C

ComplyorDie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A strategy I use is, say after you fall below your original stack
rebuy straight away.

Normally after the first blinds been posted, Another consideration is I never rebuy unless someone else has on my table has.

If there is another player double chipped at the table I have the option of covering his entire stack.

Also, you have the option early on to play a bit more with more speculative holdings.

Rebuys are looser and after I've made my stack if I lose my stack and rebuy is 3000chips but lots of players are 10x the original buy-in I cut my losses.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You only pay rake once in RB/A MTTs, so how are poker sites getting your money faster?
Basic math.Rebuy`s and add-on`s cost money.:hmmmm: I take it you have a strategy,,,and your a `winning` rebuy-add-on player?:top: Great!Maybe you can share with guys who are interested,,,:flute:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A strategy I use is, say after you fall below your original stack
rebuy straight away.

Normally after the first blinds been posted, Another consideration is I never rebuy unless someone else has on my table has.

If there is another player double chipped at the table I have the option of covering his entire stack.

Also, you have the option early on to play a bit more with more speculative holdings.

Rebuys are looser and after I've made my stack if I lose my stack and rebuy is 3000chips but lots of players are 10x the original buy-in I cut my losses.
Like this stuff,,makes total sense,,,i think lol :ciao:

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't play tight in rebuys when everybady plays aggresive ...you have to make chips thats is clear if you are kicked out before break will appear you need to rebuy and add-on after...don;t forget you invested time also..3.3 euro rebuy is eguivalent to 10+1 euro mtt frezout, don;t forget that. Before registering look at your balance!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
addon at the end and enough, but according to the situation

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basic math.Rebuy`s and add-on`s cost money.:hmmmm

Yes, but if you rebuy to add to an existing stack, or if you add on, all of that money usually goes straight to the prize pool. None of it is rake.

If you get knocked out of a tourney and re-enter, which is sometimes, confusingly, also called a rebuy, then you are paying rake again.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on tourney's with re-buy and add-on features.:confused:
I usually register at the end of the registration of the tournament. Still playable stack ofcourse you must buy add-on for you to play the stack well, at this level it usually all-in or fold options if you get a good hand.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You always have to buy in addition (rebuy) and supplement (add-on) when it is possible. Usually, reba on the frirollakh are not limited in the first hour of a game. Friroll can be quite unpredictable up to the end rebuy the period. You can also play at this time as you will be able always to buy in addition counters if you spend the stack. You will need to reach a final table to return the money if you do 10-15 rebay.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your trying to use bankroll management, a $1.20 R/A tourney should be counted as a$2.40 at minimum. Personally I don’t mind them. If I play them, in this example, I’d count a$1.20 as a $3.60 tourney, which essentially it was never a dollar tournament. Add-ons are usually necessary if you want the best chance for a deep run

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re-buys are a way for a pokersite to get your money faster,,,serves no purpose to the player.Stay away!! Don`t be a sucker:cool:
My words, better win the last hand before the break, where some play looser because they have a rebuy AND an add-on at their hand. I often triple or quad up in the last hand. No REBUY needed :p:p:p And YES, in some tournaments and special situations I would give it a thought, but in general, no thanks, better a complete new tournament for the same amount :cool:

hurtadoak

hurtadoak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advices

Last edited:
E

emeraldsrus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo in a rebuy mtt if you can play to not rebuy gives you extra value. let the others go crazy with rebuys and stay patient. if lose stack wait for another game to start.
gl :)

R

radiation

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when playing R/A MTT and rebuying x-times, why not move straight into a higher buyin MTT?
I've seen players in R/A tourneys rebuying for more than 5times, what doesn't make sense at all, and when being in late stage of rebuy phase, the blinds often are so high that you will always be the shortstack after rebuying and have to gamble with your small chipcount
I'd advise to only rebuy in early stage of the tournament and pay the addon only when having a bit more like 5-10BB, more than starting chipcount was.
I went through rebuy/Addon MTT without rebuy and addon.
in my opinion the unlimited rebuy MTT have more coinflippers and gamblers inside, so let them buyin >5x and put money in the total prices.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy is just buy-in and addons just before the registrations ends. Then I have the maximal profit out of my money! :)

