serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
All depends on stack size. This is a horoshaya card.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, Is difficult to play this hand, but you need information from your opponents how they play and be aggressive in every stage and get value or fold if the cards in the table don’t help you to win.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
QQ allin preflop even at 52% win rate is still risky now this also depends on position and where you are in the game" bubble" or maybe looking to double up to make ITM :unsure:these are all factors you must look at before you commit+just how lucky do you feel today ;) myself i'm in all the way!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
First of all you have to think about the profile of your opponent, if he is loose you can go all in without thinking, if he is a tight player and he raises you have to think about his range.

There are other factors to consider such as tournament phase, stack...

J

Jayblive83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Depends on the stakes and players. I do see alot of people jamming AKo 125bb deep so against a fish or aggressive person I might go for it because you see crazy stuff in low stakes MTTs. In low stakes, well alot of player pool is afraid of postflop play. I see people shove 200bbs and then show AA and it always puzzles me, like you could have atleast min raised then jammed the flop. But to end this, it really depends on the player, HUD stats

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you're regularly folding QQ pre-flop, I'm moving to your town and playing in your home game.

There are of course the exceptions like the bubble of a satellite (blah, blah, blah), but frankly you can almost never fold QQ pre-flop. And if you're thinking you should because someone lucked out on you, then I'm afraid you're playing the wrong game.

D

Dougbass15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SV
Chips
What do you think of the QQ hand to go all in pre flop? I particularly hate this hand, I've done pretty badly in several tournaments going all in pre flop, lesson learned!
Particulary, I love QQ !
However it's a great hit looking Aces in the Smal Blind...
STD spot with 1/4 of possibilities to win

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love THAT, good for going all-in if you think you can lose, even AA is risky.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ end up running into AK, AA and KK if preflop action goes to 4 bet. It's a good hand and needs to be played/defended.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
qq is a very strong preflop hand. you should shove against one player however if you are very deep +100 bb then you can consider folding a 4 bet or 5 bet shove against one player who is tight because in most cases he will having kings or aces. if 2 players shove preflop you can also consider folding if you are deep stacked and at least one of the players is tight.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are several factors to go all in with QQ , one of them is if you have 5 blinds you are far from itm then it is all in for sure.
But if you're chip leader and get an all-in from 2nd place and you're at a final table with 9 players left then it's fold.
I don't agree with the second epithet, on the final table everything depends on the dynamics. QQ is a premium hand and it comes very rarely and you definitely shouldn’t be afraid of it, and extra suspiciousness only attracts bad luck.:)

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is apremium hand for me!!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Most of the time I play them all in preflop, but there are times when I have to be careful because I always lose with them, other times it will depend on how the table is being played but I only ask the poker gods not to give me those letters because it makes me nervous

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Calling an all-in or raising to all-in? Tourney or ring-game? Short-stacked or do I have 100+ bb's? These will definitely be some considerations before committing your stack.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends if I'm feelin' lucky or not.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whenever I can I go for everything with those cards. there are few hands pre flop that can beat them. QQ always

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What do you think of the QQ hand to go all in pre flop? I particularly hate this hand, I've done pretty badly in several tournaments going all in pre flop, lesson learned!
Yeah, me too. I rarely go all-in with QQ preflop - only if I am short stacked or know the opponent to be loose-aggressive. Otherwise I fold QQ if someone shoves pre. And we're discussing tournaments - you just wait for better spot.

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Often times you will be flipping against AK or even only slightly ahead of hands like suited Aces and Kings. On the other hand you will be dominating opponents with lower pocket pairs, and other random hands that people will often play. So in many ways it really depends on your position, like if you are out of position you want to be raising more often to just take it down, but in position you can allow your opponent to get more money in, and potentially fold/check back on unfavorable flops.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I have a pair of queens (QQ) in hand, I usually find it advantageous to consider an aggressive move and go all-in. Pair QQ is a powerful hand and is often one of the best starting hands I can have. Going all-in has its advantages, as it puts pressure on my opponents and reduces the likelihood of facing a difficult post-flop decision. Also, by going all-in with a pair of QQ, I can make players with weaker hands leave the pot, increasing my chances of winning without needing to see the flop. It's important to consider the context of the game, such as chip stack sizes, player positions, and readings I've taken on my opponents. If I see signs of weakness or if I'm in a situation where an all-in could be profitable, I find it advantageous to use the strength of my QQ pair to try to accumulate significant chips and build a solid stack.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
QQ , i have lost far too many times with this hand , i tend to be careful nowadays . short stack its easy to decide , with more i pay attention .

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands