Playing tournaments do you just play your table or split screen the lobby?

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a dual monitor setup and sometimes I will pull up the lobby and watch all that is going on there.

I seem to do better by just playing tournaments one table at the time and not looking at the lobby.

Does anyone else watch the lobby while playing tournaments or do you just play your table?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I watch other tables when I'm playing in a tournament and watching other players play in a very interesting way and watching what cards they play, but this requires either 2 monitors or a large monitor to separate many poker table windows, so not many people have 2 monitors

S

Smevin1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I play upto 4 tables at once and only look at the lobby when coming towards the bubble to try and play optimally around that time. I've found playing aggressive around the bubble in high buy ins is very profitable, but less so as the buy in gets smaller.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Do you mean the main lobby or the tournament lobby?
I go to the main lobby just to open a specific tournament, since I have my session planified on an excel sheet.
The tournament lobby, I don't open it so much, because I use the info that is already on the table window. I just watch other tables if we're about to enter in the final table.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mean the main lobby or the tournament lobby?
I go to the main lobby just to open a specific tournament, since I have my session planified on an excel sheet.
The tournament lobby, I don't open it so much, because I use the info that is already on the table window. I just watch other tables if we're about to enter in the final table.
The tourney lobby. Watching the individual players chip stacks and the rest of that stuff that is there. Keeping up with how many tables left and how close to ITM.
I've found that I do better it seems by just playing my table and beating it than looking at all of that other stuff and getting distracted.

Last edited:
Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes i just open to watch few tables. Especially if there is not many players left.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the less distracted you are, the better you play - that’s how it is for me, but when there are two tables left, I open the second table and watch how my opponents play

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I play around six tables on a big screen. I occasionally check the lobby to see other player's stack sizes but I don't have it open all the time.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I have a deep run I open the other tables and the main lobby to follow the action yes!!!

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never look in the lobby while playing in a tournament. I don't see any need for it. Whatever happens in the lobby, it doesn't affect my cards, patience or skills in any way :)
..... and therefore there is no point in looking in the lobby.