Rate my bluff skill please..

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll and game here and poker different things:)

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strong play OOP means strong hand, very well played IMO!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
B

baklagan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a pritty good bluff but on that situation i don't think that you need to risk so much with nothing but here all depends on the your information about the raither,if you more then 50% sure that he will fold when you reraise on preflop,then do it with a high range of cards. Even 83 got 32% chances of winning against two bigger cards on preflop.

P

palistus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like you played it nicely post-flop for what you did pre-flop, since you were representing a pretty nice hand, I'd think maybe AJ+ suited, or a high pocket pair to 3-bet there, though my reading skills aren't the strongest yet.

However, I disagree with the pre-flop bluff, I think more often than not, 3betting with 48o will get you in trouble if someone connects with a flop, or has an actually strong hand.

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry but I just feel this is strongly a losing play. That board smashes his range, making only pairs and some suited connectors (which he should most likely not have anyway) folding hands. Preflop you should just fold, undoubtedly. Your hand has no equity on most boards, and the ones where you do hit, you aren't sure if you're ahead, and most likely aren't if he continues. Any flop you do hit however you must feel committed to, and with a holding that weak you shouldn't feel comfortable holding middle pair with a rag kicker. However the lead wasn't terrible, but it does make it obvious you don't hold the nuts. Leading is mostly profitable with the line you took, however check raising would also be dandy, maybe forcing him to fold his middle pairs or straight draws upon a shove. But it is hard no matter what you do with your holding, having no equity. I also think he's shoving you a third of the time on the BTN, and around 80% of the time with pockets, but then again I'm unsure what stakes you're playing, maybe he would just flat pockets preflop. But that also adds reason to just folding preflop, because you're never calling a preflop 4bet shove in that position. You must've gotten insanely lucky to be playing a passive cal station willing to call a large portion of his stack with low/min pockets or A rags. But in general it's an extremely losing play especially OOP.

Last edited:
P

pop pap

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not recommend to doing this. You could easily lose your money. good luck for it

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the play. I don't see any reason to potentially bluff off your entire stack with 84 with 20BB left. You should be restealing a lot at this point, but that doesn't mean that you should be doing it with just about any 2 cards. 84 is definitely not a hand worth playing under most circumstances.

Just a bluff once in a while against a raise in position.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
LOL

Yah ok... I can tell you know what you're talking about.
I already want my 5mins. from reading this drivel https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-news-events-63/bovada-fix-in-274566/
I'm not about to waste anymore (ok.. except for this 20secs. here)
Why don't you disregard the wsop bracelet winners that took my opinion about that article when it was posted that it was most likely not true but needed further investigation because the knowledge of coding and statistics was valid in the article. However it only took you five minutes to make a judgement with no investigation at all. Then you make a post here insinuating that I took the article as gospel and my opinions are not valid. Unlike you I look at facts and then wait for investigation and proof and not disregard any accusations simply because I am a superior know it all. UB and Absolute started as just accusations with plenty of people like you poo pooing every word. Some accusations turn out to be true most don't but sticking your head in the sand is ridiculous. In all gaming live or online there is one thing that is certain and not debatable and that is if it can be cheated it will be cheated. But thankfully we have people like you who instantly know what's up with no investigation. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread just felt it necessary to respond to this post that had nothing to do with the thread at all but was posted just to misleadingly attack me, my position and my opinion.

Elmanchy

Elmanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend doing this. You could easily lose a third of the stack. Generally and it happens. If you had a dro it is quite another matter. I attitude to such actions negatively.

I am pleased to support your kommentry!
The board lay ready straight, and you answered the first and raised to 4k in chips.
If he would call, you would simply flew out of the tournament ..
Such a bluff better to do on dry boards.:p

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, maybe because I'm a nit player but I wouldn't raise pre-flop.

Considering the pre-flop activity, I only see you maintaining your range with a hard c-bet. He probably ranged you with AJ, AQ or AK, KQs and when you c-bet maintaining your hand strenght, he folded.

