Overlimping range and number of limpers

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more limpers ahead of us the better our pot odds, this seems to imply that we can limp a wider range the more limpers we can expect.

So how wide is reasonable for
3 limpers?
4 limpers?
5 limpers?
6+ limpers?

Do offsuit connectors and offsuit 1 gappers start to become reasonable at some point (maybe expecting 4+ limpers?) ? I would think that multiple limpers actually diminish the value of medium and low suitedness since it increases the odds of us flopping a reverse implied odds flush draw.

Also how does stack depth impact this, at 30BB effective, limping still seems to happen a fair amount. The ISO raises for 5 limps would be 7.5BB, so 1/4 our stack.

I realize that aggressive players to act after us, how far off the button our position is, the propensity of early limpers to 'limp 3bet' vs 'limp call' vs 'limp fold' and postflop aggression of the table all will impact this, but I'd like to see some discussion on this.

Personally I think adding in offsuit connects and offsuit 1 gappers for 4+ limpers ahead of us seems reasonable at passive tables.

I generally have been raise or fold and dropping most implied hands at 30BB effective but now I'm thinking it might be worthwhile.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had never problem with limpers, their game dont bother me.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had never problem with limpers, their game dont bother me.

They don't bother me, but I'd like to make the most profitable decisions against them.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get to a table where everyone limps, I don't worry at all and just go all-in with 88 + AT + let them call.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a strategy of limping, but basically nobody plays limps except fish. We play aggressively with limpers and that's it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont do much overlimping, and when I do, its mostly small to medium pairs in order to try and flop a set. In theory though equities tend to run closer in multiway spots, and the value of making nutted hands go up. So with many limpers the value of for instance suited aces go up, because they can make the nut flush and also trips with top kicker, if for instance you have A7s, and flop comes 77J.

Suited connectors tend to have reasonable equity multiway, but as you already mentioned, they rarely makes the nuts, and this can be a bit of an issue, when you finally hit the board hard, but then someone else hit it even harder. If for instance you flop two pair with a suited connector, then per definition there is a straightdraw on board, and there are many ways for you to be beat by the river. Or going back to the 77J flop, you dont want to be the player with 87s or 76s and end up losing an enormous pot to the guy with A7s.