BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
What do you think of the QQ hand to go all in pre flop? I particularly hate this hand, I've done pretty badly in several tournaments going all in pre flop, lesson learned!

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the stake and the opposing player, generally I think it would be a mistake to go allin QQ preflop the low stake

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are several factors to go all in with QQ , one of them is if you have 5 blinds you are far from itm then it is all in for sure.
But if you're chip leader and get an all-in from 2nd place and you're at a final table with 9 players left then it's fold.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
There were rare situations, where I have folded QQ preflop. But in the most tournament situations it's a clear all-in. Only against AA and KK you have a big problem. And in the micro-tournaments I play thrre are a lot of all-ins with hands like 109o or comparable hands... Therefore I think mostly it would be a great mistake to fold the hand preflop.

P

peruangonz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Go all in with QQ depends or the spot you're playing

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like QQ in general. I have a lot more wins with them then with JJ. I feel like loosing most of pre flop all ins with JJ

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not always go all in with QQ however I like this more than KK for me personally QQ is easier to play compared to KK, its easier to fold with a call and also in some circumstances much better to make decisions compared to KK. Sometimes I do go all in with QQ specially with short stacks and it really depends as well on my player read and table read. Obviously AA is much easier to play, but based on your table read I think QQ is a great hand to sometimes flat preflop and take it from there if you are not playing bounty.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most times call a allin do not go allin first ! but i did bed beat QQ ,KK with JJ i called thier allin bit tip here bro

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each of us has our own QQ hand story, but my experience is clear that a QQ hand is definitely all-in preflop. But this is my personal opinion.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also try to avoid this hand against a bigger stack than mine, I don't remember the last time this hand beat an AK off.:cautious::cautious::cautious:

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Like everything else in life, poker answers will always come with 'it depends' first.

We can't say anything without a specific situation determined... and another thing... Poker is played... they are going all-in all the time without 3bets and 4 bets without the slightest notion of what they are doing.

Any hand can be tipped to allin depending on the situation... stack, players at the table, position etc etc etc etc

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I wouldn't go all in with him, I'd rather just raise to show strength and see the flop.
If A or K comes, then those who get in, most likely got in with these cards anyway and it's better to be careful. Almost the same with JJ.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Recently, the percentage of winning these cards has become 50% less than before, so I advise not to rush and get carried away with these cards

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shoving QQ preflop is most of the time a bad decision, you'll get weaker hands to fold and you'll be in bad shape againt the ones that called

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What do you think of the QQ hand to go all in pre flop? I particularly hate this hand, I've done pretty badly in several tournaments going all in pre flop, lesson learned!
I’d prefer not to have my stake in preflop with anything other than AA to be honest. The flop, turn and river ar always to come and regardless what your holding it can all change later on. The issue with getting it in pre in my option is you leave your fate to a run out in cards that you can do nothing of.... the annoyance losing a chuck or being stacked by someone’s with a junk A or even K6 I’ve seen in this event I’m playing at the moment lol.

Bingo should be saved for those spots where you’ve outplayed your opponents and calling off peanuts to eliminate them with your 83o in the BB lol. They are the fruits of your spoils moments lol

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
CapturarSee, against an extremely tight range, QQ, it will win 52% of the time. So, it's not an unfoldable hand, but folding on normal tournament occasions is throwing money away, that's just your mind sabotaging you! You won't always win the QQ!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There comes a time in every players game when an all-in shove is necessary, and the reason it is called a flip is because that's exactly what it is, a coin flip.
I have shoved all-in with many different hands, Like K/10, Q/10 K/Q etc all suited, every possible pocket pairs even 2/2, and depending on my chip stack I have called all-ins from other player with a lot worse hand.
It all boils down to Luck and whether you are feeling Lucky or not, If your gut says "go for it" Then just go for it. But to risk your Tournament Life unnecessarily with any hand is suicide, and depending on action before me I would possibly fold Q/Q if 2 or more players are already involved, I have been known to fold A/A in some spots, just feeling that the time is not right and the odds were against me, especially if there were more than 2 players going all-in, and proven right to do this.
How do you know that one of the other players is not playing A/A before you? It happens! and if two players have A/A then you have little chance of improving unless you make a Flush. Poker is a game of Skill and Patience to wait for the best opportunity to win. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and throw away a decent hand in order to stay in the game for a little longer and find a better spot!

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on my stack, how my table is playing, I try not to always play them all in and just be a little more careful, unless I need to take a risk or for other reasons like playing against intense people.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the hand is good, but at best we will play a coin flip, plus a lot depends on the opponent, how loose he plays

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to shuffle all-in preflop with this hand, preferably against an one opponent. If there are multiple opponents in the hand the QQ performs poorly, but against one opponent, especially if the field has been narrowed by a raise, re-raise, and raise-back, it's quite tolerable.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you do this, you will win somewhere 52-54 percent in the rest you will lose, it's best to play this hand by letting in weaker hands and then getting them off, and if you go all-in, you will only be paid older hands and all younger couples will throw away, unless of course they are fools

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a strong hand, worth trying all in

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wish I had did it the last tiem I played... I bet, folded to a raise to a player who told me later he had 10s. I believe him too, but he played it like he had Aces or Kings, raised me like 6x.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loaded question. Depends on stack, players, position in tourney, how close to money, position on table. Typically short stack it’s an easy shove. If close to money and I’m borderline chips, I’m folding

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The decision to go all-in preflop defend on a number of things:

* The effective stack size
* Action in front of you
* Your position
* The stage of the tournament
* Opponent reads
* Your hand

So saying, that you hate this or that hand is just an emotional reaction based on past outcomes. Its no different from having a "favourite hand" or other kind of supersticion. Poker is a math based game and leaves no room for emotions :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands