Poker strategy in online turbo tournaments.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in a lucky day and receive many premium hands, it's possible to be in the final table only playing these hands. But usually you will need to play other hands too if you want to win.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
No I don't think that there are players who made the final table playing only Premiums and Pocket pairs, you have to adapt to the table, if players around are LAG you have to be more conservative and vice versa. Suppose you wait until you got a premium hands, after 20-30 hands the blinds get bigger and bigger, the active players will have more chips than you and will call your raise or all-in and you end up in an awkward spot. However when fighting with correct hands like Ax suited, KQ, and some suited connectors you can catch big and double your stack. The key to success is adaptation.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Often, big pairs knock out cards below, here it's a matter of luck, how the table opens

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
someone may have achieved it, but in my case I think I can't wait for those cards to always arrive so I can play and I say this because many times there comes a point in the tournament where those types of cards do not reach my hands for a good time and while that time goes by I lose and lose chips and especially if the blinds are high, I think it is difficult to only be able to play with those cards and reach the final table at least

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing only those hands limit you too much, the blinds will take you out.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In turbo tournaments you have to play more hands, you also have to steal more pots, because otherwise you run out of chips.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is no strategy per se, you just have to be very intuitive in those tournaments and observe how the table and the cards behave:D
That is truly some great advice!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Did anyone make it to the finals playing only AA, QQ, AK-J, KQ, QJ, and middle pairs?
Hi :)
I usually only play with strong cards. The range is a bit larger than what you listed, but I still have pretty good results and have regularly made the final table.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the concept of these quick tournaments? As the blinds go up so fast, we're going to play a smaller number of hands, right? And since we're going to play fewer hands, the risk increases a lot, because we can't keep choosing the most favorable opportunity. There just isn't enough time to wait for the best hand. If you wait too long, the structure comes from your stack. The famous blinded. This is normal in these tournaments. If you can't see the opportunities to steal chips, it's very difficult.
Often the point where you have a small 60/40 favoritism is the best you will have time to find. So embrace the risk! That's why these tournaments have such high variance. It is important to get used to it.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I usually only play with strong cards. The range is a bit larger than what you listed, but I still have pretty good results and have regularly made the final table.
you are lucky, it happens that the whole game is more than 10 and nothing falls out

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
be aggresive to try steal blinds always the best strategy.