Really don't see that as a BLUFF BLUFF, as I see you bluffed pre-flop with that raise, but maybe because I'm still a noobie! hehehe

beger80

beger80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was Villian raising every unopened button(like he probably should be)?
How often does he fold to three bets?
what have been your actions at the table?
Are you playing loose/tight?
how often are you 3 betting?
have you showed any bluffs previously?
How many players are left to money?

Those questions are what I would ask before giving a true "rating"? yet as played you got him off his hand with a weird C-bet that polarized you to bluffs and Broadway because you bet off any of your own fold equity and essentially committed your stack if called.(villain's view)

Would you have posted this if he called?
Good bluffs are built on information, bad bluff are those that get called.

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YOu think OP's line suggests weakness? He's leaving himself 10bb's behind after betting flop. (would this even seem like he's ever possibly folding??? I know he states in this thread that he had intentions of folding with 10bb's behind.. feeling this was a good playable stack still.. BUT would any 'typical/knowledgeable/decent' player be doing this?).

...snip further condescension...

Yes! If OP had the goods he would be value betting and not be concerned with how much he leaves behind. The sizing of his bet showed weakness and the 10BB behind supports the notion that he is keeping a way out. But ymmv...

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The PF 3bet certainly set the table for you but flops don't get any wetter than this. Sure it worked out, this time, but he's going to connect with this too often to be worth the risk. Why did you pick this hand to bluff with? Save you're bluffs for hands with at least a little equity.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why don't you disregard the WSOP bracelet winners that took my opinion about that article when it was posted that it was most likely not true but needed further investigation because the knowledge of coding and statistics was valid in the article. However it only took you five minutes to make a judgement with no investigation at all. Then you make a post here insinuating that I took the article as gospel and my opinions are not valid. Unlike you I look at facts and then wait for investigation and proof and not disregard any accusations simply because I am a superior know it all. UB and Absolute started as just accusations with plenty of people like you poo pooing every word. Some accusations turn out to be true most don't but sticking your head in the sand is ridiculous. In all gaming live or online there is one thing that is certain and not debatable and that is if it can be cheated it will be cheated. But thankfully we have people like you who instantly know what's up with no investigation. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread just felt it necessary to respond to this post that had nothing to do with the thread at all but was posted just to misleadingly attack me, my position and my opinion.

Y
Actually I've read MANY articles that were very similiar in nature to that one you left a link for. imo,that article was absolute malarky! (as were the others)

And if you think this particular spot is as good as it gets (in this situation on 20bb's) it's really pointless to attempt to have you see it otherwise. To me it is obvious that you are soooo bad at poker, you don't even know you're bad. You're probably so bad you actually think you're good.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes! If OP had the goods he would be value betting and not be concerned with how much he leaves behind. The sizing of his bet showed weakness and the 10BB behind supports the notion that he is keeping a way out. But ymmv...

If only they all thought simliarly to you

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff is depend on position and stacks, seems not take such a risk.
Playing poker win or lose is always very soon. good luck.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You showed us one successful bluff and ask us to rate you? Need more examples than just one. How about showing us some where it didn't work out.

It was a solid play by you. First off, the raiser is the button, so there is a good chance he is just trying to steal the blinds from you any way. Your call and then C-bet was good, but you could also consider just re-raising him pre-flop as well. Don't give him the chance to hit something.

D

duclh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was quite good, but its too dangerous

L

LizardDan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without being at the table and knowing their bet/raise/call patterns it's impossible to know if you have bluffing skill. You mostly got lucky that the flop fit your story and it didn't hit him. After he called your reraise you were pretty chip committed, so the cbet had to happen. But reraising out of position is a horrible idea.

Especially in tournaments. Also, did you show your hand after the play?

Your tactic here is an excellent way to pay off a set, nut flush, or full house.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without being at the table and knowing their bet/raise/call patterns it's impossible to know if you have bluffing skill. You mostly got lucky that the flop fit your story and it didn't hit him. After he called your reraise you were pretty chip committed, so the cbet had to happen. But reraising out of position is a horrible idea.

Especially in tournaments. Also, did you show your hand after the play?

Your tactic here is an excellent way to pay off a set, nut flush, or full house.

No, I didn't show and just muck my both cards, why?