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s incredible how much misinformation is in this one post.
My perspective mostly at BOL-
-R/A tournaments are good value in terms of roi
-there are great strategies equally for both early and late registration
-usually faster format
-unless you’re one of the chip leaders, it makes no sense if you don’t add-on
-some opponents will rebuy a shitload
-multiway allin pots with garbage(micros)
-early stage PFR’s aren’t effective for isolating in any position.
-at BOL, most add-ons are 5x so you kind of have to or you are immediately short stacked in most cases
-after 70% of the field is gone, it plays like any other tournament

Good luck out there

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-R/A tournaments are good value in terms of roi
ROI = Profit/Investment, where Profit = (Gain from investment - Cost of Investment) & Investment = Cost of Investment. Isn't that the equation?

-unless you’re one of the chip leaders, it makes no sense if you don’t add-on
If I've more than average stack after most people's rebuy/add-on (i.e. average stack in the last seconds of add-on period). Should I still go for add-ons?

-some opponents will rebuy a shitload
Most people with skill edge deep-stack would prefer that route; the more chips on the table, the better their chances to win.

-multiway allin pots with garbage(micros)
What does this mean? Are you suggesting to go all-in with garbage?

-early stage PFR’s aren’t effective for isolating in any position.
i.e. Value-bet bigger, no bluffs

OP: I've shied away from commenting because there are a lot of different strategies for it and each have different play-style attached to it (depending on your skills). You can search for them yourself.

P.S. I don't like Re-buy/Add-on tournaments.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some answers, some.....

ROI = Profit/Investment, where Profit = (Gain from investment - Cost of Investment) & Investment = Cost of Investment. Isn't that the equation?
In life there are many equations

If I've more than average stack after most people's rebuy/add-on (i.e. average stack in the last seconds of add-on period). Should I still go for add-ons?
life still has options, choose yours accordingly

Most people with skill edge deep-stack would prefer that route; the more chips on the table, the better their chances to win.
If you have an edge, go with it

What does this mean? Are you suggesting to go all-in with garbage?
absolutely not! But everyone else might with garbage.

i.e. Value-bet bigger, no bluffs In this format(@BOL) in a lot of cases you could bet half your starting stack pre-flop and still get 2-4 callers. It's a totally different beast

P.S. I don't like Re-buy/Add-on tournaments.
I was forced to adjust to them. They are 90% of the tournaments offered at my site. I have a lot less experience in deep stack tournaments

hope this helps

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play looser than I would in a non rebuy tourney, if I know it's a rebuy and go for some early double ups. If that doesn't work out I allow myself one or 2 rebuys and the add on. You've got take more risks and try and get some traction early.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play patiently, and rebuy only once or twice. If it gets to the third rebuy, you should probably just wait to another tournament, because you are getting negative value on your buy in.

It's an investment, and why invest too much into a rebuy that is going to maybe only = buyins just by min cashing

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very bad tournaments, going all-in on every hand

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to late buy about 5 minutes before rebuy ends. I have a formula that I use to determine if I should enter the tourny or not. See how many players get paid let’s say 36, determine where a double rebuy and add on place you i.e. 1500+1500+5000 add on 8000 starting stack, say 8000 chips puts you in 51st place, now take number of player cashing divided by position, or in this case 36/51 = 0.7058. If this ratio is less than .50 don’t waste your time it’s a crap shoot, the higher the ratio the higher your percentage of cashing will be. I buy single and hope to get a good opportunity to shove for a double up or better. If no double up opportunity presents if I have more than 1/2 stack left I rebuy, less I shove and double rebuy. Always make the add-on, if your not going to add on don’t play the tourny!

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo the only advice I can give you is to take automaticly the add-on. This is basic arithmetic ; if you don't, the average is approximately going to up to 4/5 of the add-on, then it's a clear handicap for you if you don't take it