Punishment for sit out players in tournaments?

Punishment for sit out players in tournaments?

• Total voters
DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you think about it?
Sit out from the start to a push and fold stack size is not a fair move, in my opinion.
A poll and a discussion since sit out players esp. in online poker tournaments are annoying.
My ideas to punish them and with that punishment get them earlier out of the tournament.
Players that sit out, or better non players, have to bring in the double big blind regardless if it's their turn to play or not.
This makes the pot more attractive to the actual players.
Will give more action and will eliminate notorious sit outers earlier.
I know this is a deep cut into the general poker tournament rules.
But in online tournaments, they can gather round for round information without risking very much of their stack.
I didn't understand the question correctly...
What do you mean about someone winning a lot of chips and being out? or the players who already enter the tournament expecting specific hands?
Well, in any case, these players should not be punished, even if it is the strategy or unforeseen circumstances. As a strategy, it's horrible, so you shouldn't worry about it.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As annoying as they might be, I will not complain about the sitter outers, I will bet every flop and get as many blinds and antes as fast as possible before someone else wakes up and shows up. I will not bite the hand that feeds me free chips.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is an interesting proposal.

But there will be unintended consequences such as pumping up the pot preflop. Essentially this makes the game an ante game?

Online poker is just software - so why not delete players at a certain level who have not played one hand?
Your last sentence is what ClubWPT does. Anyone that has not made a voluntary move in a game when the late registration period ends is automatically cancelled.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The time and money that players are using has the right to be absent, after all there is no point in entering a tournament and not being able to play on purpose!(y)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I usually sign up for the CC tour but I can't always make it on time or maybe I have something to do. When I manage to get there I'm glad if I have some chips left to try my luck.
I use my mobile phone to play and if I have two tournaments one on pokerstars and one on replay you realize I'll be playing a few minutes on one and a few minutes on the other....... The idea for a punishment in any case it does not benefit me at all.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
What is this ?

If i buy in to a tournament and i have an accident and will attent 2 or 3 hours later, would you punish me ?

If a player pays for the tournament he can sit out untill he is blinded out.

If he has say 5 big blinds, wakes up after he worked and think, o i was registred to a tournament, let hem enter with the 5 big blind.

He paid for the tournament so it is not normal to punish or delete players at what stage ever.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think this has got to be the silliest thing I see people complaining about... it's literally free chips/money, if the possibility of having to be more aggressive bothers you I can't imagine what you're going to do when it gets down to short handed play, they paid for their spot if they sit or shove every hand it's up to them👍

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As frustrating as it can be. Not sure how something like this can be enforced. If we are talking about freerolls, then who really cares, its costs nothing. Regular tournament, then they pay there entry, they can do as they please. Banning people for what could be a verity of reasons why they dont play, is not very productive.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently played in a mid stakes MTT at Unibet. 8 players at the table and I was the only one playing and every time Unibet changed the seating everybody was still sitting out. This went on for almost 45 minutes. Quite boring really. I ended the game very deep into the money. So where was everyone? My theory was that you needed to register a week in advance and most people had forgotten. In the end they all had a personal reason for sitting out and it cost them their entry fee and potential winnings! That was punishment I think.
you found stealing pots from sit outs, for 45 minutes, boring? did you at least put on nextlix or youtube, and just raise every hand?

once auto fold clicked on for everyone, you picked up bbs at an extremely high rate. that's exciting.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In my opinion, it changes table dynamics with sit outers regardless whether it is a 6 or 9 max table.
Some players tend to play extremely aggressive with any holding to get those "free chips".
It harms normal play.
I voted "I don't mind" because I like it when they get aggressive with trash to get the free chips,
they can take each other out till I get a decent hand to get their chips.
sometimes it sucks when the sitouts are all on your right making it hard to ever steal their blinds.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They say size doesn't matter, but I don't know who they are...

What do you think about it?
Sit out from the start to a push and fold stack size is not a fair move, in my opinion.
A poll and a discussion since sit out players esp. in online poker tournaments are annoying.
My ideas to punish them and with that punishment get them earlier out of the tournament.
Players that sit out, or better non players, have to bring in the double big blind regardless if it's their turn to play or not.
This makes the pot more attractive to the actual players.
Will give more action and will eliminate notorious sit outers earlier.
I know this is a deep cut into the general poker tournament rules.
But in online tournaments, they can gather round for round information without risking very much of their stack.

How about this, let the folks who enter & show up figure out how to deal with whatever situations they find . Learn to control ones emotions, think, experiment with different playing strategies, watch & take notes on those who are playing & such stuff.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
you found stealing pots from sit outs, for 45 minutes, boring? did you at least put on nextlix or youtube, and just raise every hand?

once auto fold clicked on for everyone, you picked up bbs at an extremely high rate. that's exciting.
Don't get me wrong, it was easy money just collecting peoples blinds and antes. It was quite fast.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
there can be many reasons for a player sitting out so i don't think they should be punished because can you really tell what the reason is. Also what's the difference to a player folding every single hand? it's literally the same thing no?

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Doesnt bother me,take the blinds

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion it's a bad idea . Why would be there any punishment? Sitouts have their reasons to be sitting out.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i don´t like this idea at all, sometimes u can´t be available to be sit

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I dont agree with this ideea , because it can happend to everyone , plus it is their lost ...:)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Make them sit in the corner.

For repeat offenders, have them wear a cone-shaped hat while sitting in the corner!

Kick them out of the Freeroll club, make them take the CC 30-day course where they'll need to score greater than 90% on a test designed by fundiver. And any comments or posts suggesting online poker is rigged calls for an immediate ban with no chance of playing ever again!

ScreenHunter 15602

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
fwiw, I think someone voted twice :unsure:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When sitting out for extended time, the player is punishing themself... :giggle:

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my point of view, laterg is extremely important for scheduling reasons and reaching the guaranteed prize.
The fact of pushing and folding is extremely dangerous in the long term because the variance increases a lot, playing EG or MG you have tools and the weaker players are at this stage who will give you chips to at least guarantee an item, already Players who enter late register doubles accuracy to at least stay itm.
Yes, the push and fold game is the easiest because you just fold unprofitable hands and all-in on profitable hands, the well-played game is the most difficult deepstack game and one that many people have difficulty with.
In short, I only see positive points so having a delay doesn't influence anything for those who entered at the beginning. glglgl

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think sitouts should be removed.

If they are not removed penalize the value destroying sitter limpers.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all happened to us when we registered in a tournament and then the day comes and you got some problems that don't make play so there's something a reason