DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Anyone can you explain this how he managed to do this?
I can understand going all in at once and get manage to fold opponents but 3betting and also 5betting shoves all in howw??
I was shocked after seeing this and also had fever jk😜
but I would never imagine myself doing that thing in next 1000 years..
Link to the video: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxvTLV56u5m5yXV4VYqrgVGToC-82AEutB

Share your thoughts regarding this!!

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That's a very daring move, but he probably had a very good read on his opponent. Or he thought what the heck, if he calls I still have a couple of percent chance to win the pot.

I wouldn't have even thought of playing with 52o. That's a clear muck for me.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Video blocked in this country due to copyright grounds...

Must sort out a V.P.N.! :LOL:

At the end of the day.... He's Phil Ivey? :D

I'd like to see the hand before commenting but at that level I'd imagine you're attacking each and every spot you suspect you can take down and thought processes that might occur to you or I have long since been tossed in the dumpster and replaced with something far more 'gladiatorial' (read profitable)... :p :cool:

Furthermore, in preflop situations like this, when you make your opponent fold, you win 100% of the time... If they call, you also still win X% of the time...

When you factor both of these probabilities, depending on how often your opponent is likely to fold, these types of plays can be very profitable as even hands like 32o will win at showdown against hands like AA, KK, AK (etc) some of the time.

When they fold, I always win, when they call, I sometimes win... Overall - I'm always going to win more than I lose if the opponent folds as frequently as expected.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Video blocked in this country due to copyright grounds...

Must sort out a V.P.N.! :LOL:

At the end of the day.... He's Phil Ivey? :D

I'd like to see the hand before commenting but at that level I'd imagine you're attacking each and every spot you suspect you can take down and thought processes that might occur to you or I have long since been tossed in the dumpster and replaced with something far more 'gladiatorial' (read profitable)... :p :cool:

Furthermore, in preflop situations like this, when you make your opponent fold, you win 100% of the time... If they call, you also still win X% of the time...

When you factor both of these probabilities, depending on how often your opponent is likely to fold, these types of plays can be very profitable as even hands like 32o will win at showdown against hands like AA, KK, AK (etc) some of the time.

When they fold, I always win, when they call, I sometimes win... Overall - I'm always going to win more than I lose if the opponent folds as frequently as expected.
I did understand that everyone has some probability to win the pot however how can someone even think of going 5bet shove all in with 25 in his hand I have never seen any poker pro doing this and I don’t think anyone will do this at all.
Either he at that time doesn’t care about his money or maybe I don’t know what he though at that moment.
That was some alien moves right over there👽
Since no human can do that kind of things😳

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a very daring move, but he probably had a very good read on his opponent. Or he thought what the heck, if he calls I still have a couple of percent chance to win the pot.

I wouldn't have even thought of playing with 52o. That's a clear muck for me.
Well it's the bully style, if you don't have AA you should not risk your stack.
Ivey and Negreanu play mostly their image not their cards, imo.
I would never ever try to play against them, even if they would sign a contract that they repay my losses. :ROFLMAO:

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Well it's the bully style, if you don't have AA you should not risk your stack.
Ivey and Negreanu play mostly their image not their cards, imo.
I would never try to play against them, even if they would sign a contract that they repay my losses. :ROFLMAO:
Why is that so ?
You might have your chance don’t you think so?
If I had that opportunity to battle with Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey I would never miss it at all.
I know they are GOAT but I believe I might win as well.
I wish I could be playing with them in near future!!

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is that so ?
You might have your chance don’t you think so?
If I had that opportunity to battle with Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey I would never miss it at all.
I know they are GOAT but I believe I might win as well.
I wish I could be playing with them in near future!!
They both play too unpredictably, even if you are/have in position.
They both have so much experience (or edge) that I will struggle after this play for a long time, even if I got extra lucky.
I will always think I have been extra lucky if I would manage to win, even with long analysis of hands.
Both are not really luck gamblers, they know what they are doing.
It's a way to avoid tilt.
Okay, you have to be challenged with better players to get better at poker.
But training with players that are way ahead in their experience is a hard school, maybe with unlimited play money.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
They both play too unpredictably, even if you are/have in position.
They both have so much experience (or edge) that I will struggle after this play for a long time, even if I got extra lucky.
I will always think I have been extra lucky if I would manage to win, even with long analysis of hands.
Both are not really luck gamblers, they know what they are doing.
It's a way to avoid tilt.
Okay, you have to be challenged with better players to get better at poker.
But training with a people that are way ahead in their experience is a hard school, maybe with unlimited play money.
I understand that they play unpredictable and have alot of experience but if you get a good hand noone can take your winning probability from you its not that they are gonna put a gun in our head and say either you fold or I shoot you in your head 😂
You simply needs to make right decision.
I know they might get inside our head, I will be afraid to play with them as well my heartbeat will be racing to fast but I know they are human as well so I would play my best and give it a shot.
Even sometimes a fish can win a big match😂😜

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I did understand that everyone has some probability to win the pot however how can someone even think of going 5bet shove all in with 25 in his hand I have never seen any poker pro doing this and I don’t think anyone will do this at all.
Either he at that time doesn’t care about his money or maybe I don’t know what he though at that moment.
That was some alien moves right over there👽
Since no human can do that kind of things😳
Oh there are others who are well capable of playing like that.
Ever seen this legendary half million dollar bluff?^^

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Mate I have seen this he at the end also won 10k extra for playing 27 I keep record of everyone and main thing I wanted to convey to you is that Ivey bluffed preflop with 25 off suit he didn’t only bluffed but he 5 bet shoves all in and opponent fold I understand bluffing all in on river but bluffing all in on preflop thats some alien move as I can say coz I don’t think any one dares doing this 😳

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
If you say so I know another guy who pulled of similar bluff like this in preflop with 38 he is Scotty Nguyen but what phil did was extraordinary.
Link to the video where Scotty bluffed :

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand going all in at once and get manage to fold opponents but 3betting and also 5betting shoves all in howw??
Link to the video: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxvTLV56u5m5yXV4VYqrgVGToC-82AEutB

it's a live tell.

look at lex's reaction after ivey asked how much he had in his stack.
  • lex's arms opened so ivey could get a good view at their stack
  • lex counts out his stack and even tries to be exact in his count, saying "140 something. ...130-140."
so, lex is being really helpful towards ivey in his reaction to the question. it's almost like they got caught and now they're trying to cover it up by being super helpful.

if lex had kk+, then they wouldn't make such a big deal of showing and counting out their stacks, to disguise the strength of their hand. he would likely just look down and mentally count it out, or have the dealer do it.

think about the time you got caught doing something you weren't supposed to and how you reacted. like looking at your phone during work, for example. "oh I was just doing this real quick" or "I was just doing that." you're overly helpful in trying to cover up the fact you got caught. but, if it's something you don't need to worry about, your reaction is much different.

it's the quick initial reaction of someone who got caught or has nothing to worry about.

ivey probably knew he didn't have a hand that beat lex, but knew lex likely had a hand they could call a 5bet jam with, based on the reaction.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When you become a Savant
You will start to see Poker in a different way

Many say play your opponent
but what does that mean to you
If you don't understand your opponents

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards