would not dare I apply but I know these players do well that way

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually dont enjoy rebuy and addon events ..... but sometimes thats where some good value is !

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A re-entry tournament has both its pros and cons; The downside, of course, is that players care less about their chips and sometimes play too aggressively and this makes playing poker like playing roulette. The advantages are that if you are a good player, then you will not need to re-enter to get a lot of chips, and even if you played well but still lost, then you have a second chance to correct the situation!!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I almost never reenter a tourney . But if it's a freebuy , or the cost is very cheap I might consider doing it . But generally I don't because I think that this can drive me on tilt mode , spend recklessly , lose bankroll management . Of course one rebuy it's not the end of the world , but it creates a bad habit , I get used gradually to rebuying , in tourneys or cash games

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have participated in tournaments with re-entry, and only a few times it had results. Most of the times I don't use this ability, because I prefer to pass to the next game or day!