QQ: Call or Fold in 6 handed SNG - DON

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OH MAN! Cmon guys. Absolutely Instant fold. Think about it…
Top 3 players win the same prize, 4th place gets nothing. The low player (Player 1) is in the big blind and is already committing 20% of his remaining stack.

Look at all the scenarios if you fold…
Player 1 calls and loses. The top 3 finish in the money and you win.
Player 1 calls and wins. Player 1 doubles up to 2000 or so, and then player 2 has only 1000 chips left. You would be in second place in chips, still waiting for only one person to get knocked out.
Win-win.

If you call…
If you call and win, then obviously you win and finish ITM.
If you call and lose, you are down to 100 chips (less than 1 BB) and are basically eliminated. Not good.
On a side note, from player one’s perspective, player one is begging you to call, because then all Player One needs to do is fold for him to finish in the top 3, regardless of who wins the hand.

(By the way, I apologize for the weird text format. I typed it in a Microsoft word document and then pasted it in, so I could look at the image at the same time I typed)

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really tough to fold that kind of hands, but you should fold. You need to be focus on your goals only, don't risk too much in that kind of situations and remember you don't be the chip leader to win in that tourney.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker