Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he had a pair of Q and he didnt want to risk it

I wonder what villain is calling with (and WTSD%:deal:) if he folds top set

Standard.

If this is standard, I have been playing SO wrong :eek:

No, I didn't show and just muck my both cards, why?

Your tactic here is an excellent way to pay off a set, nut flush, or full house.

Like Dan said, if you show your bluff now you will get called pretty light in the future... Show your bluff, tighten up, and when you really do have a hand you will get called by bluff catchers (A high) :top:

Tough to evaluate without knowing the players and situation coming into this hand. A bluff is more about playing the player.

:dito: Do you have any stats or notes on villain? :confused:

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the size from your 3bet is great, but that board isnt that good to bluff because hits much more his range than yours, like 2 pairs,flush draw,gut shot straight,straight... you understand what im trying to tell you?

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the play even if it worked this time. 84o is too weak to 3bet oop. He must fold a ton, that this is +ev. Also in this situation he didn't fold preflop and you were lucky that he didn't hit this board, because the board is pretty good for his range.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
replay

I think you have luck,first you are first position after big blind,other player could pay if he have any pair I would do the same,this hand you winn ,but is not always like that.......

Vadim Kudimov

Vadim Kudimov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
с моей точки зрения, это очень рискованная игра. Если бы вы только знали, как хорошо себя врага (стиль его игры). Я думаю, что риск был оправдан, потому что вы можете видеть, что враг в слабой рукой.
However, this practice requires a balanced approach, and I do not think that at a distance it will bring you income.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the scale of 1 to 10,i give 8.75.Nice bluff!:top:

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not spoil, then you will not catch anything) :)

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to make this kind of bluff, but looking deep it could be very dangerous... he probably have some suited connectors

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, I also think that it's better not to bluff when a tournament starts!)

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I wouldn't call this the best bluff that you could have made, I disagree with 3-betting your hand pre-flop because you are risking a 4-bet which will always result with you folding and quickly losing a quarter of chips before you've even seen any cards.

I think your opponent had a weaker pair, like 88, 77 and was hoping you would play the hand more tentatively, I would have c-bet it also and it paid off that time for you. Definitely a nice c-bet.

C

chng1t

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very bad bluff, I will explain why.

It is a very bad hand to bluff with as:
1. You have 21bb and at this stack size it is better to shove or call in the big blind.
2. No removal effect. Hand that your opponent will 4bet All In are Ax, Kx type hands, and high to middle pairs and you block only 88 and A8s, so it is much more likely for your opponent to have a strong holding. A hand like K2o would be a much better bluff as you block KK, AK.
3. Hands that your opponent will call your 2.5x 3bet are some low Axs, most of suited broadway, AJo, KQo, maybe ATo and some Kxs, so this flop is better for your opponent and he will never fold Qx, Jx, flush draw or straight draw as they are getting to good odds.
4. When you cbet 1/3 of your stack, you're saying to you're opponent that you're committed and that is not what you want to do with bluffs as well as with nuts like AK. Give your opponent an opportunity to call or bluff you with a weak hand when you have it or get away cheaply with a bluff.
GL!:cool:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a good game but it's not worth playing against the leader !!! You could lose more than your opponent since he has more chips !!! Even if he played all the chips then he stayed in the game, and you are not !!!!

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion, you're lucky):)
Really? How could I'll be lucky with this hand 48o not in position and totally chip covered by heads up opponent.. I didn't hit anything if he call my c-bet, I'm dead[emoji3] I will lose this hand and lost more chips but he never bust me out, never![emoji6]