playing for itm or for ft

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing for final table is not enough, especially the prizes for the 9th and 8th place are often depressing small - avoid these places.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your in it yo make itm than go play a double or nothing sit n go less time and less risk if uour in it to win it or make top 5 atleast then your in the right kind of tourneys lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may plat mtt wrong. I set goals like make It to break, make to final 100 or itm which ever comes first then play for final 18, final table then win
This approach can be counter-productive if it influences you to make sub-optimal decisions in order to achieve any of your intermediate goals.

Also, some such goals are often meaningless. For instance, if you make it to the break, does it mean you played better than if you didn't? In quite a few tournaments, you can make it to the break by sitting out i.e. not playing at all.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ever really thought about the whole break goal I just say that to hope I make it the first hour lol

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I give myself goals in mtt ,
Make ist ITM
Make it to FT
win it.
With this I have a plan that helps me to avoid to be too aggressive or too tight at the diff stages of a tournament

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This approach can be counter-productive if it influences you to make sub-optimal decisions in order to achieve any of your intermediate goals.

Also, some such goals are often meaningless. For instance, if you make it to the break, does it mean you played better than if you didn't? In quite a few tournaments, you can make it to the break by sitting out i.e. not playing at all.

I give myself goals in mtt ,
Make ist ITM
Make it to FT
win it.
With this I have a plan that helps me to avoid to be too aggressive or too tight at the diff stages of a tournament

I have those same goals. Add in enough breaks per the size of the fields. The point as I have discovered is self control. Anyone can come in guns blazing and do serious damage in a short amount of time, but they can not win in in the first few orbits, more often they set themselves up for drastic failure before that first break.

MTT's are long games, they can not be won fast. They can ONLY be lost fast.

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last week i´ve played several mtts but in a moment a got 5 itms in a row but never a deep run so my bankroll just add a little,

now i´m reconsidering to be more aggressive at the beginning and not care to much to be busted in the early stations but try to make a deep run in one or two mtt a month instead of almost reach itm several times and at the end the bankroll never goes up, and usually goes down despite the itms,

what is your suggestion? try to be more aggressive early and go for more chips, risking more, and being busted more frequently or stay still, just play rock and bet high only when you are 100% sure you have the nuts?
I think you should be more aggressive in the middle and late positions in tournaments and remember to win flips :D

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
last week i´ve played several mtts but in a moment a got 5 itms in a row but never a deep run so my bankroll just add a little,

now i´m reconsidering to be more aggressive at the beginning and not care to much to be busted in the early stations but try to make a deep run in one or two mtt a month instead of almost reach itm several times and at the end the bankroll never goes up, and usually goes down despite the itms,

what is your suggestion? try to be more aggressive early and go for more chips, risking more, and being busted more frequently or stay still, just play rock and bet high only when you are 100% sure you have the nuts?

IMO, the middle of the tourney, right before the bubble and on the bubble are the best times to be more aggressive. (usually when antes come into play, or when average M drops to about 12-15)

Early on you should probably keep playing the same style that has gotten you into the money so many times...you must be fairly adept at that style

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not simply a matter of arbitrarily deciding to ramp up your aggression at certain stages. It's also that appropriate opportunities tend to occur more often at certain times such as nearing the bubble. But that's in general. If, for example, you're at a tight table early, that's an appropriate opportunity too. Or in hands against certain opponents.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are certain situations where moving up ITM are more important than trying to win...

But your goal should be taking it down. Final table is where the $ is.