Are pocket Jacks a cursed hand?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a good hand, but you have to play with it carefully and it's important to narrow down the number of opponents to one player.
If have a stronger hand the other player, such as QQ or KK or AA, then that's it.
Sometimes, poker is like that.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise, but be cautious, like you said, there are higher pairs, i play like i have nothing, but if the flop comes low, its to your advantage!

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one-eyed jacks are the devious ones. If you don't have a one-eyed jack everything is ok.

If you have :js4::jh4: you better watch out cause they are ready to party.

The other two :jd4::jc4: are more reliable and steady as you go.

That's my take on Jacks.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read somewhere that there is a 50% chance that an ace, king or queen will come on the flop. Now what?

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it's not a cursed hand but a hand to play very carefully, you have to play it not very aggressively, but not in the way you would play Kings or Aces. I've already won good hands with Js but really they are very few compared to the huge amount I've lost. One piece of advice, play them like a medium pair, never like monster hands. Regards.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha!!! We all have a hand that never seems to win.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After today I may agree jacks are jinked. LOL

Honestly jacks are a very profitable hand to play and easier that kings. With Jacks if there is one or 2 over cards you have to realize your likely beat where as kings once a ace hits your not necessary beat as they mush have the ace. In truth you don't want to ship in a lot with kings on that a board but most players just cant fold the super strong had in this situation.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pocket J's are easy enough to play, typically you know where you stand early enough in the hand to either get away from them or if you ahead in the hand. You just need to get the feel for where your at and not over play them like many players tend to do to often.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know why, but when i have JJ'S a good amount of the time they have either AJ hand bink the A or it's solid QQ'S and it makes you go nuts you win and you lose some, but it's so often JJ'S but you really don't wanna fold bb vs sb or the otherway around since jj's are a strong hand but not as strong as AQ i would say so yes it might be cursed! haha

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like JJ but mostly of my friends hate it

J

JumJumadi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost JJ to QQ in the bubble

Board is JXXQX

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My hand of death is QQ. I love to see the ladies, but I've lost a lot of tourneys with them. They are expensive! Overall the boys have been good to me. Maybe cause it's because I don't expect much from them, they often surprise me in a good way.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is just as good as any pocket pair. Just remember if you have a pocket pair someone's has a pocket pair also. I have lost so many times holding AA when the other player hits their pocket pair. So now I try to wait for the flop before making any mayor moves. If you wait for the flop holding JJ and low cards, come in the flop a player goes all in well, they probably hit their pocket pair or the have a higher pocket pair. good luck

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is the 4th best starting hands in hold'em (pocket pairs have numerous advantages against unpaired hands.) JJ looks like a big pair but it is a mid pair statically,just like 9 is statically a high card. When action get heated it is important to realize even Q10s has like 32% equity against you. I just use JJ as an over-pair trap. Usually I avoid all in's with it because everyone has Q or better in their range when things go raise re-raise. If you play JJ for all-ins as a reflex you are gonna get hurt.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to be dealt only JJ in all my possible hands. People condemn this hand, but it has a huge win rate. You have never won with JJ I say with the highest certainty that it is impossible for this to have happened. The tip to win with her is go to the end!

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turns out over 150K hands JJ is my 4th best hand, just behind AA, KK and QQ. This is why it is important to keep stats and not just rely on how you feel about situations. The brain will respond more strongly to painful situations.

The action can be dictated by more than just the cards you hold. It will depend on your range and your opponents range, stack sizes, position

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I think pocket jacks is a good hand preflop. You have to take position into play and what the other players are doing preflop. If you are in late position and it hasnt been raised, do so. if there has been a raise from an aggressive player ,I might reraise and then see the flop to see what to do from there,

I

intheline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely not cursed, I don't even know why people are so prejudiced with an excellent hand like JJ.
Of course, she has her hands post flop, but she's still excellent to play with. I also find it difficult that you never won with JJ due to her high profitability index.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why? It is a very nice pair! It is the weakest from the figures, but it is a strong hand waiting for another J on the table!

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open - fold on the flop. Pretty easy hand to play to be honest. :)

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've won many important hands with pocket Jack's their not cursed at all. Much better played hard to get heads up but if your in a 3-4-5 way pot there not great. Don't be afraid play them harder to get heads up

Man, i think o never won a JJ hand, always a Queen, king or ace Beats me, is there a good way to play that cursed hand? :jd4::jd4:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands